CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   OH MY GOODNESS (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/363236-oh-my-goodness.html)

sparks23 April 6th, 2009 10:45 PM

OH MY GOODNESS

Got our passport cards today...they misspelled my husbands middle name...now what?!

we cruise in 27 days
we waited 6 weeks to get the cards
if we want to expedite the process of getting it fixed we have to pay $60 BUT ITS NOT OUR FAULT!

i dont know what to do.....help :(

rsumrow79 April 6th, 2009 11:26 PM

First of all, take a deep breath, it will be alright 8) . We had the same thing happen for our honeymoon, only Heather's came back mispelled a week out. First of all, if its close they normally wont even notice or at least they wont say anything. Contact your TA if you have one. If not call the state department first thing tomorrow. Let them know what has happened. With us they had us an ammendment in a few days., but no one ever looked at it. They should be able to help you, with a few long waits on hold :x . But none the less they will be able to help you. Enjoy your trip, and please let us know if you have any more problems.

Randy and Heather

Manuel April 7th, 2009 12:46 AM

Relax, you will be OK

They can get you anammendment very quickly.

TM

misguidedangel April 7th, 2009 08:55 PM

My name on my BC is my name, but it's always been spelled with one less letter. My passport has it with one less letter in my first name and it is never challenged....

sparks23 April 8th, 2009 07:46 AM

i called and talked to the state dept/passport people, they basically said if i want it fixed BEFORE my cruise its going to cost me quite a bit of money for the overnighting and blah blah...but they cannot GUARANTEE that it will be back before my cruise, in which i would be SOL because they would have not only his pass port although mispelled but also his birth cert. AGAIN. but then i talked to a lady at customer service from CARNIVAL and she started off by saying, "relax, you are cruising in 27 days and it is going to be an awesome vacation" i took a deep breath and she followed up by saying, "by the way, your husbands middle name isnt on the reservation, nobody would be questioning it" she was so pleasant and awesome! i felt better after talking with her, GOOO CARNIVAL there is a reason i came back to this company.

i just hope that customs doesnt question it when we are trying to embarck but...im not going to worry because im cruising in 26 days!

Pocono Pug April 8th, 2009 01:01 PM

Relax and enjoy your cruise. They wont even look at his middle name. Inspiration is an awesome ship

Mike M April 8th, 2009 01:30 PM

I just checked on my two Carnival reservations and there is no middle name on either one of them.

Check your reservation, online at Carnival.com, and see if your husband's middle name is on the reservation. If it isn't there you are fine. You can get it changed after you get back.

Take care,
Mike

Thoth April 8th, 2009 10:05 PM

We all worry about these things don't we? :(
Last year my passport was damaged a little bit and I got all concerned. On this site some told me "when in doubt get a new one" ...so I took their advice and showed it to the post office passport guy. He said "No...you don't need one". I didn't take his word for it and then called the passport number and was told " you should be fine" and given another number to call if any problems arise. Not taking their word for it I returned to the post office and ask another window clerk for a new one anyway...."just to be on the safe side" . He said "NO...you don't a replacement"
Even my Mom got angry with me worrying. :x
It's all apart of cruise anxiety. LOL

CA Cruiser April 9th, 2009 08:39 AM

In January we checked in for our HAL cruise. While handing the lady at the counter I told her our last name and the cabin number then asked if there was any chance of an upgrade. She laughed and said no it was a full ship. She checked us in and we went to the waiting room. After getting settled with drinks and cookies, I opened the envelope to look at our tickets for our dinner assignment. I noticed after my husband's first name the last name were some weird letters (foreign name) then I looked at mine and it had a totally different name with the same letters. The lady gave us SOMEONE elses cabin keys. DH took them back to straighten it out. He came back smiling! We HAD been upgraded...to a Suite! She never looked at our passports when she checked us in! Good luck!

cabokalz April 9th, 2009 09:27 AM

Although we cruise in 10 days, passports aren't mandatory until June this year. All we need is birth cert and driver license. You should be fine as ong as you have those documents.

sparks23 April 9th, 2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabokalz
Although we cruise in 10 days, passports aren't mandatory until June this year. All we need is birth cert and driver license. You should be fine as ong as you have those documents.

still waiting on birth certificates back from applying for pass ports....eek

mehawk April 9th, 2009 07:34 PM

I work in the passport office in Houston. The birth certificates should have been delivered the same day as the passports just under a separate cover. When they arrive, go to the nearest passport office, not the post office, and show it to the will call clerk. They should make the change within a couple of hours and it will cost nothing to you but the drive. Go early in the morning though!!

mehawk April 9th, 2009 07:35 PM

I forgot... have your receipt also.

sparks23 April 10th, 2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk
I work in the passport office in Houston. The birth certificates should have been delivered the same day as the passports just under a separate cover. When they arrive, go to the nearest passport office, not the post office, and show it to the will call clerk. They should make the change within a couple of hours and it will cost nothing to you but the drive. Go early in the morning though!!

the nearest office is 5hours away. carnival said just do it when i come home.

misguidedangel April 10th, 2009 11:56 AM

Asd for the damaged passport. One has to look at it and see how badly it is damaged and assess it on a scale of 1 to 10--10 being replace it!

A passport that goes through the washing machine would be a 10, one that has a ripped page, bent, or jusr a little ratty looking would be a 1 or 2....5 would be pages torn out......

Mehawk-The US citizens posting on here should ask you the passport questsions then!!!

Thoth April 10th, 2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misguidedangel
Asd for the damaged passport. One has to look at it and see how badly it is damaged and assess it on a scale of 1 to 10--10 being replace it!

A passport that goes through the washing machine would be a 10, one that has a ripped page, bent, or jusr a little ratty looking would be a 1 or 2....5 would be pages torn out......

Mehawk-The US citizens posting on here should ask you the passport questsions then!!!

I was all worried but was convinced it was a "1" There is a nick on the right side away from any and all information.
The lady from the passport office said "normal wear & tear".
She said damaged intended deliberately "altered", and not normal wear.

Irish Shark April 10th, 2009 12:54 PM

Middle names don't count. If your first and last names are correct, that is all you need. Also suffixes are not required.

Not an issue.

sparks23 April 10th, 2009 10:17 PM

i should clarify this is a passport card

thank you for all your responses! i am not going to stress over it...its just one letter wrong. we will bring the birth cert once we get it back so that we have no trouble getting on the ship...all is good!

S.S.Oceanlover April 12th, 2009 06:04 PM

Re: OH MY GOODNESS

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparks23
Got our passport cards today...they misspelled my husbands middle name...now what?!

we cruise in 27 days
we waited 6 weeks to get the cards
if we want to expedite the process of getting it fixed we have to pay $60 BUT ITS NOT OUR FAULT!

i dont know what to do.....help :(

just use your birth certificate and drivers license.

Bill

cruisecouple April 13th, 2009 01:32 AM

speaking of amendments - attention divorced women - remember you will need an amendment if you have gone back to your maiden name and your passport doesn't match any other id you have....

sparks23 April 14th, 2009 07:25 AM

i got my birth cert. back! yay!