Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Past Guest

Does anyone know if the Carnival Past Guest accumulations carry over to their sister lines programs?
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

I was told by personel on the Valor when I was on my last cruise that they would carry over but check with Carnival just to be sure.

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would like to knoiw, too....I have 4 Carnival Cruises (just booked our 5th for 2010) and two Princess Cruises...I have not been able to get a straight answer from Carnival how th Princess Cruises help me,and I really haven't seen any benefits pricewise when booking.

I think it is a shame, they should count all of them, but that is just my opinion!
Imagination 2004
Diamond Princess 2006
Emerald Princess 2008
Imagination 2009!
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Admiral

I am contemplating booking a cruise with Princess and am wondering if my Carnival Cruise would count with them.
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:31 PM
First Mate

I am almost certain that they do not count cruises between their brands. Princess has their own program that you can check out on their website. I agree, that they should share programs, but they view each brand as a stand alone line as for as their target clients.
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Admiral

There is some indication of recognition on the back of the HAL brochure we have but I couldn't find any specifics on their website or at http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com. The HAL Mariner Society is based on number of days sailed, so I'm not sure how that translates. Haven't looked at Princess.

Maybe you get the past guest trinket and possibly an invitation the the past guest reception.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

They do not count sister brands
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Sucks. But whatever........they just lose out by not recognizing across sister brands. That can just cost them customers.
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Actually I believe their were some anti-trust issues when CCL acquired Princess (don't remember if it was in the US or EU). That could be what prevents this kind of cross-line recognition.

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
First Mate

I am quoting from a Carnival Brochure.
Vacation Interchange Privileges
Did you know that when you sail with any member of World's Leading Cruise Line ( Carnival,Costa,Cunard,Holland America,Princess or the Yachts of Seabourn) you are entitled to the same Past Guest Savings currently being extended to any of our lines?
For the latest offer and to learn more about Past Guest and VIP programs see any travel agent or check out Carnival.com/current.

Hope that helps.
I have not sailed Carnival, but I have been told that my HAL and Princess cruises would apply.....
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I have not sailed Carnival, but I have been told that my HAL and Princess cruises would apply.....
You're "recognized" as a past passenger on all Carninval Corporation ships, and therefore invited to the past passenger party (if there is one), but the trips on the different cruise lines within the company do not accumulate. 1 cruise on Carnival, 1 cruise on HAL, 1 cruise on Princess do not total 3 cruise; just 1 on each line.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd
Actually I believe their were some anti-trust issues when CCL acquired Princess (don't remember if it was in the US or EU). That could be what prevents this kind of cross-line recognition.
That is interesting, if Carnival used all it's lines in one cruise it would give them a competitive over other lines. Because Carnival has so many brands.
CCL Brands
Carnival, Holland Ameria LIne, Cunard, P&O cruises, Ocean Village, Princess Cruises, Ibero cruises, Costa, The Yachts of Seabourn, and Aida.
RCL Brands
Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Pullmantur, Azamara cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.

NCL and Star Cruises is privately held.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Doesn't Star still own NCL?

Old May 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
You're "recognized" as a past passenger on all Carninval Corporation ships, and therefore invited to the past passenger party (if there is one), but the trips on the different cruise lines within the company do not accumulate. 1 cruise on Carnival, 1 cruise on HAL, 1 cruise on Princess do not total 3 cruise; just 1 on each line.

Oh- Shot down in flames

I thought it counted...... if I go to the Carnival website and start a booking I get a discount under Past Passenger rate- is that not right ?
I thought I had found something good.......
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Technically, Anti-Trust laws mainly apply if there would be no competition. Personally, I do plan to cruise Cunard alot for my trips to Europe since I love the whole history of the line and the way it is present. It is well known that Cunard is the only surviving line that was a part of the original ocean lines from the days of the old White Star Line(the Titanic and Lucitania(before it was commissioned as a supply ship) being their best known ships). Cunard even had one of their old ships, the original Queen Mary, recognized by being turned into a tourist attraction in Long Beach, and it is also considered to be one of the most haunted places in the United States.
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had Carnival Pride and Legend under our belts when we booked a Princess cruise. All cruises under the same TA - no invite to a past guest party (this was 1st princess cruise). Will say, however, that they hung balloons up for two of our 3 cabins as they were celebrating something. It was a very nice gesture. Carnival never did that for us but I will say that they are giving us something FREE from the Bon Voyage Dept for our next cruise this September. (We did the miracle last Sept for our 25th anniversary). I'd like to see crossover offers of at least past guest status with any of their lines but don't you'll ever see it. By the way the Crown Princess and her staff made for a fantastic cruise.

