Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default All Inclusive Cruise

I was just wondering how great it would be if a cruise was all inclusive.
You would never have to worry about tipping anyone. Never have someone waiting for a tip. Never worry about sneaking alcohol on the ship. Let the cruise line charge more up front and make everyone life simpler. It works at resorts.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Admiral

I cruise Regent Seven Seas Cruises which includes all beverages, all restaurants, and all gratuities. In addition, my cruises this year include shore excursions which will save me close to $3,000 over two weeks in Europe.

If you usually book a balcony or suite on mainstream ship, you might want to start looking at the all inclusive cruise lines; especially if, like me, you drink a bit more than you should.

By the way, since I have sailed more than 75 nights on Regent I also get free internet, free ship to shore phone (three hours), free newspaper (I usually choosed USA Today) every day, and free pressing. Pretty soon, I will also get free laundry. I am finding there are fewer options for actually using the shipboard credit that get from Amex besides bookin another cruise.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Marc hit the nail on the head. There are all-inclusive cruises out there, you just have to pay for them. That's not Carnival's market. Though I haven't really felt anybody was waiting around for a tip, except maybe the porters who are dock employee's rather than cruiseline employees.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Captain

If Carnival raised the prices enough to include all you wanted to drink, the prices would be so high, that those of us who rarely drink or dont drink at all would find other cruiselines I'm afraid. I wouldnt want to fund others drinking.
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Captain

You could make all inclusive an option so that all passengers who dont drink wouldnt have to pay for the ones that do. The downside is the service is the same for all passengers so the only benefit as I see it is you wouldnt have to pay for drinks one at a time. Now all you would see is drunker people causing problems. It may be a good deal for the heavy drinker but the rest of us will have to deal with the obnoxious fools. No thanks...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Carnival does have a drinks included options for groups. I do not know the minimum group size; however, all members in the group must pay even if they all don't drink.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14