Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default Imagination to Key West/Cozumel - a few questions

I have only cruised once on a large cruise ship (Sensation 2007 out of Port Canaveral to Freeport (ugh!) and Nassau (ugh, but not as bad as Freeport) and have a few questions specific to Imagination and the Miami port:

1. I don't suppose there's wireless internet capability in E189 - an 'inner-inner' cabin. I want to bring my laptop. What public areas have wi-fi?

2. What night is formal night? This itinerary sails on Monday, is in Key West on Tuesday and Cozumel on Wednesday. Tuesday night, perhaps?

3. What are the extra costs for the "restaurants" as I may eat out of the dining room for one or two nights?

4. Do they have large covered styrofoam cups at the cafe as I don't want to have to bring a largte commuter mug. I travel only with one carry-on, no checked luggage.

5. Who has done the South Beach art deco excursion upon debarking in Miami, and what time do you recommend getting your flight back home out of FLL? I was going to book a flight around 1:00 or 2:00 but is that pushing it?

6. Does anyone have a recent copy of all of the Capers for this itinerary and if so, would you pklease fax them to me at : 510-288-1622. Thanks! Or, photocopy and mail them to me at: M. True, P.O. Box 7387, Buffalo Grove, Il 60089-7387. I will gladly reimburse you photocopy and mailing costs.

7. I'll be flying in on Sat. and staying with my mom Sat and Sun nights, and she will drive me to the port on Monday. We'd like to do lunch near the port before she drops me off. Is there a really good seafood restaurant open for lunch near the port - Joe's Crab Shack, Red Lobster, anything like that? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

8. Are there Internet Cafes (or libraries) near the port in both Key West and Cozumel? If so, please name them and their costs. I'm considering NOT taking my laptop and just emailing and sending a few photos from the ports, to save money.

I guess that's all the questions I have for now.

Appreciate any answers I can get or links toi websites with the answers.

Thanks again!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Imagination to Key West/Cozumel - a few questions

I don't have all your answers, but just some.

First the Imagination is very similar to the Sensation but upgraded; one of my fav ships...
Imagination does not have the Supper Club; I double checked the deck plans to make sure they didn't add one since I have been on it.
As I recall, the Key West is the formal night
The rooms didn't have Wi-fi the last time I was on it and I don't believe they upgraded the ship for cabin wi-fi
the public areas that have wi-fi was on the Empress deck; near the Grand Atrium
No they do not have large styrofoam cups; purchase a large mug or get one from your mom, so you don't have to pack it in your carry on. they serve coffee in small cups; also the lemonade/ice tea cups are very small

re: Capers mine are no longer current

re: flights: I think latest in the day is best, but would recommend next day
near the port there is a place called the Bayfront; there is lots of restaurants; a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co is there; great

re: I don't have any idea about wi-fi places in Key West and Cozumel, but I would imagine they have them near the ports for the cruise crew members to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
I have only cruised once on a large cruise ship (Sensation 2007 out of Port Canaveral to Freeport (ugh!) and Nassau (ugh, but not as bad as Freeport) and have a few questions specific to Imagination and the Miami port:

1. I don't suppose there's wireless internet capability in E189 - an 'inner-inner' cabin. I want to bring my laptop. What public areas have wi-fi?

2. What night is formal night? This itinerary sails on Monday, is in Key West on Tuesday and Cozumel on Wednesday. Tuesday night, perhaps?

3. What are the extra costs for the "restaurants" as I may eat out of the dining room for one or two nights?

4. Do they have large covered styrofoam cups at the cafe as I don't want to have to bring a largte commuter mug. I travel only with one carry-on, no checked luggage.

5. Who has done the South Beach art deco excursion upon debarking in Miami, and what time do you recommend getting your flight back home out of FLL? I was going to book a flight around 1:00 or 2:00 but is that pushing it?

6. Does anyone have a recent copy of all of the Capers for this itinerary and if so, would you pklease fax them to me at : 510-288-1622. Thanks! Or, photocopy and mail them to me at: M. True, P.O. Box 7387, Buffalo Grove, Il 60089-7387. I will gladly reimburse you photocopy and mailing costs.

7. I'll be flying in on Sat. and staying with my mom Sat and Sun nights, and she will drive me to the port on Monday. We'd like to do lunch near the port before she drops me off. Is there a really good seafood restaurant open for lunch near the port - Joe's Crab Shack, Red Lobster, anything like that? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

8. Are there Internet Cafes (or libraries) near the port in both Key West and Cozumel? If so, please name them and their costs. I'm considering NOT taking my laptop and just emailing and sending a few photos from the ports, to save money.

I guess that's all the questions I have for now.

Appreciate any answers I can get or links toi websites with the answers.

Thanks again!

Michelle
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Admiral

thanks, I appreciate your answers!
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
First Mate

I did the same itinerary out of Miami on the Fascination last year and can help with some of the questions.

1. There is a hefty fee for internet access, even if you bring your own laptop. The Imagination has ship wide Wi-Fi now but the internet access charges are .40 to .75 cents per minute depending on if you pre-purchase time plus a $3.95 activation fee.

2. The formal night was Tuesday on our trip. No past guest party for the short cruise.

3. N/A

4. We took the South Beach tour in the past and was at the FLL airport by noon. Had plenty of time for a 3:00pm flight. Too much time if you ask my wife. If was an interesting tour and time was allowed to explore and eat in the South Beach area while all your luggage is safely locked on the bus.

5. N/A

6. I agree with the previous poster about Bubba Gumps. Try the crayfish Etouffee.

7. I remember seeing signs for internet access in Cozumel in the shops along the ocean front shopping area but don’t remember exactly where or how much they charged.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination