Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Captain

Default Minimum age?

Did Carnival recently change their rules regarding minimum age for an infant to sail? I always thought it was four months until I just went to make a booking on a FANTASTIC deal for the Carnival Dream's transatlantic in October and was told my soon to be infant would be too young. DANG! $709 per person 1st/2nd was such a sweet deal!

But honestly, was it a recent change or have I been out of touch for a long time?
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Can I sail with my infant?

Minimum age for sailing is 6 months, with the exceptions of Transatlantic, Hawaii and South American cruises, which are 12 months. This is a company policy which takes into consideration the safety and comfort of the infant as well as the other guests. Carnival has fully researched the legality of the policy and it is not discriminatory and does not violate any applicable law. Carnival will not make exceptions and do not allow for the signing of waivers or releases to make an exception to the policy.

Fly-Aweigh infants (6 to 23 months of age) will be charged the "Cruise-Only" rate as long as the infant sits on a parent's lap on the airplane. If an airline seat is requested by the parent, then the infant will be charged the standard Fly-Aweigh rate. When an infant reaches 24 months of age, an airline ticket is required by the airlines.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Captain

HI Irish, Thanks. I know what it is I was just wondering when it had changed : ). When we first started sailing with our kids I now that it was less than six months because our current youngest was only 5 months.

Disappointing not to be able to take advantage of an awesome deal but we'll wait there will be another : )
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Familiar Face

i have always wondered how the pricing works for children...do they pay the same as an adult? i dont have kids but i know that i was wondering this very thing on my last cruise....

~Carnival Inspiration May 2009~
~Carnival Imagination Sept 2007~
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks23
i have always wondered how the pricing works for children...do they pay the same as an adult? i dont have kids but i know that i was wondering this very thing on my last cruise....
The 3rd and 4th person in a cabin pay a reduced rate regardless of whether or not they are a child. Some cruiselines don't do this but Carnival doesn't discount for wee ones. In some ways it's not fair but in others you can see their point, for me it depends on my mood on a particular day about whether or not it irritates me. I have to admit that our most recent cruise was on MSC and the kids sailing free for 17 days was a super bonus and was the only reason we could really justify the expense. I love Carnival but reduced kids prices and kids sail free promotions are important when you have two (and soon to be 3) kids. My brand loyalty is shrinking, like my bank account.