Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transportation from Fort Lauderdale to port of Miami

I just booked a cruise for my pastor and his wife. They leave on the 9th for a 4 day cruise out of Miami on the Imagination. It's cheaper flying in from Atlantic City to Fort Lauderdale. Can anybody tell me how far is it from Fort Lauderdale to the port in Miami and how much the cost is?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Back in June my wife and I used Go transporation from Fort Lauderdale airport to the port of Miami. The fare was $18. /p (plus tip) and worked quite well. After we securing our luggage we walked outside the doors and found the representative. We only waited about 10 minutes for the shared van and the ride took about 45 minutes to the port. It was much quicker (and less expensive) then waiting for the Carnival transfer. However, we did user Carnival's transfer back to the airport post cruise.

Have a pleasant trip.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

We did a bit of the reverse. We rented a car from Hertz in Miami on the last day of our cruise. They picked us up, we got the car and drove to FLL airport to turn in the car. $42.00 and that was all to have the freedom to drive on our own and it WAS worth it. We pit stopped at a lot of the beaches on the drive back up.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

The cost of the Carnival transfer from the port to FLL was $30/person in December when I last used it. You can purchase it onboard at the Purser's Desk and it will be billed to your Sail & Sign.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Captain

Wow....how did you get such a good deal CruiseNOID....I just looked online and the economy car is $175 for the day for when we get back on April 4th......
I would love to rent a car for the day rather than spend 8-10 hours at the airport in Fort Lauderdale. But that is $100 more than the shuttle for the 3 of us.