Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Admiral

We are home!

If I were to try to tell you how much fun I had, this page would be full of nothing but one praise after another.

It was so much fun to finally get to cruise with Kuki. I have always read his virtual cruises and wondered when I would actually get to be there! It finally happened!

I feel that I missed out, because the rest of my family (my son and daughter-in-law ) wanted the late dining time, and the rest of the bloggers had early. There were some people that I just didn't get a chance to visit with, and that was my loss! During the rehab cruise, we ate at the early dining time, with the rest of the group.

I got to meet my cruise heroes, Ray and Helen! There were so many that I enjoyed, I want to see all these people again! Whether it is on a ship, or just a visit, while passing through their hometown. If you have never booked a group cruise, let me encourage you. You don't have to change any of your normal cruise routines, but it is so much fun to see that familiar face and sharing a laugh. I laughed a LOT during the last 9 days!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Admiral

I just walked in the door myself about a half an hour ago. Like Ready2Go, I cannot comment enough on what a special group of Cruisemates we were blessed to cruise with. I had a ball! and truthfully cannot wait to get together with all of you again...

Regarding disembarcation, we actually did self assist for the first time and were fortunate to be off the ship by about 8:30 a.m. it was quick and painless. I normally don't opt for self assist but we needed to get on the road asap, because we needed to get home tonight.

Mom and Dad followed us and all arrived safe and sound.

Kuki I am sending positive travel vibes your way! Hope you have smooth sailing!

I will post more a little later after a good nights sleep and a shower.

Has anyone seen my room steward?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Beenie... it was great seeing you and meeting more of the family. I'm in love with your MOM!!

And you two ROCKED at the talent shows!! Wish we had video of that.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Kuki, You're a great comic and honestly if you can do that well with your first crack at stand up comedy, you may have found your next career path.

My Mother had a ball too and my family in general was so impressed by our "cruise family" they were immediately smitten by all of the Cruisemates. The only regret I had was the my sister Cathy and cousin Laura had to leave after the first 5 days and we really missed them when they left. Those two are great to cruise with!

I returned home to mounds of stuff to do but I am very happy to see the temps above freezing, unlike when we left two weeks ago. I have a few errands to run today. I'd like to go buy a new TV and if I can find a deal on hardwood flooring, I'd like to redo our bedroom and the sunroom. We'll see how that goes. I need to find a positive outlet for all my newly found spare time, since I don't have to work on finding d/h work anymore.

I am landsick today. I still feel the motion of the ocean, even though I'm on flat land, and it is making me nauseous. I don't get sea sick, I get sick once I get off the ship though...I think it may be time to book another cruise.

Regrets... I didn't get to meet Jleq or Zydeco Cruiser, and barely got to visit with Marietta, who has been taking such good care of me over the past years.

Old February 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I have decided I am going on the next Carnival blogger's cruise!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Kuki, THANKS very much for all you effort. Carole and I had a great time and meet some wonderful people. I hope we can all cruise again very soon. Have a good time on Silver Seas. This should be an interesting contrast for you and Mrs.K. Mike and Carole
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Admiral

The Pirate Princess seems unable to function on land. She has already locked the keys in her car today and yes it is the one without OnStar.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Scurvy...Too funny! I know the feeling!

Last night Mrs. Kuki and I wandered in the French Quarter, and had dinner at Crescent City Brewery, that was closed for a private party, when we were going to meet their pre-cruise. Nice spot!

Today we wandered to explore the Warehouse district, and then off, of course, to Cafe Du Monde for the requisite stop. During our wanderings I think I saw a place to come back to, to put in a job application.

We have to head to the airport at the ridiculous time of 4 AM... so tonight it's likely an early dinner, and hopefully a few hours of sleep time.

Even though all you CruiseMates won't be with us (it would really be fun if you were), hope you'll come with us in spirit, while we sail off to another spectrum of cruising on the luxury Siversea line. Live stories everyday for 17 nights. Stay tuned to see how Kuki fits in with this crowd
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=605794
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Kuki:

Have a wonderful cruise and any time you get homesick for us just yell something about a pigeon????

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Thanks Linda! It was a pleasure meeting you, and hearing you sing! I didn't make it to Karaoke, but I did catch both the regular and Blogger's talent shows.

DJ seemed to have a smile on his face every time I saw him, so he's a great cruiser too. You guys just keep on keeping on!

Mrs. Kuki and I did an early dinner tonight at the House of Blues, and pretty soon we're going to try and go to sleep in preparation for 3 AM wake up call

The only good part is that the flight is taking us to another (hopefully on time, and with our luggage). As everyone knows by now... I HATE FLYING!!!!
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Admiral

One final comment from me about the Blog2NOLA group, and the other Bloggers groups.

There were two other groups onboard, though CruiseMates had the largest group, and I met many terrific people from the other groups within the Blogger's Group.

It was the other "group leaders" I was a little bit disappointed in. We planned our PJ party the first night onboard, and invited all the groups to participate, as it was meant to be a group... the Blogger's group.

Unfortunately the other group leaders wanted to keep their groups "private", and didn't extend the same invitation to those in the CM group that we had... to include everyone.

