Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Default NY Terminal for Dream

DW and I are looking to cruise on the Dream out of New York. Does anybody know what cruise terminal will be used, Manhattan or Brooklyn?

Cruise date... 11/13/09

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Admiral

New York Cruise Terminal in Manhattan

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Thanks Irish!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Passenger

You may want to double check with Carnival (1-800 CARNIVAL) to make sure. I called Carnival today and they said it leaves out of Red Hook (Brooklyn). You don't want to show up at the wrong pier especially on a Friday (11/13/09) for a 5:00 pm departure.

Which airport are you flying into? (Newark, LaGuadia or JFK). The reason I mention this is because arrival times, carriers, and airfares between the three may vary.

Good luck.
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Admiral

A couple I know sailed on the Victory last year on this cruise and they were flown into Newark airport ( Carnival's air) and sailed from Manhattan. They have a great photo of the Statue of Liberty as their ship was passing it.
I'm doing the 7 day on the Triumph in September. I sure hope to see the "Big Apple" I'm afraid that if the ship leaves from Brooklyn that I will not see much of the city...such as the Statue of Liberty.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Passenger

A couple of years ago DW and I did a repositioning cruise back to NYC from San Juan. Our ship was the second to dock at Red Hook, the first being the Queen Mary 2. This may give you some perspective regarding the locations of the cruise terminals.

The Manhattan cruise terminals are located on the Hudson River between 41st and 43rd street (west side) about where the Lincoln Tunnel is and next to the USS Intrepid.

Red Hook, Brooklyn is south of Manhattan (towards the East River)opposite of Governor's Island and directly across from Liberty Island and the Statue of Liberty. For more information you may want to Google "Red Hook Cruise Terminal" and look at the website www:brooklyncruiseguide for additional information and maps.

It's quite a sight to be on the deck of a cruise ship at 4:00 in the morning with hundreds of fellow passangers and be going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

New York, New York, it's a wonderful town... no matter where the ship departs from, I hope you're allowing a day or two before or after to take in the sights. Maybe you should see if you can get Jimmy Fallon tickets....