Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Default Cabin Change close to Cruise Date?

I was just checking cabin prices for my cruise on May 4th and it appears that my cruise has gone down in price, but the cabin type I have is no longer available. I am in an 8G and only 8E is available. Can I change cabin types and get a refund, on board credit, or something?
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Cabin Change close to Cruise Date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karicruiser
I was just checking cabin prices for my cruise on May 4th and it appears that my cruise has gone down in price, but the cabin type I have is no longer available. I am in an 8G and only 8E is available. Can I change cabin types and get a refund, on board credit, or something?
The vast majority of these "last minute" bookings are only available to new bookings. Existing bookings cannot take advantage of them.

I would call your TA and have them check it out for you but don't be too optimistic.

Carnival has ceased giving onboard credit to people who find that their cruise price has dropped after final payment.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Admiral

Carnival will give an onboard credit up until 2 days before sailing if you booked Early Saver and found a lower price in the same category, ship, sailing and occupancy on carnival or another site, assuming it isn't a travel agency or travel club special rate and it is available to the general public.
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Carnival will give an onboard credit up until 2 days before sailing if you booked Early Saver and found a lower price in the same category, ship, sailing and occupancy on carnival or another site, assuming it isn't a travel agency or travel club special rate and it is available to the general public.
Brad:

You are correct. I had missed the Carnival Early Saver program that was introduced does give people price protection for cruises that are booked 3 months or more before a 3-5 day sailing and 5 months or more before a 6 day and longer cruise.

They will not give OBC credits for cruises that were not booked under the Early Saver program. It was announced last December that this practice would be discontinued.

Here is a link to the Early Saver Program FAQ:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/Ear...HEarlySaverFAQ

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Only reason I know about the Early Saver is I am booked under that. The drawbacks is it is a non-refundable/non-transferable(to another person) deposit any any change in ship or itinerary is a $50 per change. I had to change my ship and itinerary once resulting in a $50 change, but it was worth it as the other cruise cost far less and I was strapped for cash. Changed from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean to a 4 day Western Caribbean, but since it is my first cruise the legnth doesnt matter to me. I will be taking a couple in 2010 as well(yet to be planned) anyway, so no harm no foul.