Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Passenger

Default Are there any unadvertised benefits of the suites?

I am planning on taking my first cruise in late August on the Ecstasy and I booked a suite after finding pictures online of one compared with the state rooms. I am looking forward to breakfasts on my own personal balcony, and having a bathroom that looks pretty nice compared with the stateroom version. Being able to leave the balcony door open and getting lots of fresh air sounds nice also.

Are there any other benefits that come with twice the price? Anything that's exclusive to the suite dwellers? My other 'rational' was that being my first cruise I wanted to better insure loving it rather than going for the cheapest cabin and hating it.

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Are there any unadvertised benefits of the suites?

I go on my first cruise next Friday and I have a suite. I'll report back if I get any 'special' treatment when I get back..

All I know is no, you dont... except vip check-in.

Old May 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Well VIP check in is one, what does that mean? No long wait while they prepare to board us or I get a separate line once they do get around to boarding us?
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Admiral

You will certainly have one benefit Carnival doesn't advertise. You will have bragging rights.
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Admiral

There is a separate line and boarding staff for VIP's, which means suite bookings and Platinum members. I love breezing by the longer check in lines. Petty of me, but I do.

Marty
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Passenger

I am not sure paying four times as much as most other cruisers is something I want to brag about.

It would be nice if we got a gold sign and sail card to flash around.

Old May 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Well, people do tend to be jealous of those with the best rooms, so it does, in a way, become a status symbol in that respect.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Familiar Face

Party in your room! Bring your new friends back to the suite and hang out, drink, have fun. The balcony is plenty big to go out on with several people, too.

We put on quite a show for the returning boats as they were coming back from the ports. What a hit we were...
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Right on Florida Girl.........let me know next cruise you go on and maybe we can throw a party...........everyone who knows me knows you cant have a party without me.
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
First Mate

The room stewards for the suites seem to be the best of the best. On disembarkation day our told us we could wait in the cabin until our number was called. No need to hurry or leave the room early to wait in the public areas. Regular cabins on the Fascination didn’t have the mini fridge, but the suite did. We brought a few bottles of soda with us and the steward made room in the fridge for them.

Our best ever room steward worked the Empress Deck suites on the Freedom. We didn’t have a suite but had a regular room next to the row of suites. We got the same service the suites had.

VIP embarkation at the new Miami terminal has a nice waiting room for the VIP guests. Before regular boarding starts you are led to the escalators and allowed to board first. The new terminal is comfortable and efficient enough that checkin and waiting is almost pleasant anyway.

In Ft Lauderdale VIPs are seating in a separate row in the regular waiting room and allowed to board before the regular checkin starts. Early arrivals check in with early arriving VIPs but are seated separately and allowed to board after the VIPS. Once regular checkin starts the early checkin desk becomes VIP Only and everyone else goes through another longer line. This is from observation. We didn’t have a suite on that trip.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Right on Florida Girl.........let me know next cruise you go on and maybe we can throw a party...........everyone who knows me knows you cant have a party without me.
I think it's funny you have 700+ posts on a cruise forum and you've never been on a cruise yet.. lol

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Admiral

What can I say, I am good at research and have an opinion. I can't speak for experience, but I am good at finding information. I try to advise to the best of my ability. I have had a few misses, but not too often. When I get to work on something, I tend to obsess until I know everything. Some of those posts though were my own questions. I am fairly confident in the information I gather though.
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Passenger

This is our first cruise, but with much experience at AI land vacations, in particular, Sandals.

Our last vacation was a butler service two room suite at Sandals Whitehouse, and we got spoiled, but rotten.

So, with that experience in mind, I decided that I we would do a four day cruise rather than a seven day, and book a Penthouse Suite, just so we wouldn't be disappointed in the cabin/room.

Since my wife hates waiting in lines (and is vocal about it...) , the less the better of that activity...
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Well bucky, expect some lines, and enjoy your cruise. I am sure you will have a different experience than Sandals(I think these companies need more Singles focused and Family focused resorts than focusing only on couples..........makes more business sense to have resorts that cater to all three. Some that cater to couples only, some for singles only, some for singles and couples, some for families only, and some for all three. One of the major issues why All Inclusives do not book nearly as much as they should is the narrow focus.).
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
Well bucky, expect some lines, and enjoy your cruise. I am sure you will have a different experience than Sandals(I think these companies need more Singles focused and Family focused resorts than focusing only on couples..........makes more business sense to have resorts that cater to all three. Some that cater to couples only, some for singles only, some for singles and couples, some for families only, and some for all three. One of the major issues why All Inclusives do not book nearly as much as they should is the narrow focus.).
Actually, Sandals is marketed more as Adults Only, rather than exclusively couples (although I don't believe any Sandals offers anything other than king beds in any of their rooms). I have seen two females (some lesbian, some not) travelers, but no male guests yet. Which makes it difficult for solo male guests to attend any weddings there. As for Sandals corporate, they feel they address the need for family with there Beaches brand, and for the budget traveler, the Grand Pineapple resorts.

I am really looking forward to this. 8)
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Admiral

I have been trying to review the AIs and I am by no means an expert, but I have noticed some of them discourage single men(some who just want to get away and not try to pick up women). They are a bit of an odd animal I think.