Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Familiar Face

Default sooo excited, somebody get excited with me!

I am soooo excited about my cruise on Ecstacy July 6!!! Just me and the girlfriends are going for a ladies cruise. Hubbies are staying home with the kids! I posted twice about specific questions and got some good replies. However, I check back daily just to see if someone might have made a new response. I'd love to hear from anyone about their excitement leading up to their cruise. How can I possibly pass the time away? I read the post on rituals, it was great! Help me stay excited....talk with me...lol
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Familiar Face

congrats! i sail in 10 days out of tampa, fl on the carnival inspiration! going to cozumel and grand cayman. my second cruise but my hubbies first
we are going with best friends cannot wait!

~Carnival Inspiration May 2009~
~Carnival Imagination Sept 2007~
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

have a great cruise!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old April 25th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Beginner

I am right there with you!!!! I cruise on May 7 (1st cruise) and I am so excited I am annoying myself. I have had a ball planing and waiting for this trip. We are driving to New Orleans and spending the day and night before taking in New Orleans and then cruising to Cozumel. I only have to wait 13 more days!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Admiral

My sister's last cruise was out of New Orleans. She did a haunted night tour of New Orleans and had a blast. How many days is your cruise? The things I do before a cruise. I researched everything about my ports. My last cruise was my longest and was a transaltantic cruise. Because it was in Eurpore I did a tons of planning. Booking flights, hotels, tours, and train tickets. We took the train from Rome to Venice. It was my first time in Italy and I figured I better take the time to see Venice cause when could I go again. I studied the maps so much that once I got to Rome and Venice I never got lost.

My next cruise wouldn't be until 2010. I have to save some cash. A girl's night out cruise sounds like a blast. You guys will have a great time. I did a 4 day cruise on the Ecstacy when it was cruising out of Los Angeles. I think it has been through dry dock since then.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default sooo excited, somebody get excited with me!

Yes I am excited to. I cruise in 98 days on the Pride out of Baltimore and 475 days my family reunion on the Dream. Can not wait.
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Captain

Oh that cruise sounds so wonderful and only wish I were going along. I have to wait until Jan. 2010 for my next one. The anticipation of a cruise is part of the fun. We are already getting excited about ours. We already have 60 going in our group so it should be a whole lot of fun. Can't waint!

Hope you girls have a great time. Give us a report when you return.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Search or photos and videos of the ship and ports you'll be going to on the cruisemates.com photo gallery, youtube.com and webshots.com and download the photos to your computer or bookmark them to a "cruise" folder in your Favorites so you can look at them over and over again, imagining yourself in those places.

that is what I am doing to pass the time until my March 2010 cruise oiin Imagination.
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I'm excited for all of you. Welcome to the world of cruising.
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Familiar Face

Default thanks

You all are awesome! It sounds like several of you feel my pain(excitement) I hope all of our cruises are worth every second of waiting! There are some great ideas about searching pics of ship on youtube ect. I think I will obsess some more in that area...lol
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I want to say one thing and please don't take it the wrong way. You are going to love your cruise, but just keep it in the back of your mind that you are going on older ships (from the 1990s).

The newer ships from Carnival and other lines are frankly much nicer - and I only say that to give you something to look forward to in your next cruise.

I recommend sticking with post 2000-built ships from Carnival, NCL and Royl Caribbean. They look much niver on the inside. The food service is usally better due to effiviency design. The cabins are muc nicer with more balconies. They have more deck space, nicers pools & spas.... etc.

You will love your first cruise because you are experiencing the cruise experience, but remember when looking around the ship that there are much newer and nicer ships out there.

Ships themselves are like cars - if you have never been in one a 1990 Taurus seems pretty cool, but if you go in cars all the time you really want a 2009 Lexus. And you don't have to pay much more to go on the newer ships, generally you just need to book a longer cruise and probably sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

For your next cruise I want to see you on Carnival Liberty, Norwegain Pearl or Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. or bump up to Celebrity Solstice, Ruby Princess or Holland America Eurodam. That is cruising at its state of the art!

Don't let this concern you on this cruise you will STILL have tons of fun - just keep it in mind for the next one.
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks23
congrats! i sail in 10 days out of tampa, fl on the carnival inspiration! going to cozumel and grand cayman. my second cruise but my hubbies first
Going on the same ship in Dec. Can't wait! What cat are you doing?? I know someons was on the same ship in cat12 and was going to check out the sofa bed for me. We have three in a room so I hope it's not hard! Have a great cruise, we want to hear about it when you get back!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: sooo excited, somebody get excited with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingodiva2
I am soooo excited about my cruise on Ecstacy July 6!!! Just me and the girlfriends are going for a ladies cruise. Hubbies are staying home with the kids! I posted twice about specific questions and got some good replies. However, I check back daily just to see if someone might have made a new response. I'd love to hear from anyone about their excitement leading up to their cruise. How can I possibly pass the time away? I read the post on rituals, it was great! Help me stay excited....talk with me...lol
Goin on a cruise in Dec without the hubby and kids. It's the third time without them and its GREAT!!!!! The only person I need to care about is myself! I'm jumpin up and down for you right now

