Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:23 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumrow79
A handle is a half gallon. Name comee from the fact that some actually have a handle on them.

Randy and Heather
Oh how the mind will wander... I was guessing and with my mind in the gutter I didn't get close...
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
Beginner

I've packed rum in my suitcase and never had a problem with it. Heck, when I sailed out of San Juan, there is a duty free shop in the terminal. I bought 4 bottles of Bacardi because it was a GREAT deal. I asked the person at the cash register if i was allowed to bring it on the ship, she said "sure"... and she was right. I just carried it on. I wonder, though... With the bad economy affecting every business... I wonder if they will start enforcing thier rules more. We'll see. I'll let you know in July...
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Familiar Face

Never have had a problem with bringing my wine on board. I wrap in bubble wrap and put a bottle or two in my, hubby's and two kids suitcases. I wander if it'll be a problem since we are going on a 5 day during March/Spring Break out of Galveston?

Past Cruises:
CARNIVAL DREAM, 12-23-10
CARNIVAL GLORY, 07-04-09
CARNIVAL ECSTASY, 03-21-09
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-21-08
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-23-07
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
Admiral

During Spring Break I would stick strictly to the rules just to be on the safe side. They will not be nearly as lax because there will be underage people trying to bring on full suitcases of beer. Damn college binge drinkers. Same goes for Virginia rednecks, and Tennessee ones(I live in Virginia so I know). Even when I was in a frat I never was a binge drinker. Unsightly and ill advised for me medically.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Passenger

sorry for the terminology, only out of college for 2 years but doing my best to fully assimilate into this whole "real world" thing..haha.

Well i appreciate all of the advice, i'll continue to follow this thread, think i have some pretty good ideas.

We are going March 28, is this going to be far enough past spring break?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Would they let you bring Cokes on the ship if the cans were in your carry on or does it have to be in checked bags?

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Plunger
Would they let you bring Cokes on the ship if the cans were in your carry on or does it have to be in checked bags?
The CCL website states that a "small quantity" of soft drinks can be brought on board... I think the only limitation of carry-on would be weight.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to spaceystacie2006

Anyone tried the rum runner flasks?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just off cruise, snuck on a 12 pack of "Coke" and a 12 pack of "Dew" in our luggage. Worked like a charm! Nice to save 70-80 dollars on beer this way!

You can carry 12 packs on the ship in hand, my cousin does it all the time!
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009

Old March 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Passenger

haha, what a great idea....Thanks fireball
Old March 8th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Passenger

we had no problem bringing it on. We stopped off at a liquor store in Key West and had two bottles of water and drank them down and the liquor store attendant was prepared with a pour spout and after we paid for the vodka, he poured it into the two water bottles and we walked on with it in our hands!
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyjayhawk
we had no problem bringing it on. We stopped off at a liquor store in Key West and had two bottles of water and drank them down and the liquor store attendant was prepared with a pour spout and after we paid for the vodka, he poured it into the two water bottles and we walked on with it in our hands!
NOW that's service!
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Beginner

I think I'm going to try to bring some SOJU onboard (it's basically Korean vodka). It allready comes in a plastic water bottle just have to take the label off.
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Passenger

why take the chance to even try, just go and have fun. set extra money back for the drinks and just have fun on the cruise. don't ruin your trip over it. just to take a chance.
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Captain

This topic always comes up and its getting old. Guess I am cranky cuz I have no cruise booked and no time to take one not to mention the money. I need a cruise fix... someone help me please!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Fantastic services. I think we are giong to shoot for a similar plan..I really really like the "12 pack" idea....
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just a note for anyone thinking of sneaking a little onboard. Just pack the bottles in your suitcase. Its really that simple. Unless you just have fun doing the extra work of putting it in water bottles, mouth wash with food coloring and feeling like a spy 8) . We always just pack a bottle or 2 (normally plastic) in each of our suitcases and off we go. And we fly when we cruise, so the airport is no problem. If you are worried about flying with it, just have your cab run you by a store after you land.

And as far as wine goes, there is no need to bubble wrap it and put it in your suitcase. You are allowed to bring 1 or 2 (cant remember) bottles of wine per person on with you, per CCL guidlines. Just put it in your carry on, or carry it in your hand, they dont care.

Good Luck!!

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Beginner

you can take Wine, Port or Champagne in plain site on your carry on .. 2 bottles per person ..
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartisst
Never have had a problem with bringing my wine on board. I wrap in bubble wrap and put a bottle or two in my, hubby's and two kids suitcases. I wander if it'll be a problem since we are going on a 5 day during March/Spring Break out of Galveston?
If you are crusing Carnival again. It won't be an issue. Carnival/Princess allows 1 bottle of wine per person over 21 per stateroom. So for me and my hubby we are allowed two bottles of wine. RCCL/Celebrity doesn't allow this.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Just a word of warning if the security officer was to shake your "water" bottle and check the bubbles he would know. Water bubbles are different then Vodka bubbles. I saw the security officer do this to someone's bottle that was clearly under 21. This young lady was confused, because she had water. But we knew what was up.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
We are going March 28, is this going to be far enough past spring break?
Just an FYI here in SC our HS spring break is April 13-17.. and our local colleges are the next 2 weeks of March.

I think I may try to sneak a bottle of Jack and a bottle of vodka. It shouldn't be a big deal if it's glass... ya think???
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumrow79
Just a note for anyone thinking of sneaking a little onboard. Just pack the bottles in your suitcase. Its really that simple. Unless you just have fun doing the extra work of putting it in water bottles, mouth wash with food coloring and feeling like a spy 8) . We always just pack a bottle or 2 (normally plastic) in each of our suitcases and off we go. And we fly when we cruise, so the airport is no problem. If you are worried about flying with it, just have your cab run you by a store after you land.

And as far as wine goes, there is no need to bubble wrap it and put it in your suitcase. You are allowed to bring 1 or 2 (cant remember) bottles of wine per person on with you, per CCL guidlines. Just put it in your carry on, or carry it in your hand, they dont care.

Good Luck!!

Randy and Heather

We are flying as well so this was def. a concern, i feel substantially better now. Thank you!
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Beginner

People are well addicted towards drugs and are facing trouble to get rid of them. As this is not a possible thing to do. For those drug rehab centers were established and these give treatments top the people who are well addicted towards drugs. As we can provide we those various drug rehab centers.