Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Is the Carribean worth $800 more over a Mexican Riveria cruise?
No, save the money for a shore excursion. 9 37.50%
Yes, the Carribean is worth the extra money. 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by dld
Be careful going with the Fredom. the reviews on Cruisecritic (I believe as it has been about 3 months) were awful. We had it booked and then I read the reviews and changed to the Valor which had much better review[/img]
The Freedom is a plus for the 6 day cruise, I have already been on the Freedom. I love that ship. The fish and chips, the over the top design, the adult only pool, and the wonderful dining staff. We had wonderful dining partners at my table they were fun and fearless, also quite a bit older than my hubby and me. I hope to be like them when I get older.We had a great time, it was a 14 day Transatlantic cruise that's why I'm broke now.

I had read the negative reviews about the ship and that did concern me before I cruised. So I understand your worries. I started to write a review of the Freedom after my cruise, but I never finished it. Now I think it's to late to post it I finished the cruise May 10, 2008.
Speaking of Fish and Chips.... can anyone tell me if the Splendor has fish and chips?? please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.... [/quote]
I checked the deck plans and I didn't see a fish and chips on Splendor. Maybe they missed it. On the Freedom it's on deck 10.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dld
Be careful going with the Fredom. the reviews on Cruisecritic (I believe as it has been about 3 months) were awful. We had it booked and then I read the reviews and changed to the Valor which had much better review[/img]
The Freedom is a plus for the 6 day cruise, I have already been on the Freedom. I love that ship. The fish and chips, the over the top design, the adult only pool, and the wonderful dining staff. We had wonderful dining partners at my table they were fun and fearless, also quite a bit older than my hubby and me. I hope to be like them when I get older.We had a great time, it was a 14 day Transatlantic cruise that's why I'm broke now.

I had read the negative reviews about the ship and that did concern me before I cruised. So I understand your worries. I started to write a review of the Freedom after my cruise, but I never finished it. Now I think it's to late to post it I finished the cruise May 10, 2008.
Speaking of Fish and Chips.... can anyone tell me if the Splendor has fish and chips?? please say yes, please say yes, please say yes....
I checked the deck plans and I didn't see a fish and chips on Splendor. Maybe they missed it. On the Freedom it's on deck 10.[/quote]

I just threw that question back out there to "tennisbum" who just spent 49 day on the Splendor, if anyone would know I suppose they would.

They just posted on the "Splendor" topic.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009