Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default EARLY SAVER PROGRAM; GREAT NEWS! updated

EDITED TO ADD:

I spoke with a Carnival PVP (Susan) this am; on the "full non-refundable deposit" this is how it works:

if you book the early saver, you must deposit the required deposit depending on the lenght of your cruise i.e. 7 days $250.00

if you have to cancel and can't select another cruise right away, you lose $50.00 of the deposit per person and the remainder is a "future credit" which must be used within one year & it has to be in the booked passenger's name (it doesn't matter who pays it, but it has to be in the passenger that was initially booked); however, if you are staying on the same initially booked cruise and need to change the passenger, that is still only $50.00

if Carnival pulls a cruise for ANY reason, you can get a full refund; no penalties at any time.

Listed below is the Early Saver Faqs from Carnival. I understand the credit portion but I have a question about the non-refundable deposit.
The faqs state that the early saver requires a full non-refundable deposit?? First, does the entire cost of the cruise have to be paid or just the deposit (full & deposit shouldn't been in the same sentence ) Second do you lose it all if you can't go; (It doesn't seem like anyone would use Early Saver if the entire cost of the cruise is not refundable; it does say you can make changes for $50.00)
Third, will travel insurance cover the new early saver program.

What is Early Saver?

Early Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing. You now have even more great reasons to book early! Not only will you have the best availability of staterooms, dates, and destinations…you’re assured the lowest rate.
• How early must I make my reservation?
Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

• How do I make an Early Saver reservation?
Contact your Travel Agent, your Personal Vacation Planner, call 1-800- Carnival or visit www.Carnival.com.
• Does Early Saver follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?
The deposit and payment terms are the same. However, Early Saver reservations require a full non-refundable deposit per person.
• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?
Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.
• What is the price protection assurance feature?
If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.
• What is a Carnival advertised fare?
A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.
• What should I do once I find a lower rate?
Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.
• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?
• Guest(s) name
• Sailing information
• Available cruise fare being requested
• Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)
• When can I submit a price protection request?
Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

• How many times can I submit a price protection request?
Provided that you are eligible for the lower fare, there are no restrictions to the number of price protection requests or the requested amount.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Familiar Face

Hi there,

I can't answer all your questions, but I have spoken to my TA about some og the same things you have questions about and was told this. The full non-refundable deposit is the deposit that Carnival has listed in the brochures depending on the length of your cruise. 3 day $100.00 per person, 5 day $200.00 per person, 7 day 250.00 per person and so on. This is the required deposit by Carnival. This is not the deposit requested by TA's. As far as the insurance question, I guess that only could be answered by the terms of the policy. Ricky

Old March 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Admiral

PS: Forgot to add; the Carnival PVP indicated that at this time she knew of no promotions/sales that would apply to winter sailings; they are pushing the summer sales only ---
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i got early saver pricing for my July Freedom cruise and we got an absolutely killer deal. i'm not crazy about not being able to get a full refund, but the prices are great!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old March 21st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Admiral

I jumped on that early bird special for next spring. It was about
$ 100 per day single occupancy on the brand new Splendor. And get this, the price could go down. 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
$ 100 per day single occupancy on the brand new Splendor. And get this, the price could go down. 8)
yes it could; great deal!

Jessica; the summer deals are awesome right now; nothing comparable for the winter sailings; Yet!
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
Quote:

Jessica; the summer deals are awesome right now; nothing comparable for the winter sailings; Yet!
I 2nd that the summer deals are crazy....

Question what happens if you book and the rate goes down what is Carnival doing these days? And is there a difference if it is before final payment and after?

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We just saw that the price for the 1st and 2nd person price for our V11 suite went down for the second time. The third person in our cabin price also went down from $469 from $500.

Our balance went down from owing $2458.00 to $1986.00.

We are very happy with that and are dividing the balance by the three of us staying in the Cat 11 suite.

I am keeping an eye out on the prices just in case they go down again. We searched all over on the internet and we looked at the prices then we filled out the form on their web site.

