Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Familiar Face

Try this, works great! www.rumrunnerflasks.com
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Passenger

I was thinking about calling ahead and having a bottle in my room has anyone done that? Is it worth it, I hate hassles and don't care about the extra cost as long as I know my booze will be waiting for me!

Puerto Aventuras Vacation Guide
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Wow thanks!! But its to late to order for THIS cruise ---------- but will for the next! Thanks!
Old May 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Beginner

If you can take in a "factory sealed" water bottle you can take in liquor. There's a site that sells the sealed caps called camocaps. net it makes it pretty easy to accomplish what you're looking for and not get it confiscated. Best way I've seen so far and cheap.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:10 PM
First Mate

If we bring any alcohol at all we use the small (nip) bottles. Stuff one or two in a shoe, maybe in a shirt. We don't abuse it by bring a lot, just a couple. So far so good.
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Admiral

Fireball, if i read your post correctly, you bought a 12 pack of coke, a 12 pack of mountain dew and then took out a couple each and re glued the packs so the cokes / dew would show, then generously tipped the steward regarding not getting reported, keeping it cold, etc.etc. Just curious but how much do you figure you saved by the time you added all that up so you could have less that a case of beer, not to mention having to have extra luggage to haul it in? Not being critical nor nosy but it seems the expense plus the extra trouble wouldn't be worth the very few dollars you may have saved.
Just curious.
Old May 26th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Beer bought at Total Wine $1@
Beer bought on ship $5.75@

Savings $4.75@

12 beers@ $1=$12
12 beers @ $5.75=$69

Savings $57
I drive to the port.
I already own a hot glue gun.
I did this not merely to save $ but it's the principle of not allowing myself to pay outrageous prices because I'm a captive consumer. I attended a sporting event at our local arena recently and the price for a beer was $7@. They lost my business.
Celebrity Century, 1996, Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Destiny, 2001, Dutch Treat
RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 2003, Western Caribbean
Carnival Legend, 2004, Exotic S. Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, 2010, Exotic Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by by_the_board; May 26th, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Nope--don't think I'd pay $7.00 for any beer that was ever made either !
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Yes, I am sure some people do it and get away with it. Why not just buy a drink or two on the ship? Is it really worth the risk? Rules are put in to place for a reason so why not respect them?

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 30th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Familiar Face

I have been bringing on liquor for as long as I can remember.I have actually got on with 4 18pks. of beer, box of wine, 2 1.5 litre bottles of wine, and never had a problem, until this last time(may 8th).They confiscated one 18pk. of beer and 1 bottle of wine.my room steward couldn't beleive we got it on. He said that they are really cracking down on this.We did get it back on the last night .So be careful.
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Between us my friends and I (there were 12 of us in all) took on 2 handles of rum, a handle of vodka, 3 bottles of Jagermeister, and 6 bottles of wine. You can totally get it on board. I've seen pictures of what some people have gotten on board with...most people would be astounded. We took great care of our room stewards. All that was on top of our individual tabs on deck...which some of them topped $400. Besides, we left everything we didn't partake in on board for the crew to find. As we understand it, the crew has a party with what they find so we were more than happy to do that. They bust their butts all week for us, why would we not want to tip them and then leave a little something else for them.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
First Mate

You can take one bottle of wine per person on the ship.
you can try to take other stuff on but I have seen it taken from
people and you are just out the money you spent.

I would think it would be easier to just buy drink coupons every month
before you go so you dont have to worry about paying for drinks.
I book then start saving money for drinks and what ever else I might
want to buy on the ship.
Then before I go I call and order drink coupons to be delivered to me
on the ship.
if you use a coupon for a mixed drink then your cost after the coupon
runs 1.73. if you use a coupon for a beer there is no extra charge
for beer such as coors light. A bucket of beer was four coupons.
coupons run 21.50 for four drinks plus the difference..
You can also buy your self gift cert. and use them for credit on your
sign and sail card.

My 2 cents on taking stuff on the ship you are not permited to take.
good luck with what you choose to do...

sammy
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
Admiral

On Carnival you can carry on one bottle of wine per person. It has to be carried on and not in the checked bags. I just wanted to clarify this. Some people on my last cruise May 2, 2010 lost their wine because in was in the checked bags and not carried on.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacmuse View Post
Between us my friends and I (there were 12 of us in all) took on 2 handles of rum, a handle of vodka, 3 bottles of Jagermeister, and 6 bottles of wine. You can totally get it on board. I've seen pictures of what some people have gotten on board with...most people would be astounded. We took great care of our room stewards. All that was on top of our individual tabs on deck...which some of them topped $400. Besides, we left everything we didn't partake in on board for the crew to find. As we understand it, the crew has a party with what they find so we were more than happy to do that. They bust their butts all week for us, why would we not want to tip them and then leave a little something else for them.
I cannot imagine drinking that much alcohol in a year let alone in a week. Must have had some whoppers for hangovers.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM
First Mate

Its become a game to see who can get the most liquor onboard. Im woundering who will be the first person that will be booted off a cruise. Read your ticket info, Carnival can do it. They would only have to do it to a few people, the word would get around real fast. Some people are getting there stash taken from them already. Some are lucky some are not. Have fun.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Admiral

The old sneaking alcohol aboard usually generates about as much response as does discussing the dress codes.
it doesn't bother me one way or the other if they sneak it aboard or not.
Just my honest opinion but if I can't afford to buy some drinks while I'm on a cruise, I wouldn't be on the cruise in the first place.
Reminds me of buying a car when I can't afford the gas to operate it.
Old July 10th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I have been bringing on liquor for as long as I can remember.I have actually got on with 4 18pks. of beer, box of wine, 2 1.5 litre bottles of wine, and never had a problem, until this last time(may 8th).They confiscated one 18pk. of beer and 1 bottle of wine.my room steward couldn't beleive we got it on. He said that they are really cracking down on this.We did get it back on the last night .So be careful.
Yes, they are really cracking down on this. They added new language to their policy a while back. If they find it in checked luggage and it is unopened they will deliver the last night of the cruise. They will also send a letter to your cabin stating what they found. If you have locked checked luggage and they suspect something you will be called down to open it. This is according to them not me. I have always taken a 12 pack of beer previously, not so sure this time.