Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default Im so ready

hey guys, i wanted to know what are the activities like for ages 18 to 22 (you know college age)... ill be turning 21 this may and im going on the carnival miracle.. leaving june 1... i remember last time i went on a cruise i was 15. so i was still camp carnival age..
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Im so ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiya1988
hey guys, i wanted to know what are the activities like for ages 18 to 22 (you know college age)... ill be turning 21 this may and im going on the carnival miracle.. leaving june 1... i remember last time i went on a cruise i was 15. so i was still camp carnival age..
Congratulations...since you will be 21 you can do whatever you please. 8)
Being mid-40's I cannot tell you what the 18-22 crowd do, but I have noticed that they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Oh drinking age nice. You have to get late seating so you can hit both of the captain's cocktail parties; the early seating one and the late seating one. . Free cocktails. Also if you have cruised before put in your past guest number on the fun pass before you cruise for an invite to the past guest party (more free drinks).

I like to do the movie trivia, karaoke, and pee wee golf. Hanging by the pool and playing the pool games is also a blast. You may want to check for single mixers. Just to let you know a "Friend of Dorothy" meeting is the gays and Lesbian meeting. The "Friends of Bill W" meeting is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. So don't go to the Friends of Bill W meeting with a drink in hand saying, "Let's party." Have a great cruise.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Passenger

Party til you drop
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Free cocktails. Wink Also if you have cruised before put in your past guest number on the fun pass before you cruise for an invite to the past guest party (more fee drinks).
good to know....

~Carnival Inspiration May 2009~
~Carnival Imagination Sept 2007~
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Beginner

thank you so much,, you guys are awsome
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks23
Quote:
Free cocktails. Wink Also if you have cruised before put in your past guest number on the fun pass before you cruise for an invite to the past guest party (more fee drinks).
good to know....
Oops that should have said (more free Drinks) not (more fee drinks). Man I need a drink.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Quote:
good to know....
Oops that should have said (more free Drinks) not (more fee drinks). Man I need a drink.
oh yes.... "more FEE drinks" is correct as well.
"certainly.... jes ve haf dat trink...can I see your sign & sail card please"

/ticker.png">
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Oh drinking age nice. You have to get late seating so you can hit both of the captain's cocktail parties; the early seating one and the late seating one. . Free cocktails. Also if you have cruised before put in your past guest number on the fun pass before you cruise for an invite to the past guest party (more free drinks).

I like to do the movie trivia, karaoke, and pee wee golf. Hanging by the pool and playing the pool games is also a blast. You may want to check for single mixers. Just to let you know a "Friend of Dorothy" meeting is the gays and Lesbian meeting. The "Friends of Bill W" meeting is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. So don't go to the Friends of Bill W meeting with a drink in hand saying, "Let's party." Have a great cruise.

I saw guys trying to crash both capts cocktail parties and were recognized by the staff. They were asked to leave. You may get away with it but unless you like blue margys or whiskey sours it isnt all that great. Plus I hate to see loud drunk people running around. I also heard that although Bill W and Dorothy meetings are published in the capers, they prefer to be low key about it. If I was in a Bill W meeting I wouldnt want gawkers because somebody told the world about our meetings. Just a suggestion...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Quote:

I saw guys trying to crash both capts cocktail parties and were recognized by the staff. They were asked to leave. You may get away with it but unless you like blue margys or whiskey sours it isnt all that great. Plus I hate to see loud drunk people running around. I also heard that although Bill W and Dorothy meetings are published in the capers, they prefer to be low key about it. If I was in a Bill W meeting I wouldnt want gawkers because somebody told the world about our meetings. Just a suggestion...
I didn't tell the OP about the Bill W and Friends of Dorothy meets so she/he could gawk at the people. I told her/him about it because it appears in the caper and people don't know what it is. If you don't know you could show up at a meeting not knowing. Please people don't attend these meetings to gawk, I'm sure most people have more class then that.

As for the captain cocktail party you can order off the tray of drinks they bring around. So we order Long Island Teas. I'm guess the people you saw get throw out were being loud and annoying. We were being loud and entertaining so no one throw us out. Plus we tip the waiters because they work hard at these parties. Sorry you misunderstood my post I hope other didn't.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
good to know....
oh yes.... "more FEE drinks" is correct as well.
"certainly.... jes ve haf dat trink...can I see your sign & sail card please"

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994