Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I wish Royal Caribbean would have the self service laundry rooms like Carnival and Princess, makes packing easier. You know you can always do a load of wash and take less.

They do however, have a laundry service, they will press clothes for you.
And you have the added intrigue of possibly getting someone else's clothes back
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:47 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to cruisecouple

Just in case you haven't used it yet, Downy Wrinkle Remover is great. Whatever items I needed I pressed at home, sprayed a little wrinkle remove, ran over the item with my hand and I was done. If you have dress slacks, you don't even have to do that you spray and shake the wrinkles out. I love creases in my work slacks and this stuff works great.

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Passenger

Default You'll have to use the ship's laundry area

I think I posted on this topic a few days before my cruise.... stating that I'd read that the purser's desk had small ironing boards / irons that they'd loan you for your return.

BUT I now have to retract that. We just returned from Imagination on Fri June 5th. I had my husband's formal night shirt and one dress that I wanted to iron and when I inquired about the use of a loaner ironing board/iron was told that they were not allowed in the room but I was able to travel down with the items to the ships laundry area and use the board/iron there.

Anyway, I was too busy (lazy lol) and just hanged the items on the back of the shower door so the steam from the showers from my husband and myself knocked out most of the wrinkles and the dresses looked fine.

I will say that on my last two cruises I packed an iron in my luggage and ironed on a couple of heavy towels on the floor. The iron sat out in view of the room stewards and no one ever said a word to me. As long as your luggage weight requirements (Delta is 50 lbs) can handle it, along with your other items, then I'd go for it!
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I will say that on my last two cruises I packed an iron in my luggage and ironed on a couple of heavy towels on the floor. The iron sat out in view of the room stewards and no one ever said a word to me. As long as your luggage weight requirements (Delta is 50 lbs) can handle it, along with your other items, then I'd go for it!
ROFL ROFL ... SURE, as long as you can get away with it, ignore the danger in poses to others, not to mention the ship itself.

And when you're home be sure to drive home from bars and parties after having a few too many drinks as well... as long as you don't get caught, it's ok.

Sorry to be so sarcastic... but REALLY, why does everyone feels rules are just meant to be broken? It is very funny, in an ugly sort of way.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 13th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Beginner

Default sneaking in irons

On my first cruise on Elation in Nov. '08, I wanted to bring my travel iron but could not find it. I'm glad I didn't. Upon disembarking after the four day cruise, I noticed there were boxes by the exit.. full of irons both full/travel sized and candles! I assumed that these were confiscated after the luggage were screened and before delivered to staterooms. I don't know about you folks, but I HATE when customs/TSA (when flying) open my luggage in the airport. The place a slip of paper notifying you that they opened your luggage. I'm sure these folks figured it out when their irons/candles were missing, but I wonder if they were "notified". I have a feeling, in the rush of disembarking, these irons were forgotten. Besides, it didn't look like they were identified.. so how do we know which iron belongs to whom? There were A LOT of them just thrown into a box.

I don't remember reading in any of the travel documents that irons are forbidden on board.

On my 2nd cruise on the Imagination in March'09, I did not notice any boxes of irons or candles at the exit.
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Beginner

A related question. What about things like curling irons, flat irons (or whatever the things are called you use to straighten/press hair), and crimping irons? Oldest daughter just got a flat iron to use on her hair because the humidity makes it very poufy and uncontrollable.

We're leaving Thursday on the Sensation for our first Carnival cruise (just the big girls) and we're starting to think about packing.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecouple
Just in case you haven't used it yet, Downy Wrinkle Remover is great. Whatever items I needed I pressed at home, sprayed a little wrinkle remove, ran over the item with my hand and I was done. .
I was just about to recommend this!

If you do press your clothing before packing, and you find them wrinkled, remember, you can always shower-steam them!

And as someone else said on this thread, it's a cruise. If you have a wrinkle or two in your clothes, it just shows you're having fun.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Beginner

They will take it from you!!! I say NO NO!! They have ironing boards on the ships just ask.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
First Mate

Default Bringing an iron aboard

Who would have thought a topic like this would have generated this many replys. Almost are are great replys. Now for the one or two that insist on bringing an iron aboard, you might want to consider getting a bail bondsman who will take international clients because you will need one when you start a fire aboard a cruise ship in some foreign destination. The logical replys just reflect the great bunch of folks that one can cruise with and know that rules will be followed and safety will be paramont. Certaianly hope I am cruising with you folks and not next to the cabin on fire.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Captain

Default Re: Bringing an iron aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbelt
Who would have thought a topic like this would have generated this many replys. Almost are are great replys. Now for the one or two that insist on bringing an iron aboard, you might want to consider getting a bail bondsman who will take international clients because you will need one when you start a fire aboard a cruise ship in some foreign destination. The logical replys just reflect the great bunch of folks that one can cruise with and know that rules will be followed and safety will be paramont. Certaianly hope I am cruising with you folks and not next to the cabin on fire.
DITTO!
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
ROFL ROFL ... SURE, as long as you can get away with it, ignore the danger in poses to others, not to mention the ship itself.

And when you're home be sure to drive home from bars and parties after having a few too many drinks as well... as long as you don't get caught, it's ok.

Sorry to be so sarcastic... but REALLY, why does everyone feels rules are just meant to be broken? It is very funny, in an ugly sort of way.
My favorite announcement is the one where they have to instruct people not to use perfumed candles in their rooms.
I want to ask "How stupid can people be?" but have answered my own question I think...