Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Passenger

Default Sneaking Alcohol

Going on a cruise very soon and im really excited! Now i understand the rule about not bringing alcohol aboard the boat but come on some people must do it. If i were to bring it in the normal bottle and bury it in my suitcase do you think I would get caught or would I be fine. If this would not work what some other ways to bring it aboard. All I wanted to bring is one bottle of liquor.
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Sneaking Alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by km52489
Going on a cruise very soon and im really excited! Now i understand the rule about not bringing alcohol aboard the boat but come on some people must do it. If i were to bring it in the normal bottle and bury it in my suitcase do you think I would get caught or would I be fine. If this would not work what some other ways to bring it aboard. All I wanted to bring is one bottle of liquor.
It is common, but I would suggest you put your liquor in a clean water bottle and inside a baggie....
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Passenger

We took a bottle of rum and vodca on board. Make sure it gets checked with regular bags, don't carry it on and no problem. Realisticaly they won't check 2000 bags. You won't have a problem.
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Some people bring cases of cans of beer, so you should be fine.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Admiral

You are incorrect that they disallow all alcohol. Carnival does allow 1 bottle of wine in the 750ml bottles(those are the normal sized wine bottles). Beer and liquor are prohibited by the cruise lines officially but I am sure it happens. What you can get away with will also depend on when you are going.
Old April 13th, 2009, 06:04 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
You are incorrect that they disallow all alcohol. Carnival does allow 1 bottle of wine in the 750ml bottles(those are the normal sized wine bottles). Beer and liquor are prohibited by the cruise lines officially but I am sure it happens. What you can get away with will also depend on when you are going.
And most people would not misconstrue "alcohol" for wine... I think we all knew it meant a "bottle" of hard liquor. PLUS he talks about a bottle...
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Yes people sneak alcohol on board, and if you read through some of the other threads you will find some very creative ways that they go about doing it. We just pack ours as is (in its bottle) and pack it in the middle of out suitcase. And we have never had a problem. I do recomend that you buy plastic bottles and not glass just to be safe. Most brands will have a plastic bottle option. There is really no need to pour it in water bottles or put it in a scope bottle with green food coloring, unless you just have some extra time. Have a great trip.

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:48 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumrow79
There is really no need to pour it in water bottles or put it in a scope bottle with green food coloring, unless you just have some extra time.
HA HA.... yes on water bottle for me as I take several kinds and not the whole bottle (Bailey's/rum/vodka/etc)... Never the scope angle although I have heard of people doing it.
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Passenger

thank you for everyone who responded. I just dont want to get down there with it and get caught and have it confiscated. im problly just gonna bury it in the suitcase and hope for the best. May 16th is when i leave.
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:56 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by km52489
thank you for everyone who responded. I just dont want to get down there with it and get caught and have it confiscated. im problly just gonna bury it in the suitcase and hope for the best. May 16th is when i leave.
As stated... GET PLASTIC!
Old April 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Beginner

We just came back off the Legend and we also packed it in our suitcase. Friends that came with us brought six bottles and 2 cases of beer through carry on with no problems. What is really nice is that depending on who your steward is, he/she will make sure that you have ice at all time, and if you are going to make fruity drinks with it, order your juices through room service and you can have them throughout the whole day!
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM
First Mate

Get your room steward to bring you the bucket they use for the bucket of beer and tell him to keep full of ice each time he does the room and use the plate cover from room service as a cover and you will preserve you ice nicely.In addition have him take out all of the items from your refrig. and use for cooling your beer and wine.it would be nice if you gave him something extra at the end of the cruise.
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Passenger

wow six bottles. I was lookin at two but if i can get away with more i would love to. Also i was gonna ask is there guards on the boat at all times because i am only twenty but i still wanted to drink and have a good time. I no underage drinking is not a good thing but will i be good?
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Passenger

wow six bottles. I was lookin at two but if i can get away with more i would love to. Also i was gonna ask is there guards on the boat at all times because i am only twenty but i still wanted to drink and have a good time. I no underage drinking is not a good thing but will i be good? I understand i cant buy it on the boat which is why i want to bring my own.
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Beginner

as long as you act respectively and don't become a bilegerent drunk, I don't see why the would ask your age. I never saw them ID anyone, unless you go to the bar, because I think your S&S card would be able to let them know.
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to FIREKILLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspre
We just came back off the Legend and we also packed it in our suitcase. Friends that came with us brought six bottles and 2 cases of beer through carry on with no problems. What is really nice is that depending on who your steward is, he/she will make sure that you have ice at all time, and if you are going to make fruity drinks with it, order your juices through room service and you can have them throughout the whole day!

babspre,
When you pack the beer in your carry on, do they not ask you to open it to see if it's beer or soda? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, is to roll onboard with my carry on with beer and soda for the mix drinks. What's your thought on this?
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspre
How did they "carry on" 2 cases of beer?

