Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Never gave this too much thought, but now I will.

I got 2403 on the Glory and loved it so for my booking on Liberty, I chose the same room again. I guess I was thinking, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old June 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Stay away from 1361 on the Triumph. Right above the recycling center.

Conquest 6/05
Triumph 2/06
Holiday 5/06
Miracle 2/07
Glory 6/07
Holiday 2/08
Holiday 2/08 (B2B)
Legend 1/09
Spirit 5/09
Holiday 8/09
Triumph 12/09
Valor 5/10
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindnet
Oh oh, now you all have me worried about my cabin on the Conquest in Jan. I had read several reviews where people were very happy with their porthole cabins all the way forward (I'm in 1207), and there weren't many to choose from, so I booked it. Now I'm thinking I may not get any sleep at all there!
Don't panic yet. We had similar cabins and we loved them! I loved curling up beside the porthole, etc and we slept like rocks every night. The only thing was the anchor noise first thing in the morning but as my husband said, we never had to set an alarm clock and we always knew when we had arrived and we were frequently able to beat the rush to the breakfast buffet on the Lido. If you want to plan for the absolute worst case scenario, take an MP3 player with a white noise track on it, that will beat most of the minor noises, ie. waves, etc.
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Passenger

We had cabin U108 on the Imagination, which is Deck 6, or the Upper Deck.

This was penthouse suite. When you opened all the vents to get A/C, it sounded like a jet taking off.

We also had a lot of rain one night, and I was woken by what sounded like somebody throwing gum balls at our ajoining wall, and on the roof of the cabin. It make me a bit nervous at first, I first thought maybe it was flames crackling next door. I went so far as to stick my head out in the corridor to see if heard it there, or saw any smoke.

Nothing.

I called the steward, but all I got was a fast busy signal...so maybe everyone else was hearing it too, and clogging the phone lines.

Never did hear what it was....but next night with no rain, never heard it again.
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
Don't panic yet. We had similar cabins and we loved them! I loved curling up beside the porthole, etc and we slept like rocks every night. The only thing was the anchor noise first thing in the morning but as my husband said, we never had to set an alarm clock and we always knew when we had arrived and we were frequently able to beat the rush to the breakfast buffet on the Lido. If you want to plan for the absolute worst case scenario, take an MP3 player with a white noise track on it, that will beat most of the minor noises, ie. waves, etc.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll be fine. Especially with a couple of Drink of the Days under my belt, lol!

Carnival Magic-3/12, Carnival Magic-11/11, Carnival Glory-2/11, Carnival Splendor-8/10, Carnival Conquest-1/10, Mariner of the Seas-3/09, Carnival Spirit-1/08, Grand Princess-12/06, Rhapsody of the Seas-12/05, Grand Princess-12/04, NCL Dream-12/03, MS Zuiderdam-12/02

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Admiral

I was just on the Freedom in Cabin 7345. This is a Cat 1A (two beds on the floor). I was right around the corner from the midship elevators and right next door to the laundry room. Never heard any noise during the entire cruise and the laudry room was no problem but very convenient to have the iron right in the next room.

I am staying in this same cabin on the Splendor in October.

I didn't need the two beds and just put them together and pushed them up against the wall to give me more floor space. The cabin worked fine for me and would have been just as good for a couple.

I highly recommend Cat 1A Cabin No. 7345 on the newer larger ships.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim

This is our first cruise (1/31/10-2/7/10 on Splendor) we chose 6269. Anyone been in that balcony stateroom? Since I'm new, I will start a new topic to ask all of my other questions.
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Room 2451 Main Deck on the Triumph, this is near the aft of the ship. Big time shake and vibrations when pulling out of port or docking (early in the moring). You'll get a full body massage whether you want one or not. Not good at trying to sleep late. It was quiet all other times.
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Beginner

Room 2451 Main Deck, this is on deck 2 near the back in the Triumph. Huge noise and vibrations when the ship leaves port or docking. You'll get a early morning wake up call and a full body massage. It shakes that bad. Once the ship gets going then it is very quiet.
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Admiral

buckybruce,
What you heard may have been hail, believe it or not. It forms so high in the atmosphere that the heat we feel never gets there. We live in Florida and I still find it wierd to be sweating liike crazy when I'm outside, have a storm come up and be pelted by tiny bits of ice. But, it happens. I don't know if that was the case on your cruise...just a possible explanation.
Marty
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Beginner

Default I will be in 1338 on the Triumph!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris64
Do you think this is going to be a problem?!?
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: I will be in 1338 on the Triumph!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyFN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris64
Do you think this is going to be a problem?!?
We didn't let it bother us. We just looked at it as an everyday wake up call at 7 AM. You could hear the glass shattering from around 7 to 10 am or so. Good time to get up. say good morning to the Mrs. (wink, wink), get some breakfast and start the day.

Conquest 6/05
Triumph 2/06
Holiday 5/06
Miracle 2/07
Glory 6/07
Holiday 2/08
Holiday 2/08 (B2B)
Legend 1/09
Spirit 5/09
Holiday 8/09
Triumph 12/09
Valor 5/10
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Default Is 7345 a regular size cabin? smaller? bigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I was just on the Freedom in Cabin 7345. This is a Cat 1A (two beds on the floor). I was right around the corner from the midship elevators and right next door to the laundry room. Never heard any noise during the entire cruise and the laudry room was no problem but very convenient to have the iron right in the next room.

I didn't need the two beds and just put them together and pushed them up against the wall to give me more floor space. The cabin worked fine for me and would have been just as good for a couple.

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Beginner

Default 7345 has 2 beds that convert? Do you have a photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Familiar Face

I can't wait untill someone gives a review on the Carnival Dream cabins. We booked one of those funky cabins on upper deck side aft. It is our first balcony, and the balcony is a lot larger than some.

2005 Carnival Fantasy
2007 Carnival Sensation
2008 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
2010 Carnival Dream
2012 Carnival Freedom
2012 Carnival Sensation
2012 Princess Caribbean Princess