Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Default 18 year olds

The next time we cruise my girls will have just turned 18. I know they won't be in the teen area anymore, but will not want to hang around adults. Is there a place for kids this age to go and meet other young adults?

Thanks,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

Hi. I recently turned 18 and I know that I'm no longer allowed to go into the teen club but as far as activities just for us there isnt any other than the meet and mingle in the adult club I think its the first night.. I'm just going to find things to do like go to the game shows and I will go into the adult club at night but I'm going to be focused on at least finding a couple of people my age. The only thing I can say is be outgoing and hope for the best. A cruise is a cruise and I think that I should have fun no matter what and I think that most teens that are too old for the teen club but really not quite old enough to be around the adults that are 21+. We arent allowed to drink so why let us in there? But Goodluck! I hope that your teen daughters have an amazing cruise no matter what =)
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Admiral

In John Heald's Blog he said that stating at spring break they will be rolling out new things for 18-21 year olds this spring break through the whole fleet.

Mike Smith Asked:
Hi John,
Please reply (when you get a chance).
First, the Spa really does look great, as does the whole ship. There really is something special about the smaller ships that surprised us when we cruised the Imagination, compared to the larger ships. Sometimes, it is good to cruise a variety of ships (both small and large).

Anyway, I have a few quick questions. First, you had once written about the lack of activities and entertainment options for the 18-21 year old age group. You had asked for our opinions on what Carnival can do to entertain this group since they are often “left out.” I had asked some family members in that age category, and I had come to the conclusion that a few organized and unorganized (hosted and not hosted) socials (meet ups/ice breakers/gatherings) and organized activities (pool and hot tub night, scavenger hunt, group dinner or tournament or interactive cooking demo / fun type class) would all be great additions for that left out age group.

The reason why I am bringing this up is because I am working on planning a family and friends group cruise (possibly for the Dream), and I am trying to find the best line and ship for all ages of our group (with several members in this age group). I am hoping within the next year when we plan to cruise (hopefully will book soon), that Carnival will begin some new activities and/or fleet wide program for this age group. Are there any plans in the works?

Also, if you have the video camera and are able to catch some Lido deck fun or the band out playing, we would love to see that… but definitely understand if your busy or have other good things to write about and take pictures/videos of.

Lastly, as I said above, we might be going on the Dream, and definitely think Jaime would be a great addition to Todd’s Dream crew… we would love to see her on our cruise.

Thanks for everything as always and please enjoy every second of the Blogger’s cruise.

-Mike

John Says:
Hi Mike:
Thanks for the great comment and let me start with saying how right you are about trying a variety of ships in the Carnival fleet. I have been away from the Fantasy-class for sometime now and I really have seen what I have been missing since joining the Carnival Fantasy. I also wanted to confirm that yes indeed we are starting this coming spring break time with fleetwide activities for the age group you mentioned. While we encourage them to come to all the adult activities and events we also realize that they do need icebreakers and age specific events in order to make new friends. Now, I will be honest when I say that some of the ones we tried did not work such as a cooking class and the dating game where attendance was zero. However, attendance for karaoke and icebreaker events was very good and I think it’s along those paths that we shall continue and of course we will adapt and try new things along the way. I hope this helps as you continue to plan your Carnival Dream family vacation. I will make sure we shoot lots of video next week mate so please keep reading the blog thingy
My best to you and all the family
Cheers
John

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:09 AM
First Mate

Thanks for all the info, it looks like they will not feel 'left out'. When they spend too much time together it can be trying at best.

Kathy