Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Beginner

Default Best Day to Eat at Supper Club

Is there one day better than any other to dine at the Supper Club on the Splendor?? We are leaving May 24, 2009 and was curious what the best day would be to make reservations for dinner at the Supper Club.

Thanks,

Steffi
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Passenger

We are on the same sailing, and we made reservations for Thursday evening. We leave Vancouver at 6pm, so we thought it would be perfect. I'm also hoping that the formal nights are sea days, so that we won't miss those either. Regardless, we LOVE the supper club, we ate twice at the one on the Pride two years ago, and have been hooked ever since.
Carnival - Splendor - September 2009
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Occasionally, the first night, they will offer a 2 for one special. So, regardless of what other night you go, check it out the first night. It is worth the full price, in my opininion, but half price somehow makes it even tastier.
Marty
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Do I need to wait till I get onboard to find out what/if they are offering any specials for the Supper Club?

Should I make my reservations ahead of time? Like now? And if they are offering the 2 for 1, will I still get that deal even though I made the reservation ahead of time?
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Familiar Face

Sometimes they dont open first night, due to lack of interest or reservations. This happened on Freedom last month.
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Beginner

Does anyone think I should go ahead and make reservations for the first night or should I wait till onboard?
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Captain

I wait till Im onboard everytime and never have had a problem. Just call them the day you get on to beat any rush. I like to eat there early in the week because most people arent sick of the dining room yet and havent discovered the supper club. But again you can get any night you wish if you call them the first evening.
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:44 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi1013
Does anyone think I should go ahead and make reservations for the first night or should I wait till onboard?
We also waited until we were onboard to make reservations. On our last cruise, I think we went the second formal night around 8 p.m. There were only 2 or 3 other couples and a group of 8 or so eating at that time. I think my husband may have made the reservations the second day of our cruise. IMO it would not be a problem at all to wait until you board the ship.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Admiral

We always wait until we are onboard to make reservations. You will not get any special deals otherwise. Plus, we also try to go early in the week, because later on, we are usually enjoying our regular table so much that we never end up going to the supper club We keep saying "maybe tomorrow", then realize we're out of dinners at sea because they are going to make up get off the ship!
Marty
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The first night is good. Sometimes they offer discounts on the first night of sailing.

The second night is also good if you don't want to have the rubber lobster in the dining room.

The third night is also a good alternative. You can dine later and not worry about rushing back from a shore excursion.

The fourth night works well. You can have a lovely dinner for two and enjoy a wonderful porterhouse that is as big as dinner plate.

The fifth night is a good night. You can get away from your tablemates and have a little alone time.

The sixth night is also a great choice. You can wind down and forget about the formal night.

The seventh night is really good. You can celebrate the end of the cruise and reward yourself for getting your packing done.

So: Any night is a good night to have dinner at the Supper Club.

I have never had a problem getting a reservation. I usually do book the day that I board but I have booked during the cruise and I have even done one walk-up with no problem.

Enjoy your cruise and the supper club. It is a really enjoyable experience.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Mike,
I rarely disagree with you about anything. Plus, you are a font of knowledge....BUT, I love that "rubber lobster". Granted, not the same as a whole Maine lobster, but the taste of those Caribbean lobster tails is high on my list of favorites. And the giant shrimp they serve with it is quite tasty, too.
Okay, I'm drooling on my keyboard.
Marty
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Beginner

When do they usual have lobster on the menu in the Supper Club? That is the one thing I am definitely looking forward to!!!!
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Captain

I must be the only one in the world who hates lobster. I love crab, shrimp etc but lobster has a strange taste that I could never enjoy. Not sure why that is but on lobster night I will order just about anything else. Why do people go nuts over it anyway? Its not a rare item and the cost is ok if you do your homework...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi1013
When do they usual have lobster on the menu in the Supper Club? That is the one thing I am definitely looking forward to!!!!
Steffi:

Lobster is always available in the Supper Club. It is a 12 oz. Maine Lobster tail. They also have a surf and turf with 1/2 tail and a six ounce fillet. Quite tasty.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old May 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Admiral

One thing to keep in mind about the first night is - you might not have your fancy duds yet.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd
One thing to keep in mind about the first night is - you might not have your fancy duds yet.
On my last cruise on the Carnival Pride I was surprised that only about 1/2 of the men were wearing a jacket. The place looked about the same as Celebrity now looks on "informal" night.

Take care,
Mike

Old May 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Beginner

I never thought about not having my "fancy" clothes yet on the first night! You bring up a really good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

I cannot wait for this cruise! I am just so excited. It is only 13 days till we sail for the very first time.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd
On my last cruise on the Carnival Pride I was surprised that only about 1/2 of the men were wearing a jacket. The place looked about the same as Celebrity now looks on "informal" night.

Take care,
Mike
That's funny, fancy duds. Seems Carnival has or is moving away from fancy duds. Last month on Freedom 3rd night, no jackets in supper club. Good thing too, as I splashed lobster butter all over front of shirt.
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

I like to go to supper club on a sea day, not on a formal night, not first and not last. So the exact night will vary but always works out.

Then again - any night is a good night to be in the supper club.