Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Default Rental Car drop-off at Port of Tampa

Hi gang;
Someone asked about this, and I didn't know, so today as I was leaving Tampa, I noticed that "Inspiration" was in port, and it reminded me that I promised I'd stop over there and check into this. According to the people who should know at the Port of Tampa, there aren't any rental car agencies at, or near the Port of Tampa, and the agencies located at Tampa International Airport won't make arrangements to drop you off at the Port, when you turn in your car there. However,,,they said that they thought Hertz, and perhaps Enterprise Rent-A-Car both have locations just on the opposite side of downtown Tampa, on Kennedy Blvd., and they probably would run you to the port if needed. The best thing to do is call these agencies, and ask them if this is the case.
That's the best I could do gang. At least, I got to see all the lucky people embarking the "Inspiration" today. (Sure was tempting to try and sneak on.)

Ken
"SKY"
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Familiar Face

Ken - "SKY"

Thanks for the Post. It does answer my question about Tampa and rental cars - Not the answer I was hoping for but . . . . .

Cricket
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Hey Kensky! Thanks for posting. I'm calling them now to see if they would do that. I'll let you all know.
.Joe at the Hertz on Kennedy said that drop off is at the mariott but there is a shuttle and they will drop you off at the port.

This is good news.
Just an FYI on rates: Compact Car 7/31/09 24 hr rental $88.31

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008