Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Beginner

Default First Timers..

Hi there, we are a Family of four and this will be our first cruise. We are looking at the 5night western carib in February 2010 out of Tampa on the Inspiration. I am getting what I think is a really great price $1350 canadian for the four of us, should I book it this early? Is it likely to go up in price, do you think this is a good rate? Is the Inspiration a good first choice? DD will be 12 and DS 10 in Feb.

Thank-you soo Much!

Soluc
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Admiral

Well, if you book now you can get the Early Saver rate which means you get the lowest price until either the ship runs out of that category or until 2 days before sailing. This gives you an advantage since the normal price protection is only 2 days after booking. The down side is it is a non-refundable deposit per person though for a $50/person charge you can change the date or ship. That is a reasonable price for a 5 day. Do consider a 7 day though if you have children as it would not be much more and it would give you more opportunity to explore what cruising is all about. Plus, the ships on the 7+ day cruises are usually the first to get updates.
Old April 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Admiral

The Inspiration is a fun ship....not in the sense that Carnival used to advertise, just a lot of fun. Small enough not to spend every minute getting from one end to the other, but large enough to have plenty of options of what to do. They also have Camp Carnival for the kids, which seems very well run. The kids are entertained and never left unattended, so you can relax and have fun, too.
Marty
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the advice!

We booked a 7night on the Legend this November 8-15!

Very Excited!! I will be celebrating my 45th b-day on the 11th!

I celebrated my 30th aboard the Maasdam with my then boyfriend (now husband) we were both photographers on the ship way back then!

Haven't been aboard a ship since then and have never been aboard a Carnival ship... so it'll be kind of a new-nostalgic cruise and it'll be cool sailing with our children!

Thanks Again....
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Soluc,
Great choice! We did the Legend in November and loved it. We're even hoping to do it again in the near future, event though we usually don't repeat cruise choices. I hope that you have a great time!
Marty