Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursions for MAZATLAN, MEXICO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are leaving on a cruise on October 4 th. I have booked two tours so far but for this port I can't seem to decide on what tour to take in Mazatlan. Can anyone recommend a good tour for this port. We would like to see the it all but can't, We were hoping you all might have suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Admiral

next year is my turn to visit there. I'm open to ideas.
Personally, the Sierra Madre tours into the mountains sound enticing.
Visits a adobe brickyard, Malpica village, see crafts being made by hand, Concordia and its 18th century baroque church, stops a local restaurant or two, town of Copala with cobblestone streets and colonial buildings, and shopping time back in Mazatlan.
Then again, I might opt for a biking or walking tour.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Admiral

We did the Mexican Riviera many times when we lived in LA. And the Sierra Madre tour was hands down the best in my opinion. Saw more of what their lives are like, plus how they make things. If they still stop at the wood carving shop, buy something! Mostly, it is furniture, which you can't exactly carry back onto the ship, but I picked up some wooden frames that were made from scraps of the different woods they use. Different colors inlaid to make native designs. Wish I had picked up a dozen!
Have fun!
Marty
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
We did the Mexican Riviera many times when we lived in LA. And the Sierra Madre tour was hands down the best in my opinion. Saw more of what their lives are like, plus how they make things. If they still stop at the wood carving shop, buy something! Mostly, it is furniture, which you can't exactly carry back onto the ship, but I picked up some wooden frames that were made from scraps of the different woods they use. Different colors inlaid to make native designs. Wish I had picked up a dozen!
Have fun!
Marty
Thanks Marty. The tours sounds like the "real" Mexico.

/ticker.png">
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Try Randi's happy horses. Best thing I ever did. Liked it so much I rode 3 times in 3 years.

Candi
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim

We are taking the Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruise Jan 31-feb7, 2010 as our first Cruise. We plan on taking that excursion too. You said you already booked excursions? They told us we couldn't do that until 30 days prior to sailing but best to do it once onboard. We are trying to prepay as much as possible in advance so it's nothing but Fun when we go, no worrying about money. We've even purchased fun ship dollars (which we are getting loads of conflicting info on and will be my first post I start here) so if we can schedule the excursions up front that would be awesome.
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maumekim
We are taking the Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruise Jan 31-feb7, 2010 as our first Cruise. We plan on taking that excursion too. You said you already booked excursions? They told us we couldn't do that until 30 days prior to sailing but best to do it once onboard. We are trying to prepay as much as possible in advance so it's nothing but Fun when we go, no worrying about money. We've even purchased fun ship dollars (which we are getting loads of conflicting info on and will be my first post I start here) so if we can schedule the excursions up front that would be awesome.
Hi maumekim someone gave you bad advice. I suggest you book shore excusion before you leave. The best ones will be booked up before you board the ship. You don't want to miss out. Plus like you said it's nice to prepay in advance. Are you registered with Carnival? If so just check back for time to time. I'm pretty sure we were able to book shore excusions sooner then 30 days out. However, right now may be a little early. Oh some first time cruise tips. If you want to get your hair done for formal night then once you board the ship go up to the salon and book your hair appointment. The same thing for the specialty restuarant. Here is a link to the FAQs about shore excursions. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Ex...Q_Landing.aspx

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Katlady is correct. It IS best to book in advance, provided of course one knows what they want.
I booked my September shore excursions back in April...what's that 5 months?
It really is a piece of cake,.... browse the Carnival site,... think it over for awhile, ....book your dream excursion at 0100 in the morning if you wish....credit card bill comes,...pay it off...later tickets are in stateroom.

/ticker.png">