Just my two cents
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
First Mate

In my experience,there is barely any incentive to continue booking Carnival. After our third CCL cruise they made it quite clear that they didn't really value repeat business,so we obliged and moved on.
Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Azamara have a cross-line recognition of past guests, and since I intend to cruise frequently the perks are very important to me.
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Could be I don't have a clue. Sorry I was looking at Yahoo fianace and they both showed as privately held. Which means you can't buy stock in either line.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Admiral

You cannot buy stock in either line, but if you had the money you could always approach the owners privately to purchase the line out right. Regardless of what anyone tells you, shareholders in a corporation are owners. They just own a fractional share usually.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

But wait! Some cruiser said that Carnival does your laundry free after your 10th cruise.
Carnival Dream-Oct 2010-Eastern Caribbean
RCL Oasis-May 2010-Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy-April 2010-Mexico
HAL Ryndam-Sept 2009-Alaska
Carnival Holiday-May 2009-Cozumel
Carnival Celebration-April 2008-Key West, Nassau
Carnival Liberty-May 2007-Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle-Apr 2006 (1st for DH)- Mexico, Belize
Carnival Holiday-Feb 2005-Mexico
Carnival Fascination-Dec 2000-Nassau
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Free laundry isn't much of a perk to be honest. You have to get in 100 to get a free cruise...........now that's a perk. The only worthwhile perks at 10 cruise with Carnival are the logo item, guaranteed dining/supper club times, priority spa times, comped entry fee and priority boarding.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
You cannot buy stock in either line, but if you had the money you could always approach the owners privately to purchase the line out right. Regardless of what anyone tells you, shareholders in a corporation are owners. They just own a fractional share usually.
Yes that is correct stock holders are owners and bond holders have loaned the company money. That is why bond holders always get paid first if the company is going under.

However, RCCL and Carnival sell stock so both lines have stockholder perks like On Board Credit (OBC) depending on the length of the cruise. You have to own at least a 100 shares of stock and prove it to the line to take advantage of the perks. Here information on the Shareholder benefits. The OBC credit is good on all the lines in the Carnival fleet. They include European brand and Autralian Brand. The onboard credit for Cunard, Princess, and Costa is determined based on the operational Currency onboard the vessel. So if the vessel is using the Euro you OBC will be in Euros.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...0/shareben.pdf

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:

Oh- Shot down in flames

I thought it counted...... if I go to the Carnival website and start a booking I get a discount under Past Passenger rate- is that not right ?
I thought I had found something good.......
You will get past guest pricing on the other Carnival Corp lines, but the past guest programs are indeed different for each.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Familiar Face

We have cruised Carnival lots of times. When we booked a Costa cruise (which we will NEVER do again!) we told them we were past Carnival guests and asked about the VIP program. We were told that they would make a note of it in our reservations, but that it really didn't mean much to Costa. We did not receive any recognition as past guests on Costa.

Happy Cruising!
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Good to know about stockholder perks. Being that I am starting a travel agency, it would make sense for me to own some stock in my suppliers(which technically isn't insider trading since I have no control over my suppliers operations).
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Free laundry isn't much of a perk to be honest. You have to get in 100 to get a free cruise...........now that's a perk. The only worthwhile perks at 10 cruise with Carnival are the logo item, guaranteed dining/supper club times, priority spa times, comped entry fee and priority boarding.
Yeah I guess it's not much of a perk unless it it something that you want. As for me I want free laundry service, I want the free logo item, I want the guaranteed dining/supper club times and most of all I want the priority boarding and debarkation. So for me it means alot to have 10 cruises under my belt. Just my 2 cents.

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Admiral

I am just realistic is all. Some of the perks are nice, though I do think the free laundry should be more like a 5 cruises perk or even a second cruise perk. Just seems to me that the free laundry at 10 cruises is a bit strange considering the fact it isn't a really big money maker for the lines. I just think that should come sooner.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce95
Quote:
Yeah I guess it's not much of a perk unless it it something that you want. As for me I want free laundry service, I want the free logo item, I want the guaranteed dining/supper club times and most of all I want the priority boarding and debarkation. So for me it means alot to have 10 cruises under my belt. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you. Nothing like Platinum perks. All I got on Princess was a discount on cruise. Nothing else.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could be I don't have a clue. Sorry I was looking at Yahoo fianace and they both showed as privately held. Which means you can't buy stock in either line.
Star Cruises owns 50% in NCL and the private equity company,Apollo Management owns the other 50%. Actually Apollo now controls NCL. They have control to name the majority of the board members.

Star Cruises: SCL stock can be purchased on the Asian markets.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me