Just wondering if it was in a carry on suitcase or they just had 2 case on a wheeled pull thing

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Passenger

i always bring a bottle..i roll it up in a towel with duct tape so its padded and stick it dead center of suitcase so its padded even more....ive never had a problem although my cousin was with me on a cruise and he had a bottle of gin in his suitcase that broke and all his clothes got soaked in gin...i dont think he packed it correctly though...obviously plastic is safer....worse case scenario is they find it and take it from you but ive never seen that
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Was just on the Freedom a few weeks ago. No problem with liquor in checked luggage.

I also carried on two bottles of champagne, security said 1 bottle per person asked me how many people in my cabin. I said two and they waived me on without issue.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Beginner

Default getting carded on ship

In reference to getting carded, yes, they sometimes will ask to see your card and check your birthdate. My husband was a week shy of his 20th birthday when we went on our last cruise, and he did get carded once. They were having a rum tasting out in the atrium, and the lady running it checked his card, saw he was underage, and refused him. However, he was able to buy "drink of the day" specials from the waiters walking around on deck. I guess it just depends on where you are and the person serving you...
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Passenger

I wonder, too. I don't drink much, so don't want to sneak liquor. I just want to know if they go through our luggage. Also, can we bring several pieces of luggage, or just one, like the airlines?
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I went on carnival victory for a southern caribbiean cruise in march. there was a liquor store right there before I got on board and I got a liter bottle of rum for ten bucks and told me i could put it in luggage no problem. It was in my luggage outside my room later.
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to LIFE OF THE PARTY
Default BRINGING LIQUOR ON BOAT

IVE JUST CAME OFF MY 7TH SAILING.. I ALWAYS BRING 2-3 BOTTLES (PLASTIC) ON BOARD AND I NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM. YOU WILL BE OK...
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Passenger

Default Metal hip flask

What about coming back on board from ports? Would a metal flask carried on person be a problem?
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Beginner

We just got off the Valor. On the Carnival website it allows you to bring 1 bottle of wine each person as well as soft drinks and water. A cooler size of 12x12x12 is allowed. We had the small bottles of alcohol, water, dt coke, and 2 bottles of wine. We sent it though security without any problems. Having these saved us a bunch of $$. They did charge us $10 to pop the cork in the dining room though.

Have fun!
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Will they bring a wine glass to your room on your request?
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We are flying out next week - and its from Louisiana to Anchorage. I plan on putting some vodka in a bottle and wrapping it in a towel and putting it in the middle of the suitcase and praying it is ok. NEVER tried this before - so whats your opinion? Think it will be safe in a plastic bottle inside a ziploc?
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Admiral

Depends on if there are any Russian baggage attendants working that day.
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaintexas
I wonder, too. I don't drink much, so don't want to sneak liquor. I just want to know if they go through our luggage. Also, can we bring several pieces of luggage, or just one, like the airlines?
You can bring on as many luggage bags as you want. There is no limit that I know of.

When I snuck beer on board I got a 12 pack of coke and a 12 pack of dew and took them all out and replaced them with beer, except where the handle is I put sodas there and glued the end back in place and stuck them in my checked luggage with no problems.

My room steward kept a large bucket of ice filled up morning and evening for me to keep my beer cold, there wasn't a fridge on the Triumph. I tipped him good at the end of the cruise so I am sure he will keep this practice up for the next one's who sneak beer in as I did.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009

Old May 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
We are flying out next week - and its from Louisiana to Anchorage. I plan on putting some vodka in a bottle and wrapping it in a towel and putting it in the middle of the suitcase and praying it is ok. NEVER tried this before - so whats your opinion? Think it will be safe in a plastic bottle inside a ziploc?
Yes you should be fine.
The key is the plastic bottle... plus in a baggie just in case.