Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Beginner

Default Transfering bookings to a TA?

I've booked with Carnival directly. I've heard you can transfer a booking to a TA anytime before final payment. I usually book with Carnival because I keep tract of the prices daily and really like to have control. Is there any advantage of transfering to a local TA? Can this be done if the prices have gone up since I booked? Will all of my reservations then be automatically transferred over to the TA or just th one I choose?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Admiral

You can transfer the reservation to the TA and all fares and fees stay the same, regardless of current bookings are doing.

The advantage is that you have someone NOT working for Carnival in your corner, to go to bat for you, if there is a problem. The one draw-back is that the TA will need to be the one to contact Carnival for you, if you wan to make any changes to the reservation.

Usually, a TA will be able to offer you an OBC, or some sort of 'thank you' for transferring the reservation. I usually use a TA and have never regretted it.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
You can transfer the reservation to the TA and all fares and fees stay the same, regardless of current bookings are doing.

The advantage is that you have someone NOT working for Carnival in your corner, to go to bat for you, if there is a problem. The one draw-back is that the TA will need to be the one to contact Carnival for you, if you wan to make any changes to the reservation.

Usually, a TA will be able to offer you an OBC, or some sort of 'thank you' for transferring the reservation. I usually use a TA and have never regretted it.
You answered the question better than I could.
I recently did just that, transferring 2 bookings to my TA. My reasoning was the professional assistance. Plus in these questionable economic times, I'm an advocate for small business.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Admiral

I also just transferred by booking from Carnival to a local TA. I did it because I wasn't happy with my carnival rep.

My TA has been great, called me about price changes and I was able to save money by changing my booking to what I had wanted in the first place which was a November cruise from a cruise inOctober.

I'm glad I made the change to her.

Need some cruise help?
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Passenger

So how do you change your reservations to a local TA?
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Admiral

If you have a good grasp on the cruise industry and have a good relationship with your personal vacation planner, would it be worth transferring to a local travel agent or handling the rest of the details on your own?
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Admiral

When I transferred I called the TA I wanted to transfer to and gave her our booking number, my cruise info & my past guest number. She called Carnival and told them I was transferring the booking to her. They (Carnival) called me to confirm that I was transferring. That's all it took. I have since been able to save money by rebooking another date, one I really wanted to begin with but was more expensive at the time. I was not happy with my PVP, that's why I transferred.

Need some cruise help?
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Admiral

Good news. Carnival has no objections to transfering a booking to travel agents. Everybody gets paid just the same. The Carnival vacation planner still gets credit ( commission ) and the local TA gets credit/benefits also.
win-win situation !

/ticker.png">
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Very easy to do, just give a travel agent your booking information and pin number with Carnival and they can handle it for you. I recommend a CLIA certified cruise counsellor(ACC, MCC, ECC, or ECCS certifications) as these agents are specifically trained for cruises and have personal experience.