CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   hotel closed to the port in miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/361267-hotel-closed-port-miami.html)

mjzagar66 February 11th, 2009 12:26 AM

hotel closed to the port in miami

we are going on the valor next year in feb
what i am looking for is a hotel that is closed to the port
does anybody know which hotel is not far from the port
and do you have any ideal what the rates are about

rdlouhy February 11th, 2009 11:51 AM

Also do any hotels provide transportation to the port?

LucyR. February 11th, 2009 12:21 PM

The best hotel to stay at is the Courtyard Marriot. I think it only costs approx. $99. PER NIGHT. It is a beautiful clean hotel with the best beds ever. It is plush, plush bedding.

You can walk to the International Market Place for dinner.
You can see the ships from that Bay area.

Just pay a taxi $20. to get to the cruiseport.

RockChickX51 February 11th, 2009 12:44 PM

There's also a Comfort Suites close to the port. It's actually called Comfort Suites at the Port. All the rooms are suites (obviously). They have free shuttle transportation to and from the port. Also if you drive down there you can park your car there for $12/day as apposed to the $20/day it costs at the actual Port of Miami.
We're staying there just for the cheap(er) parking and free transport.

dear23 February 11th, 2009 02:49 PM

The Holiday Inn is also nice, and right across the street from Bayside. We stayed there in September before our Truimph cruise. No shuttle to the port, but it's just a short trip (5 minutes at the most) and about $10 in a cab.

katlady February 11th, 2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dear23
The Holiday Inn is also nice, and right across the street from Bayside. We stayed there in September before our Truimph cruise. No shuttle to the port, but it's just a short trip (5 minutes at the most) and about $10 in a cab.

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn, we had a quad room for 4 people. I think I paid about $180 April 25 to April 26, 2008. However, for two people I would be cheaper. I liked it because it was across the street from (Bayside Marketplace) Bubba Gump's seafood restuarant where we met other CruiseMates for dinner per cruise. Also we could see the ships in port from our room. Here is tripadvisor for reviews, also if you scroll down a little you will see Traveler Photos & Videos I like those because they give a truer picture.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...i_Florida.html

dear23 February 11th, 2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:

Originally Posted by dear23

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn, we had a quad room for 4 people. I think I paid about $180 April 25 to April 26, 2008. However, for two people I would be cheaper. I liked it because it was across the street from (Bayside Marketplace) Bubba Gump's seafood restuarant where we met other CruiseMates for dinner per cruise. Also we could see the ships in port from our room. Here is tripadvisor for reviews, also if you scroll down a little you will see Traveler Photos & Videos I like those because they give a truer picture.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...i_Florida.html

I loved Bubba Gumps, yum! That whole market is really fantastic at night, IMHO.

LeeandKelli February 11th, 2009 04:45 PM

We like staying at the Embassy Suite's Airport. They have a free shuttle to the hotel and the cab fare to the ship is only 25.00. They also have a
managers cocktail party with free drinks the evening you check in and a free full breakfast the next morning before you go to the ship. I do not know what the rates are currently? They have a website you could check.
They also offer a cruise package rate that includes a shuttle to the ship.

Lee & Kelli

rdlouhy February 11th, 2009 07:47 PM

It looks like Embassy for us.Thanks a lot.

Travelnut February 12th, 2009 11:06 AM

We always use priceline to book downtown Miami 4 * hotels,,,Have had great luck. Have stayed @ the Hyatt and Marriott several times,,,all for $50 to $70 per night. Bot pre and post cruise,,, we always use a cab to get to the ports.

Dutchman February 13th, 2009 11:07 AM

Holiday Inn, just so we can go to Bayside for Dinner. You got Bubba and Hard rock a few other places that are great , sometimes there is entertainment next to the docks.

teaach February 15th, 2009 05:48 PM

The Holiday Inn is across the street from the Bayside Market, a very nice open air shopping center. The port is just over the bridge, a short taxi ride away. We took the Valor two years ago, but we stayed about one block further away in the Intercontinental. The Holiday Inn is okay for one night but the Intercontinental was amazing. It is right on the inland waterway. If you like a nice place bid Priceline and you will get it for half price. Hotwire is also a good place to get a good deal. If you want the Holiday Inn do it early because it fills up fast with cruisers. Also the Bayside Market has some good places to eat breakfast and dinner with amazing views. Good luck!