Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Bobsled Jamaica and Seven Mile Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Plunger
Going in May on the Carnival Liberty. My kids want to climb the Falls and do the bobsled thing also. Looking to see if anyone has taken the Bobsled tour and get some feedback. It does look fun. Is it just a one time ride or multiple rides involved?
!!
We made the mistake in Ocho Rios, of trying to just explore on our own.
BIG mistake.... Like somebody already said, the locals were beyond ridiculous......

We did talk to a bunch of folks that evening and the people who took the Mystic Mountain/Bobsled tour had the best time....
I know the people who did that tour WITHOUT Dunn's River Falls, did say they rode the Bobsled multiple times.

I think the people who did it, with Dunn's River Falls said they were rushed from one ride, to the next to the falls. So I don't think they had time for multiple rides or pool time at the top of the chair lift.

Hope that helps...
IF we ever go back to Ocho Rios-(which I doubt) we will definitely do Mystic Mountain and the Bobsled ride.

Bill
Sept. 18, 2010 -
Sept. 19, 2009 -
Inspiration - Jan. 10, 2010- Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom - February 8th, 2009 - Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamaica
Glory - September 8th, 2007 - Key West, Cozumel, Progresso, Nassau
Sensation - Freepor-Nassau
Jan. 28th, 2007 -
Sept. 10th, 2006 -
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Admiral

You made me wonder, so I found the bobsled picture. They also so zip line and air tram. However, I'm not sure it's me. I'm kind of afraid of heights. I wonder is the people are beyond Enseneda pushy. In Enseneda you dock in port, but there is a bridge you have to cross. I call that the tourist gauntlet, there are parents and childern attempting to sell you stuff and if money comes out they will follow you down the street.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Passenger

Absolutely book a tour through Carnival for the Dunn's River Falls tour.It is a lot of fun.The locals in Ocho Rios are always in your face for you to buy something.Stay in a group and DO NOT GO ANYPLACE BY YOURSELVES!!! As for Grand Cayman,go to the end of the pier and ask for Alton Woods.He is a great taxi driver and will take good care of you. He is HONEST and will not take advantage of you.He will also agree to pick you up after the beach whenever you want and you can ask him for suggestions on where to go for shopping.He is very knowledgeable.Mr. woods has always been my man in Grand Cayman!Have fun,relax.YOU'RE ON VACATION!!!!
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default What's the big deal

We did our own thing at Ocho Rios and didn't have any problems. We got a taxi to our destination and the same driver picked us up. We told him we wanted to do some shopping and he took us to an out of the way place where we got some great deals.

The folks we dealt with were real nice and would do my own thing again in a heartbeat.

BTW....We went to a Couples resort while there and had a wonderful time on a beach with no children, only couples. It is all-inclusive and the drinks and food were wonderful all for $50 each for a day pass and $20 each for cab fare round trip.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009