Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Comfort Suites - Nassau

I just got on the Comfort Suites Nassau web site and found that I could book a room for 5 on the date that I will be docked for $294.70. This comes to $58.94 per person.

The room rate includes access to Atlantis including Aquaventure. This amount is significantly less than the shore excursion to Atlantis that Carnival would like to sell me.

Has anyone done this and if so what was your experience?

Am I missing something?????????

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is almost like a secret..I have not done it, and was not sure they gave day rates anymore.....I do know people who did it years ago, and had a ball!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Admiral

We did it, the only advice I'd offer is to get off the ship as soon as it docks so you can make the most of your day at Atlantis. It is huge!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
We did it, the only advice I'd offer is to get off the ship as soon as it docks so you can make the most of your day at Atlantis. It is huge!
Thanks Beenie!

Did you book your room ahead of time? Also, this is not a day rate that I found but is actually a nights stay which is really the same thing except we will not be staying the night. I would think that they are happy as long as they get their money. Did you actually use the room as a spot to rest or freshen up?

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009

Old March 18th, 2009, 06:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Comfort Suites - Nassau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus
I just got on the Comfort Suites Nassau web site and found that I could book a room for 5 on the date that I will be docked for $294.70. This comes to $58.94 per person. :D

The room rate includes access to Atlantis including Aquaventure. This amount is significantly less than the shore excursion to Atlantis that Carnival would like to sell me.

Has anyone done this and if so what was your experience?

Am I missing something????????? :-?
One thing to remember is that even if you book 5 to a room ONLY 4 PASSES will be issued per room... You would need 2 rooms for 5 passes or have one person either buy the ship excursion or hope a day pass is available at the front desk of Atlantis ($105pp but it is capacity controlled and are hard to get during spring break) PLUS each person is charged a resort fee...
from website:

Children 12-15 years of age are charged a $4 per night housekeeping gratuity. Person 16 years and older are charged as adults. Third or fourth adult in room are charged $40 per night plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy surcharge: $14 per adult per night. Housekeeping gratuities: $4.50 per adult per night. These are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel.

This can add up quickly... 3/4 adult will be paying an additional $59.50 plus taxes... 1/2 will be paying an additional $19.50... all paid when you check in directly to the hotel.

On CC there are many threads about using CS... you don't need to wait for the room.. just "check in" and "check out" if you want to. Never even see the room.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Did you book your room ahead of time? Also, this is not a day rate that I found but is actually a nights stay which is really the same thing except we will not be staying the night. I would think that they are happy as long as they get their money. Did you actually use the room as a spot to rest or freshen up?
I booked it in advance on their website. I think it was about $200. As I recall, we left some stuff in the room while we went to Atlantis, so we wouldn't have to carry it around with us. But never really used the room.

Read and post cruise reviews