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks23
Going on the same ship in Dec. Can't wait! What cat are you doing?? I know someons was on the same ship in cat12 and was going to check out the sofa bed for me. We have three in a room so I hope it's not hard! Have a great cruise, we want to hear about it when you get back!
we have a room on the main deck with two port holes..nothing lavish, but just right for us

Old April 25th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Familiar Face

that makes me cat 4b

Old April 25th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Familiar Face

Paul, thanks for the advice! This is actually my second cruise but first cruise for my two friends! We are only taking this ship because it's within driving distance and it's during the time we can all travel. We are all teachers so summer is our playtime!
My family is jealous! They went on the first one with me and they know what kind of fun we're in for.
Are the Soltice and the Princess smaller or larger ships?
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
Ships themselves are like cars - if you have never been in one a 1990 Taurus seems pretty cool, but if you go in cars all the time you really want a 2009 Lexus. And you don't have to pay much more to go on the newer ships, generally you just need to book a longer cruise and probably sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
Always forgetting about us on the west coast. We have a great new ship over here. You know the Splendor, in fact I think it's the newest ship that Carnival has sailing right now. Of course once the Dream starts it won't be. Long Beach, California in the house!!!!!!! Sorry Paul I just couldn't help myself.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Martha C

I am excited for you!! Have a wonderful time!! We are going on our first cruise in December. It feels like it will never get here. I hop on the Carnival page daily to check the countdown. I am already purchasing items. I swear I already have a space bag packed with some cool weather clothing. I can't help myself. I know my friends and coworkers can't wait until we go.

Have a fun and relaxing trip!! You guys deserve it.

Old April 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

All I can say is once you do one girls' cruise, there will be another and another and another! You will have an awesome time and think "out of the box" when you're packing. Each of you should take an outfit that is totally not you but definitely cruise-worthy!!! You will feel like you're back in school except that this time instead of it being a one night slumber party it's a four or five night slumber party with beach days thrown in!!!

Old April 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

by the way - search the photo gallery for some photos I posted of my first group girls trip Carnival Inspiration May 2007 (we then went on Liberty and this year it's Destiny but I did Imagination with just one gf in 2006) Between the "girls" and my gf and her husband, this will be my 7th cruise since May 2006!

Imagination
Fantasy
Inspiration
Triumph
Liberty
Destiny (fall 2008)
Destiny (May 14th)
Trying to decide which one to do next with hubby at this time....

Old April 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Admiral

I'm excited and my cruise isn't until May 1 2010...that's 365 days away.

I start planning as soon as I'm off the phone with my PVP from Carnival.

I have list for the lists

I have my count down clock and all my calendars have the days on them and as soon as one day passes, I scratch it off.

I love the Carnival ships. So I know you will have a great time.

Do you have the list of what to take and what to do? I have many of them What to pack and what to do before you leave.

I look at all the ports and try to plan what to do.

I love to plan for a cruise, the hotel, the air fare and the ground transportation....

If you need a list, please ask. I have what you may need

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:25 AM
Familiar Face

Darlene,

I need to make some lists....I leave next Saturday and feel quite unprepared! Feel free to send some lists my way
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Familiar Face

i leave on monday!!!!!!!!!! whoooooohoooooo

Old May 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

I am so jelious

Have a wonderful cruise

I hope you have some warm rays, sapphire colored water, good food, and some great drinks with friends and family.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Passenger

im going on liberty may 16 and im excited as hell!! ive been on ectasy before and had a blast....u should be excited!! have fun!!
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Darlene, that should help! Just found out our stop at Cozumel has changed to Key West, so now I have to make new plans for that port. We have never been there. Anyone have suggestions?
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubik82
Thanks Darlene, that should help! Just found out our stop at Cozumel has changed to Key West, so now I have to make new plans for that port. We have never been there. Anyone have suggestions?
make sure you get some conch fritters they are SOO good and fresh they have a little stand a different places around key west, they are worth it!

also dont forget to go to the blonde giraffe for some delicious key lime pie, u can even get it on a stick dipped in chocolate

Old May 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Enjoy!! Have a great cruise with the gals!! 8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
First Mate

Default CRUISING

we leave norfolk, va on 31 may, less than30 days. looking fwd to nassau and a few days off. ANY BODY ELSE GOING WITH US
boB
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:43 AM
Beginner

Default I'm excited with you!!!

My family is going on the Carnival Legend May 31st... 4 weeks I already started packing... Anyone else been/going on that ship lately? My 15 yr old son can't wait either... We have been on 5 other cruises but the last one was 5 years ago...