Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default New Carnival dream Waterslide

This new waterslide called "The Drainpipe," on the Carnival Dream,- set to debut in Europe in September 2009, features a "corkscrew" ending where folks spin around what looks like a giant innertube.

The DrainPipe – which is comprised of a giant funnel attached to an enclosed spiral water slide to providing riders with a thrilling conclusion to their journey – will be a central component to the ship’s sprawling WaterWorks aqua park.

WaterWorks will also feature a four-deck-high, 303-foot-long enclosed corkscrew water slide – the longest in cruising – along with twin dual-lane 80-foot-long racing slides and water spray apparatus such as squirting fountains, splash zones, and dump buckets.

WaterWorks is just one of the many innovations featured on the 3,646-passenger vessel, which will also include a new concept in entertainment called Ocean Plaza, cantilevered whirlpools that extend out over the ship’s beam, and a 23,750-square-foot Cloud 9 Spa – the largest in the “Fun Ship” fleet. A wide range of accommodation categories, including new “cove balcony” staterooms located closer to the water line and deluxe ocean view staterooms with five berths and two bathrooms, will also be featured.

Carnival Dream is scheduled to debut with three 12-day Mediterranean cruises round-trip from Rome (Civitavecchia) Sept. 21 – Oct. 15 followed by a 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Rome (Civitavecchia) to New York Oct. 27 – Nov. 12, 2009. Following two eight-day departures from New York, Carnival Dream will sail on a special nine-day voyage from Port Canaveral before launching year-round seven-day Caribbean service from that port Dec. 5, 2009.
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Cool! Only waterslide I have ever been on was on the Glory in 2007.I lost 100 pounds so I could try it. Now the 'Drainpipe" I can;t wait!!!