I have only cruised once on a large cruise ship (Sensation 2007 out of Port Canaveral to Freeport (ugh!) and Nassau (ugh, but not as bad as Freeport) and have a few questions specific to Imagination and the Miami port:
1. I don't suppose there's wireless internet capability in E189 - an 'inner-inner' cabin. I want to bring my laptop. What public areas have wi-fi?
2. What night is formal night? This itinerary sails on Monday, is in Key West on Tuesday and Cozumel on Wednesday. Tuesday night, perhaps?
3. What are the extra costs for the "restaurants" as I may eat out of the dining room for one or two nights?
4. Do they have large covered styrofoam cups at the cafe as I don't want to have to bring a largte commuter mug. I travel only with one carry-on, no checked luggage.
5. Who has done the South Beach art deco excursion upon debarking in Miami, and what time do you recommend getting your flight back home out of FLL? I was going to book a flight around 1:00 or 2:00 but is that pushing it?
6. Does anyone have a recent copy of all of the Capers for this itinerary and if so, would you pklease fax them to me at : 510-288-1622. Thanks! Or, photocopy and mail them to me at: M. True, P.O. Box 7387, Buffalo Grove, Il 60089-7387. I will gladly reimburse you photocopy and mailing costs.
7. I'll be flying in on Sat. and staying with my mom Sat and Sun nights, and she will drive me to the port on Monday. We'd like to do lunch near the port before she drops me off. Is there a really good seafood restaurant open for lunch near the port - Joe's Crab Shack, Red Lobster, anything like that? I'd appreciate any recommendations.
8. Are there Internet Cafes (or libraries) near the port in both Key West and Cozumel? If so, please name them and their costs. I'm considering NOT taking my laptop and just emailing and sending a few photos from the ports, to save money.
I guess that's all the questions I have for now.
Appreciate any answers I can get or links toi websites with the answers.