Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Way to tell on CCLs website if your rate is Early Saver?

Just wondering how I can tell which of our rooms are early saver rates.

This gets complicated but here goes.
March - Booked three rooms; 2 rooms have 2 ppl each; 3rd room had 3 ppl in it. I know for a fact all of these were early saver rates.

Here's where it gets complicated:

A couple of weeks later we called and added a 4th person to that room that already had 3 people in it... I know that she (TA at CCL) did some switching around to get us the best rate for him to be added to the room. I don't know if she switched us from Early Saver to another promo or not... And is it possible that the original three people will stay on the Early Saver rate but the 4th has a different rate or perhaps she included him in the early saver rate also because the room was originally booked and paid in full on early saver rates...

Since then I've added two more rooms; one room has three people, the other room has four people, but I don't know what rate plan. I know I booked it approx. 2 weeks before we cruise. I know she 'tied all of our reservations' together but I don't know if that means that she somehow got them in on the Early Saver rate or they have a totally different promo...

Is there any way to tell on their website? I see Promo Codes by each of our reservation No's...

Room 1 &2 = known early saver room = CODE is OCE
Room 3 (was 3 ppl but added 4th) = CODE is OCEP25
Room 4 & 5 (4 in one room, 3 in other, booked two weeks ago). CODE is OCB-P45

Does anyone know if codes OCE, OCEP25, or OCBP45 are anything to do with Early Saver... or if not what are they?? I know that they're promo codes but I wish I knew what the mean!

I may just have to call my CCL TA and ask her personally what promos we're on....
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Captain

None of those look like codes for early saver to me.

The code for early saver was something like PPB or something close, has Ps in it for sure. I could go look, but im 99.9% sure your codes are not early saver code.
Old May 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Admiral

I don't know the codes But the Early Save Rate had the restrictions that the cabin had to be booked 5 months in advance for 7 day cruises (less for shorter) and the deposit is non-refundable. Does that sound familiar?

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Early saver is 5 months for a 7 day or longer, 3 months for a 6 day or less(i think this is right). The deposit is non-refundable, but for a $50 fee(per person per change) you can change the date or ship for up to a year. I had to take advantage of this due to unforseen circumstances.