If you find something cheaper you simply fax it or mail it in.

They are excellent with following up. I was told they have a whole dept doing just that only discounts. Early saver is very well run kudos to Carnival on offering fun saver & early saver!

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:
Quote:

Question what happens if you book and the rate goes down what is Carnival doing these days? And is there a difference if it is before final payment and after?
CQ: you can submit the forms for the credit 2 days before sailing; so I would guess even if price goes down before or AFTER final payment; you have 2 days before sailing to get the form submitted and there is NO LIMIT to the number of forms you submit

I agree with RO; at first I was leary of the new program, but it is very reasonable for both Carnival and the passenger; just as long as the passenger does the refund form - which keep in mind; is onboard credit, not actual cash.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

CQ: you can submit the forms for the credit 2 days before sailing; so I would guess even if price goes down before or AFTER final payment; you have 2 days before sailing to get the form submitted and there is NO LIMIT to the number of forms you submit

I agree with RO; at first I was leary of the new program, but it is very reasonable for both Carnival and the passenger; just as long as the passenger does the refund form - which keep in mind; is onboard credit, not actual cash.
OK BJ got it! So the cut off is 2 days before sailing. I guess this form would be taken care of by the TA?

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK BJ got it! So the cut off is 2 days before sailing. I guess this form would be taken care of by the TA?

I would discuss this with your a TA; a worthy TA would be on this for sure.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Ok BJ thanks for the info....

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Admiral

We got both discounts we received in the form of our cruise balance price going down for our cabin.

One person in our group booked in another suite had already paid in full so they gave it to her in the form of on board credit and her cabinmate who did not pay her balance yet got her balance price lowered both times.

Our balance is not due until April 30 so there is plenty of time to find another discount somewhere if offered.

You do not have to search Carnival only.
You can search the web or wherever else you may find the lower price.
I am told if you are not paid in full you receive the discount off the balance you owe & if you paid in full you get an on board credit.

Either way is OK in my book and you can do a form as many times as you find a lower price.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Forgot to say there are three promotions going on Fun Saver, Early Saver and get money on board credit saver.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Familiar Face

Wow, I leave next Sunday. Where do I get the form. I booked through a Carnival PVP and I found it cheaper on Vacations- to- go today. So how do I get a form???? Big difference, about $150pp.

Thanks for the information. I hope I am not too late.
Nancyb

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Elation 2014
Magic 2014
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Go on Carnival.com and read the rules of the early saver and see if they apply to the way your cruise is booked. You have to be signed up on the early saver promotion. The forms are located on the web site. A Carnival rep should be able to help you understand this early saver promotion better I think. A quick call to Carnival on their 800 number will educate you to the promotion. We were on a regular booking and just changed it a few months ago when they started the early saver. There are alot of rules though so watch it. It is worth it though to get a lower price. I posted the early saver rules here on a different post for all to read when it first came out. But it is all on the web site.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Admiral

here is the faq's to the early saver; call your 1-800-Carnival ASAP;

What is Early Saver?

Early Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing. You now have even more great reasons to book early! Not only will you have the best availability of staterooms, dates, and destinations…you’re assured the lowest rate.
• How early must I make my reservation?
Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

• How do I make an Early Saver reservation?
Contact your Travel Agent, your Personal Vacation Planner, call 1-800- Carnival or visit www.Carnival.com.
• Does Early Saver follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?
The deposit and payment terms are the same. However, Early Saver reservations require a full non-refundable deposit per person.
• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?
Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.
• What is the price protection assurance feature?
If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.
• What is a Carnival advertised fare?
A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.
• What should I do once I find a lower rate?
Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.
• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?
• Guest(s) name
• Sailing information
• Available cruise fare being requested
• Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)
• When can I submit a price protection request?
Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

• How many times can I submit a price protection request?
Provided that you are eligible for the lower fare, there are no restrictions to the number of price protection requests or the requested amount.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Captain

Just a head's up regarding the early saver program so that things are really clear. I received this from a Carnival Supervisor in the Research Department:

"Please note that if you change a guest on the sailing, the entire deposit of $250 will be forfeited. Changes to birthdates and personal information are not permitted and will result in forfeiture of the deposit of $250....Should you wish to change sailing dates, the charge is $50 per person and the passengers originally booked must sail on the new date together in the same cabin."

The letter goes on to further explain much of what has already been listed here. The program doesn't work for us this year because we have a baby on the way that does not yet have a name or an exact birthdate and there are no exceptions, but we'll look into again next time.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Admiral

I am under the early saver fare for my October cruise and just put in my first claim form(which my idiot travel agent refuses to do) for a minor $30 price drop. I didn't mind the nonrefundable deposit since it cemented my plans and gave me the opportunity to earn onboard credit, which means less I have to worry about. I am still waiting to see if they are going to grant it but since it was on Carnival's website, I assume they would consider that a Carnival advertised fare(the price dropped from $568.50 to $538.50 for a single occupancy Category 1A........$30 is $30 though).
Old March 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
I am under the early saver fare for my October cruise and just put in my first claim form(which my idiot travel agent refuses to do) for a minor $30 price drop. I didn't mind the nonrefundable deposit since it cemented my plans and gave me the opportunity to earn onboard credit, which means less I have to worry about. I am still waiting to see if they are going to grant it but since it was on Carnival's website, I assume they would consider that a Carnival advertised fare(the price dropped from $568.50 to $538.50 for a single occupancy Category 1A........$30 is $30 though).
there you go! I do believe that once we book, the TA's will not watch this for us and we will have to do this ourselves; not hard for most people but those persons who are not on the computer etc may lose onboard credits.... again, a TA worth their weight would be checking this.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Unfortunately I am not in business as a travel agent yet or I would be handling it all myself(which I am pretty much doing anyway) and making the commission. I will not pull this on any future clients I will have though, since that just loses a travel agent his or her clients.
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Admiral

We just booked that way today

Liberty...Eastern Caribbean
May1, 2010.

The price is fantantic.

We have a balcony cabin on the UPPER 6450
Has anyone else had this cabin or one like it?

We are so excited AGAIN..

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old March 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Admiral

I wish I could have booked a balcony or suite but the cost was too prohibitive for me, especially since I would have had to pay 200% of the double occupancy rate.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Passenger

We booked our Valor cruise with the Early Saver last month, and the price has dropped twice since we booked. I've filled the form out both times, and have received a reduction in the remaining balance both times (and have been emailed about it within 24 to 48 hours). Since we'd originally booked a category 5a room for the rate a catergory 6a is now going for, we've since decided to upgrade to the better room (we decided we'd rather be aft instead of forward). I did email my PVP to find out what happens if the rates drop further, now that we've changed categories...but regardless of the answer, we're still pretty darn happy with how quickly Carnival is taking care of the Early Saver forms. So much so that we'll probably book that way again in the future (hopefully for the new Alaska cruises out of Seattle next year!).

Past cruises:
Carnival Triumph Sept 2008 - Eastern Caribbean
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Can I ask how you found that fare- I am seeing the cheapest single rate as 200% for that sailing...?
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Beginner

My travel agent would not offer me the early saver price. The lowest price she would give me was the funsaver price, which was over 100 more pp, so we decided to just book it ourselves. If you do find a lower price on another site you need to make sure it is for the same category. We had looked into booking through a discount cruise site which was advertising our 7 day october conquest for 399, this was before early saver came out. We called and found out that price was only for a 1A which is two bunks. We decided against it.
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat
i got early saver pricing for my July Freedom cruise and we got an absolutely killer deal. i'm not crazy about not being able to get a full refund, but the prices are great!
Hey CutieCat I believe we are on the same boat, may I ask what a killer deal is, this is our first cruise so we dont have anything to compare it too, also have you found a good deal on air yet? it seems high to me but it depends on where you are flying from I guess.