Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Beginner

Default 1st time Cruiser/Carnival Inspiration

We (DH, myself and 4 yr old DD) are cruising on the Inspiration in a couple of weeks. This is our first cruise. We have Rm M139. Is this a good location? Other than the Chocolate Molten Cake does anyone have any recommendations/tips for a 1st time cruiser on this ship?

I'm curious about the Carnival Kids camp. Call me crazy but I am a bit nervous about leaving my dd on a huge ship in the middle of the ocean!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Hello Meredith:
I can tell you without hesitation that you are going to have a GREAT time aboard "Inspiration". She's one of our favorite ships, and cruises.
I think I cal also advise you that you shouldn't worry about your child with "Camp Carnival". They take very good care of the kids, and I've never heard anything but good comments about the program. We have a family reunion cruise once a year or so, and the folks who come along with young children always give glowing comments about the care given, and all the fun their kids have at Camp Carnival.
As far as other suggestions, I can't really tell you much, except that you should go aboard with nothing but positive attitude, After you board, the only decisions you must make is: HMMM,,,Steak or Lobster??? Actually, you don't even have to make that decision,,,as you can have both. 8)
Your cabin looks Excellent to me. Mid ship, near the elevators and stairs, but not so close it'll be noisy. Great selection IMO. While your child is at Camp Carnival, be sure to check out the Adults Only "Serenity" area at the very back of the ship, one deck under the Buffet area. VERY NICE.

Ken
"SKY"

Like you said,,,don't miss the chocolate melting cake. (sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Passenger

Default Been on this ship 3 times..

Been on this ship 3 times,, ship has been totally remodeled.. as far as camp carnival , children are heavily supervised and cared for.. No problem leaving children with them.. where are you cruising to?? your stateroom is in a good location.. some video of the inspiration ,
***edited to remove commercial link***
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Passenger

My husband and I are also going on the Inspiration for our first cruise! Are you leaving on the 25th? Being a first time cruiser...all this information is wonderful