Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Yeoman

Default Tell me about the Victory.

I will be sailing on the Victory this May. I've been on the Legend and Liberty. How does this ship compare? Also any tips on Barbados and St. Kitts. We haven't been to these ports yet. Favorite excursions?
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat
Default Re: Tell me about the Victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentravelin
I will be sailing on the Victory this May. I've been on the Legend and Liberty. How does this ship compare? Also any tips on Barbados and St. Kitts. We haven't been to these ports yet. Favorite excursions?
The Victory is nice. Almost identical in layout to the Legend. It has a gorgeous atrium

from a fellow cruisemater

I went snorkeling in Barbados last year and didn't get to do anything in St. Kitts. But my friends found the Elvis party bus on the pier ran by locals that took them all over the island and all the rum they wanted for $15 pp. I'd say check out the local tours before I booked one on the ship~I will the next time I'm there.

to the left~Atlantic Ocan. to the right~Caribbean Sea St. Kitts<---my friend took this

have fun!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Passenger

The Victory is nearly identical to Legend but both of those ships are VASTLY different in design than the Liberty. Both the Triumph and Conquest class ships are virtual identical, aside from extra decks dedicated to balconies on the Conquest class; the public spaces are all the same---and that's what you are aiming for.

On the Spirit class, it's a completely different design philosophy. While some things betyween the classes are in the same spot, there is only 1 main (and larger) dining room in the rear on the Spirit class, and more public space dedicated to specialized eateries and lounges.

[/i]

Upcoming:

Grandeur of the Seas, April 2009
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Captain

I liked the victory and her sister ship the Triumph. My husband immediately will say to warn you of the Seahorses on the Victory. They are on the staircases and if you have a tendency to move quickly near them you will sport the appropriate bruises in sometimes inappropriate spots. That issue aside...we loved the Victory. When we went on her though she was doing a different itinerary. In our opinion this is the perfect size ship, large enough to have lots of amenities, small enough not to have huge line-ups and crowds. We found the ship to be immaculate and that time and wouldn't hesitate to sail her again.

St. Kitts I can't help with but we have been to Barbados on the Destiny. We typically like to venture off on our own and had decided to do the same in Barbados, we found the exit at the pier to be a horrible experience if you were not already with a guide. Our group was accosted, and yes I do mean accosted even in the most negative form, by a large group of taxi drivers who were shouting over one another. One of whom attempted to convince part of our group that we had hired him by trying to lead our kids to his van. This momma bear really lost her cool at that point and security came and gave us some breathing room. Eventually we did hire a cab to take us to the beach and on an informal island tour. The beach was lovely, the tour was disappointing. Others may have had better luck but despite my aversion to cruiseline excursions I'd highly recommend one in Barbados. If we visit there in the future we will book an excursion or stay on the ship. As a side note, there is a nice little market at the pier but the prices aren't anything to write home about. Have a great cruise.
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

I will be booking the same cruise on the Victory for Jan. 2010. Ive done this itinerary 2 time before with the exception of Dominica

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Captain

Default Re: Tell me about the Victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat
Quote:
The Victory is nice. Almost identical in layout to the Liberty and Legend. It has a gorgeous atrium

from a fellow cruisemater

I went snorkeling in Barbados last year and didn't get to do anything in St. Kitts. But my friends found the Elvis party bus on the pier ran by locals that took them all over the island and all the rum they wanted for $15 pp. I'd say check out the local tours before I booked one on the ship~I will the next time I'm there.

to the left~Atlantic Ocan. to the right~Caribbean Sea St. Kitts<---my friend took this

Man, if that atrium is really that color, I think it would make me sick. That is one god awful shade of seasick green... glad you like it though Cat...lol

have fun!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
My husband immediately will say to warn you of the Seahorses on the Victory.
My DG has a Seahorse phobia.

The Victory looks like a beautiful ship! I'm so stoked! Thanks everyone for the advice and pics!
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

Old February 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
My husband immediately will say to warn you of the Seahorses on the Victory.
My DG has a Seahorse phobia.

The Victory looks like a beautiful ship! I'm so stoked! Thanks everyone for the advice and pics!
Heads up, they're on the banisters of the stairwells

Have fun! Wish I were going!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old February 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to kiteflyer

Hi - we leave in 13 days on the Victory. Will let you know what we think and did and saw. Really looking forward to the cruise, sick of moving snow from one spot to another. Kiteflyer in Wisconsin
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteflyer
Hi - we leave in 13 days on the Victory. Will let you know what we think and did and saw. Really looking forward to the cruise, sick of moving snow from one spot to another. Kiteflyer in Wisconsin
Thanks Kiteflyer! Take lots of pics and post them here on cruisemates if you don't mind. Have a wonderful vacation.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess