CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Staff singing for an Anniversary (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/364893-staff-singing-anniversary.html)

"P" May 28th, 2009 11:15 PM

Staff singing for an Anniversary

I ordered my parents a cake for their Anniversary on Elegant night. Once the staff delivers the cake, Do they sing a song to them? Is so, What song do you remember them singing?[/b]

skymaster May 29th, 2009 08:23 AM

Yep, they'll deliver the cake to your table, then a bunch of the waiters/bus persons will sing "Happy Anniversary To You", to the tune of "Happy Birthday". Not too original, but lots of fun anyway.

Ken
"SKY"

briguy May 29th, 2009 11:16 AM

Suggestion? Follow up with the Maitre D or the Pursers office to confirm the cake on the night you want it. I have experienced problems and when the big night comes no special cake comes with it. If I had been proactive and confirmed if ahead of time while onboard this would not have been a problem. Cake for thought!

hawkeye 68 May 29th, 2009 01:52 PM

My wife and i sailed on the Inspiration once. That week we were celebrating our anniversary. I think i answered a question for carnival of why we were sailing or would we be celebrating an event on this cruise and i marked anniversary. One night at dinner they brought out a cake that had happy anniversary written on the cake, we were both surprised, we had no idea they would do this. Did not request or plan for it, it just happened. nice surprise! :-P

Ron May 29th, 2009 11:12 PM

Yes they normally sing when they bring you cake for B. day or anniversary--usually goes something like this; '' Hoppy Annversy to yo--Hoppy Annversy to yo- or Hoppy burthday to yo, etc. They try. :wink: :wink:

skymaster May 30th, 2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron
Yes they normally sing when they bring you cake for B. day or anniversary--usually goes something like this; '' Hoppy Annversy to yo--Hoppy Annversy to yo- or Hoppy burthday to yo, etc. They try. :wink: :wink:

HMMM, I thought it was:

Hoppy annibersery, two shoes,,,,,Hoppy annibesery, two shoes,,,etc etc..

GREAT song, and you'll NEVER hear it again without thinking about the above lyrics.... :evil:

Ken
"SKY"

Thoth May 30th, 2009 11:39 PM

Their singing is lovely. Maybe they do mess up a word or two.
27 April was my birthday and they sang to me. 8)

colorcrazie May 31st, 2009 03:27 PM

They used to do the cakes for free, but people would suddenly "decide" that they had a birthday or anniversary that week and it got a little nuts. Why people would lie to get a free cake when there is plenty of free food leaves me scratching my head. But, anyway, they started charging for the cakes and they are worth every penny now. Did it once for hubby's birthday and it was yummy. And, the singing is fun. Many of the waiters who can sing either don't speak English that well or they are pretending not to for the song. But, sky is so right. The words come out a little funny. Just part of the fun.
Marty