Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Pride/Baltimore Embarkation Questions

Hi! I am new to these boards but not to cruising. I will be going on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. I was hoping that someone could help with the following questions:

1) What time can you check in at the Baltimore Pier?

2) I booked a ST Guarantee. Do you normally get an 11? Has anyone received a 12? I read something about VIP check-in/a club at the pier...any info on this?

3) We are traveling with 2 girls (my daughter and her best friend). They will both be 8. Any recommendations for excursions in Grand Turk and Freeport? My daughter's birthday is the day that we are in Grand Turk...not that it matters but just an aside.

Thanks so much for any information!

Venus
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Pride/Baltimore Embarkation Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy83
Hi! I am new to these boards but not to cruising. I will be going on the Pride out of Baltimore in June. I was hoping that someone could help with the following questions:

1) What time can you check in at the Baltimore Pier?
11am-noon

2) I booked a ST Guarantee. Do you normally get an 11? Has anyone received a 12? I read something about VIP check-in/a club at the pier...any info on this?
There will be a seperate line/boarding area for VIPs. Suite/Platinum members

Venus

See above
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
First Mate

Grand Turk is a small island with limited choices. You either go on one of the excursions listed or spend the day on the beach or party at Margaritaville. There is a small shopping area at the end of the pier with a mixture of local art and the typical commercial cruise shops.

There is a large pool serviced by Margaritaville where a pretty good party gets going but may not be best if your there with children. The beach is nice with free deck chairs and you can rent “clamshells” that offer shade but also block the breeze and can get pretty warm.

We shopped then spent the day on the beach. Snorkeling at the edges of the swimming area is good, not fantastic but good. The dune buggy and power boat excursions looked fun and received good reviews by people we talked to.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination