Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:03 PM
Beginner

Default Fascination: Sushi Bar Quality/Onboard Drink Prices/

Ahoy all!
Just curious about the ins and outs that's all. We are booked on Fascination out of JAX end of May, have a Verandah room with a balconey.

#1. I saw they have a sushi bar. Is it a full blown sushi bar with full selections ( Yellowtail tuna, sea urchin, quail eggs, Octopus,shrimp ect) or sort of a downgraded/limited variety like you see at the local supermarket?
I would love nothing better than to sit down with a hot bottle of Sake and enjoy some great sushi.

#2. Booze. I've read this site extensively about it and I'm STILL confused! lol I know about the 1 bottle p/person bring aboard and stuff.
Is is better to buy the drink specials..I saw for something like $23 for 5 drinks...Drink-o-the day thing.

How do you know how much drinks are going to cost? Do they have a menu when order at the bar? Or are tey hoping you'll just not worry about it until checkout time?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Beginner

Hi! just returned from a cruise on the Fascination.
Sushi bar - my daughter and her 2 friends all love sushi...the sushi bar was open 5 - 8:15 every night except "Elegant Night" (although the Carnival Capers showed it as open that night, too). They offered 3 rolls, and one was tofu (vegetarian, I guess). I know they had smoked salmon a couple of nights. They were generous, and gave me a plate full to take down to the girls to nibble on while they dressed for their nights out.

The bars do have a menu, and add 15% gratuity to all drink charges. I didn't buy a drink card. I brought 2 bottles of wine on board, and that got me through cocktail hour every night (along with the margaritas on the beach in Nassau). The one night I had wine with dinner, it was $7.50 plus 15% for their best cabernet - Meridian, I think it was. They also had drink specials during the day. I had a margarita one night, but it was not very good.

I think you save a little with the cards, but I didn't buy one, because I prefer to pick my own wines, and don't drink a lot of liquor or beer. What's best for you will depend on what you want to drink.

I thought the service level from everyone on the ship was great - enjoy your cruise!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Also, the susho bar menu changes every day.
Marty
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Admiral

I meant sushi! And I don't even drink tequila!
Marty