Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Familiar Face

Default Question about Fantasy 4C stateroom, U221

I will be cruising on Fantasy in a 4C stateroom soon, for my first cruise. The room is U221 which (on all deck plans I've ever seen) shows 2 single beds and 2 upper beds and no sofa. (I understand... it's a small room. I didn't book it myself - my sister did. )

My question is, how in the world are we going to sleep 5 regular sized people in this room? There's me, my sister, her husband, and their two teenage boys.

It sounds to me like somebody's going to have to sleep on the floor. I'm confused that a travel agent would put us in a room that apparently has room for only 4.
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Question about Fantasy 4C stateroom, U221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarie
I will be cruising on Fantasy in a 4C stateroom soon, for my first cruise. The room is U221 which (on all deck plans I've ever seen) shows 2 single beds and 2 upper beds and no sofa. (I understand... it's a small room. I didn't book it myself - my sister did. )

My question is, how in the world are we going to sleep 5 regular sized people in this room? There's me, my sister, her husband, and their two teenage boys.

It sounds to me like somebody's going to have to sleep on the floor. I'm confused that a travel agent would put us in a room that apparently has room for only 4.
They will bring in a rollaway bed for the evening time. BUT you are going to be crowded.... remember that some can always go up to the spa and use the showers/bathrooms... take some chill pills with you! lol
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Admiral

We have done an interior 4C with 4 before...hubby , myself, and 2 sons.

But I think that is going to be tight with 5.

I do agree with the idea of sending the guys to the gym to shower .... that will free up the bathroom time for the important folks (the ladies!!!)

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your kind replies.

Wow, it's going to feel just like the good old days in our camper with our family of ... 8. I think I'll stake an early claim on one of the bunks so I don't have people climbing over me all night. And maybe get up extra early so that I can get the shower first.

I guess the point is that I'm going to have fun, not spend a bunch of time in the room. I've been packing for weeks already for two reasons: 1) so that I don't forget anything I know I will need to have with me, and 2) so that I have plenty of time to pack as lightly as I can.

I've really appreciated seeing all of the suggestions of things to pack. I know I'll get laughed at by my family for bringing it (they laugh at me for things like bringing toothbrush and pjs for myself, then get mad that I don't have extras to supply what they forgot! ) but I think that over the door shoe bag is going to be a godsend on this trip.
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Admiral

I believe my sister was just in U221. I just got off the Fantasy yesterday and I know you will be beyond crowded with 5 in one room. The first 5 day cruise we had 2 connecting oceanviews. It was perfect. Then for the 4 day cruise we moved into one inside room. We were cramped with two adults and two children. The problem is the upper berths are on an "H" frame and they are lower than usual and the frame takes up room which makes it nearly impossible to move about at all when the bunks are down and they sit so low the minute the person sits up in the lower bed, they whack their head on the bed above and it is nearly impossible to put the two lower beds together as a King, and see the TV and not hit the supports of the upper beds which go all the way to the floor.

If it were me and I were sailing the Fantasy again, I would booked the two connecting Staterooms. A few connecting doorways were added after the refurb. Also, I would not spend any extra money on a 4C as opposed to a 4A. I would go for the 4A and choose the Riviera deck as it is so quiet and peaceful and book two connecting rooms.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Passenger

Valerie, take an alarm clock that has a fairly bright light so you can see at night to get down your ladder to use the restroom, that way you won't have to turn on any lights. It's also nice to take a solid room freshener that dosen't have to be plugged in, it keeps the room smelling fresh and you can just throw it away at the end of the cruise. I'm sure you probably have already seen these suggestions somewhere, but I noticed you are a begginer. Don't worry about the size of the room, I was so excited on my first cruise I think I only slept 6 hours in three days.
Old February 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnunez
It's also nice to take a solid room freshener that dosen't have to be plugged in, it keeps the room smelling fresh and you can just throw it away at the end of the cruise.
HA HA lol!

Just remember that cool is the word of the day!
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
I believe my sister was just in U221. I just got off the Fantasy yesterday and I know you will be beyond crowded with 5 in one room. The first 5 day cruise we had 2 connecting oceanviews. It was perfect. Then for the 4 day cruise we moved into one inside room. We were cramped with two adults and two children. The problem is the upper berths are on an "H" frame and they are lower than usual and the frame takes up room which makes it nearly impossible to move about at all when the bunks are down and they sit so low the minute the person sits up in the lower bed, they whack their head on the bed above and it is nearly impossible to put the two lower beds together as a King, and see the TV and not hit the supports of the upper beds which go all the way to the floor.

If it were me and I were sailing the Fantasy again, I would booked the two connecting Staterooms. A few connecting doorways were added after the refurb. Also, I would not spend any extra money on a 4C as opposed to a 4A. I would go for the 4A and choose the Riviera deck as it is so quiet and peaceful and book two connecting rooms.
Hey girl!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the second half of the B2B....wish we could have stayed on. I will have to keep those connecting rooms in mind in the future....

BTW< folks....this lady can REALLY SING!!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Hey there!!! Glad to see you made it home safe and sound! You're a pretty good singer yourself! Hope to sail with you again!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just come off the Fantasy in room U229. Don't forget to take a power strip with you as there is only 1 outlet. I forgot mine and really hated having to plug and unplug our stuff. Enjoy your cruise!

Old February 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Familiar Face

I've got an extension cord with 3 outlets ready for packing, plus an over the door shoe bag... Thanks for the heads up!

I have already been made to understand it is "my fault" that we will be crowded into this room. My fault because I didn't want to pay double for a room by myself and decided not to go at that point. (a single sister is a terrible thing to admit you have, I guess. The family shame. <---- joking.)

Then I was asked if I would go if it was only $600 for me, so I said yes, and then found out after it was paid for that we'll all be in the same room, and it's my fault, as well as everyone else's cruise costing an extra $25 because I caused a delay when I said I didn't want to go if I had to pay $1200 for a 5 day cruise. I can't see where the "delay" comes in when I said no, then a day later I'm offered a $600 charge.

I want to go and enjoy myself, but I do not want that blame all pointed at me when someone is unhappy. If I have to make myself scarce at times, and go write in my journal and take pictures, I will. I'm sure I can find some things to do onboard that won't make me feel completely uncomfortable on my own.