Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Passenger

Default Riviera Deck on Fascination ( Ocean View)

Has anyone stayed on this deck before? If so, How was it? I was told that it was located on the back of the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
First Mate

Riviera is an entire cabin deck onboard the ship. I believe it is also the lowest deck with cabins for guests. I would recommend a higher deck because of the time it takes to get down to that level everytime you go up top. Elevators can be slow so you will have to use the stairs!

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Passenger

Riviera Deck is the lowest passenger deck. We stayed on it last September, and are booked on it again for our November cruise. It doesn't really take that long to get up to the Lido or Promenade deck from a Riveria cabin, and if you like quite conditions to sleep in it is perfect. An added bonus is that it's super quick to get off the ship on port days, as you only need to go down one deck to get off the ship - you can also skip the line for the elevator when you get back onboard and make a quick trip up a flight of stairs to get back to your cabin.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past cruises:
Carnival Triumph Sept 2008 - Eastern Caribbean
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
First Mate

Dear23 is right, the Riviera deck is great on port days. Quick access out and you room is close when you get back on. We had Riviera rooms on the Imagination which is about the same size. The ship is smaller so it’s not that far to the main decks. A little farther to the Lido deck but not bad. Also there is less motion that low. If you have any problems with motion sickness, the middle of the Riviera deck is the best place to be. We would stay there more, but there are no balconies that low. After getting a balcony that is the only way my wife will go now. Hint, don’t get a balcony until you are ready to pay for one every time you cruise thereafter.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Admiral

Default Rivera Deck

I've been on Rivera several times and I like it. Quiet, less motion, window cabins are perfect for me, I had the balcony and did not feel it was worth $300 more. I can use that money towards airfare, a shore excursion, spending or another trip. Getting on lido is no problem there are lots of elevators to choose from, the glass one's off the atrium tend to be more crowded. Bonus one time the upper decks were running out of wash cloths and things in the cabins but those of us on Rivera never had that problem we were always fully stocked, great room stewards also. Getting off the ship is a breeze. I just booked the main deck(just one up from Rivera) for my next cruise, as long as I can look out and see the ocean I'm happy. Inside cabins for me are too clostrophobic and if I want to go on deck I just hop on the elevator.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Passenger

We stayed on the Riviera Deck last August and it was just fine. We had a big window where we could sit on the bed and watch the flying fish come out of the waves. It was pretty cool. We did have some kind of noise outside the window that was annoying at times, but we got use to it. We did just fine getting up to the upper decks. The elevators weren't to bad.

Have a fun trip!
Carnival Valor June 14, 2009 (Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize & Key West USA)