CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Perks (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/364768-carnival-perks.html)

bitemyfly May 25th, 2009 09:32 AM

Carnival Perks

Hello all
I know if you own stock and you submit to corporate relations you can get on board credit.
We have booked 4 cruises in the past 5 years one each trips I have booked a minimum 2 cabins sometimes three ( my children and their friends) .. is their a way to get credit for those trips? Credit to vip status?
Thank you

nighthawk65 May 25th, 2009 11:03 AM

Upon completion of your 9th cruise with CCL you will be considered VIP. The number of cabins you have booked is not a factor for the VIP status.

Happy Sailing :D
Mark

green_rd May 25th, 2009 11:47 AM

Each guest accumulates their Carnival perks separately. If you have had the same companion with you on each of your 4 cruises, you each have 4 credits.

Nothin but blue skies May 25th, 2009 03:43 PM

That's right. We have sailed 15 times, but booked and paid for an additional 7 cabins and 22 cruises for children and grandchildren, but only get the credit for those bookings in our names.

tennisbum May 25th, 2009 04:53 PM

If I am not mistaken, you will have to have completwd 10 cruises to achieve your next level which will give you several perks.

Nothin but blue skies May 27th, 2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbum
If I am not mistaken, you will have to have completwd 10 cruises to achieve your next level which will give you several perks.

Nope - you get the perks on your 10th cruise, not after you complete the 10th cruise.

We had a lot of fun and took a lot of ribbing from some friends last week on the cruise. We are well into our VIP status with Carnival and this was their 2nd cruise. They started asking about the perks on the first night and we kept telling them it was not a big deal, but from that point on we kept getting ribbed about our VIP status. So, we started taking pics of the gifts and canape platter, and good night platter etc., and showing them to the newbies at dinner each night. They thought we had sooo much pull on the ship, simply because as experienced cruisers we knew how to ask for and get certain things accomplished, such as getting our reservations crossed referenced for dinner even thought each of the 3 couples in our group booked separately. Of course anyone can do that. LOL

Pocono Pug May 27th, 2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbum

You will get VIP status on your 10th cruise. So after your ninth one your are eligable