Somewhat sad that keeping their group activities "private" was more important than letting it all flow...IMHO

The 5 days were jam-packed, so it wouldn't have made a difference, but the attitude displayed could have been better.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
One final comment from me about the Blog2NOLA group, and the other Bloggers groups.

There were two other groups onboard, though CruiseMates had the largest group, and I met many terrific people from the other groups within the Blogger's Group.

It was the other "group leaders" I was a little bit disappointed in. We planned our PJ party the first night onboard, and invited all the groups to participate, as it was meant to be a group... the Blogger's group.

Unfortunately the other group leaders wanted to keep their groups "private", and didn't extend the same invitation to those in the CM group that we had... to include everyone.

Somewhat sad that keeping their group activities "private" was more important than letting it all flow...IMHO

The 5 days were jam-packed, so it wouldn't have made a difference, but the attitude displayed could have been better.

In all fairness, yes, Cruisemates was the largest group...but that is because Cruise Critic does 10 -15 group cruises a year with Carnival...not one. That certainly dilutes the "draw pool".

Secondly, none of the other groups had a speciality party like the PJ party. If we had, then everyone would have been invited, because this PJ party cost Cruisemates nothing.

CC had a tea (just like y'all~ which only Cruisemates was invited to,..no one else) and CC had a Cocktail Party (just like y'all ~which only Cruisemates was invited it...no one else). Had the other groups had a "speciality party"...I am sure it would have been opened to everyone because again...it would have have cost anyone any additional money.

Big Ed's Group had an hour in the Piano Bar for Adam to play and it was only open to Big Ed's Evil Krewe, because John was paying for the champagne and it would not have been fair to increase the cost out of his pocket by inviting everyone.

Big Ed's Group also had a Baby Shower for John that we spent a good deal of money on. That was the only other activity that I can think of...but just like "outsiders" were not invited to any activity that Cruisemates PAID FOR... no one was invited to this except those who paid for it.

I think there were more than enough activities to go around and I did not see anyone being "left out".

We had a great time and look forward to the Dream in December.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki

Kuki, the party that the Evil Krewe gave John was during our "Tea time with John" which was set up for us just like yours and CC. We do the best we can with the time given us. We just take the mike out of his hand and proceed to make the big man cry. The only other thing we had that was for our Evil Krewe that was private was a last minute thing. John gave Adam our piano man a hour to play in the piano bar for the Evil Krewe. We didn't even get the info on this out to all the Krewe.

We do thank you for the invite to your PJ party. We were planning a pub crawl but Big Tex said he was going to have one so we dropped that planning.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Beenie, holy cow! I never made the connection... you and your mom rocked the talent shows. I leaned over to my friend and said, "Wow!" when you two started. Really great! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to really meet you.

Kuki - like Linda and Ed said, the Evil Krewe didn't plan any activities beyond our tea time. The hour in the piano bar with Adam was set up by John. He informed me of it at the Charity event and he hadn't even talked to Adam about it yet! Plus the time changed like 3 times. The cooking with Kevin was open to all, but again the time changed several times and then got overlapped by the press Q&A. A good portion of our Krewe even missed it!

I felt pulled in about 20 different directions. Loved meeting those of you that I did. Jleq, my piano bar buddy, sorry I wasn't in there more, but Richie was putting me to sleep with his predilection for the slow songs. Loved your night shirt though. And Zydeco, glad I finally got to meet you, I've always enjoyed your pictures!

And Snoozeman, you're my hero for keeping me from floating away in Coz!

Kuki, thanks for everything. I know that this was not the easiest group cruise to plan for.

I was exhausted when I got home. I brought home John's cold and it took me the 4 day weekend just to recover from that!

Alas, this will probably be my last bloggers cruise and cruise in general for a while. Things are too uncertain right now.

But hopefully I'll run into y'all on a ship again sometime.

Cheerios,

Laura
Carnival Freedom 01/19/08 - 1st Blogger's Cruise!
Carnival Valor 07/08/07
Carnival Valor 07/09/06
Carnival Inspiration 07/03
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Thanks Miss Laura, I think that last night I did get to meet you and all the princesses. You guys looked like you were having a ball. I hope things smooth out and everyone can get their lives back on solid ground again. Everyone seems to be in upheaval right now. I am confident that it will all shake out and when it's all said and done, we'll be better off in the long run which is hard to see when you are in the thick of it all.

Hang in there girl. Thanks for your kind words. You'll be cruising again before you know it.

Old February 19th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
We do thank you for the invite to your PJ party. We were planning a pub crawl but Big Tex said he was going to have one so we dropped that planning.
You guys shouldn't misunderstand my comments. I think everyone had a great time, and people from all the groups met others, and that worked out just fine. I know I met and made some great new friends.

The tea times etc. were not an issue at all!!

I was expressing disappointment about the coordination amongst us. It would have been impossible for everyone to do everything, but I do think we could have encouraged even more "assimilation". I wasn't trying to be critical, just "thinking out loud" how it could have been made even better.

Perhaps hard to do on only a 5 day cruise. But I'm always looking at ways to be better, I guess.