Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:40 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Early Saver protection - Problem Resolved

**Our Carnvial Vacaion planner, Mario, looked into our denial and in a new email from Carnival they explained that the problem was in mixing promotions. We had pre-paid a deposit during our cruise on the Freedom givining us $100 OBC then booked the Early Saver fare. They conflicted but my rate has been adjusted and the OBC is still there - Hurray Carnival**

We book the Early Saver rate for our next cruise. Carnival's web site is now showing $60 cheaper prices for Past Guest and Resident fares. In the past we would have just called out Vacation rep and she would have lowered our price to the lower rate.

Guess that is all gone now. Oh well, it's basically what I expected from Carnival when they came up with the "Better" way.

-------------------------------------------

We regret to advise that your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. Please visit www.carnival.com/earlysaver for Terms & Conditions on exercising a price protection. The fare requested is for our BL TBA Fun Saver category, therefore cannot be extended to the 8B Fun Select cabin assignment reserved.

Regards,

Carnival Online Community

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Admiral

For the same cabin, sail date, and occupancy if you find any lower fare they are required under law to give you that fare. It is part of their early saver contract, which legally binds them as much as it does you. If you pay close attention then sometimes you can get a price reduction. I did for my early saver fare, though the travel agent didn't like that too much.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Carnival Early Saver protection basically useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMiller
We book the Early Saver rate for our next cruise. Carnival's web site is now showing $60 cheaper prices for Past Guest and Resident fares. In the past we would have just called out Vacation rep and she would have lowered our price to the lower rate.

Guess that is all gone now. :cry: Oh well, it's basically what I expected from Carnival when they came up with the "Better" way.

-------------------------------------------

We regret to advise that your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. Please visit www.carnival.com/earlysaver for Terms & Conditions on exercising a price protection. The fare requested is for our BL TBA Fun Saver category, therefore cannot be extended to the 8B Fun Select cabin assignment reserved.

Regards,

Carnival Online Community
I'm confused. Did you book ES or FS? Which cabin category? If the price reduction you saw was for a different category than the one you booked then you aren't entitled to the price drop. If the drop was a lot lower than what you paid you might be able to get an upgrade. Two of my traveling companions did this when the 8A balconies dropped below what they paid for an OV. They were moved up two decks. The ES works when handled correctly.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We are sailing on the Inspiration and we booked the early saver and saved so much money as the prices dropped. I was even able to give each cabinmate 100.00 extra on the on board credit. I also booked early saver for a balcony cabin on the Sensation in Oct and we paid only 269.00 each person using early saver.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli

BobMiller;

Did you book w/a TA? If you did that agent needs to go to there BookCCL
site and file a "claim" for that lower rate. I hope the lower rate you are mentioning is for the same cabin category. We have done this for our
clients and it has worked out for them. It takes 2 or 3 days to get your old rate adjusted.

Sorry you are having a hard time w/this issue. I hope you can get it taken care of.

Take care;

Lee & Kelli
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Bob it looks like your TA tried to switch to a guaranteed balcony. I thought for Early Saver you had to book a specific cabin.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Early Saver protection basically useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraway

I'm confused. Did you book ES or FS? Which cabin category? If the price reduction you saw was for a different category than the one you booked then you aren't entitled to the price drop. If the drop was a lot lower than what you paid you might be able to get an upgrade. Two of my traveling companions did this when the 8A balconies dropped below what they paid for an OV. They were moved up two decks. The ES works when handled correctly.
I see what you mean. We booked an 8B with the Early saver using our Carnival Vacation planner but wording of the denial implies that we are booked as a Fun Saver fare. The lower price included free upgrades through 8G so would include our cabin and upgrades to an even "better" cabin.

If they have us booked as Fun Saver then the fare would be refundable and I should be able to rebook for the lower rate. I will contact our Carnival rep and see if I can rebook at the lower rate. It has gone up $20 but the fact that we could still take advantage of the lower price will take a lot of edge off of the disappointment that they would not follow through on the price guarantee.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:29 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro
We are sailing on the Inspiration and we booked the early saver and saved so much money as the prices dropped. I was even able to give each cabinmate 100.00 extra on the on board credit. I also booked early saver for a balcony cabin on the Sensation in Oct and we paid only 269.00 each person using early saver.
I'm glad that it has worked for someone. Was there a specific fare code that had to drop to get the lower price?

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeandKelli
BobMiller;

Did you book w/a TA? If you did that agent needs to go to there BookCCL
site and file a "claim" for that lower rate. I hope the lower rate you are mentioning is for the same cabin category. We have done this for our
clients and it has worked out for them. It takes 2 or 3 days to get your old rate adjusted.

Sorry you are having a hard time w/this issue. I hope you can get it taken care of.

Take care;

Lee & Kelli
We booked directly with Carnival using one of their vacation planners. I checked our information on-line and we have promo code OES so it looks like we have the early saver fare booked. I filled out the on-line request for the lower fare. The new fare includes free upgrades to and past our 8B cabin but as a technicality they may be disallowing that to count.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
For the same cabin, sail date, and occupancy if you find any lower fare they are required under law to give you that fare. It is part of their early saver contract, which legally binds them as much as it does you. If you pay close attention then sometimes you can get a price reduction. I did for my early saver fare, though the travel agent didn't like that too much.
That's what I was hoping when I booked the fare. If I found a lower price for the same cabin I could get the difference refunded. Seems to be some technicality that is keeping that from happening for me.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

I also booked Early Saver fare via my TA and then later found a cheaper price on Carnivals site for the same room category. In trying to get Carnival to honor the cheaper price I had a couple denial emails come through as well so don't give up.

Whoever booked the trip is who has to complete the form.

The information on the form has to be precise. If you saw the cheaper price under the Past Guest category, then you have to say that. You cannot just reference the price...nit-picky if you ask me.

Don't worry, 8 days went by before mine was finally honored. They know what prices they launched so they will honor your request if/when the claim form is completed correctly.

Good luck!

Old June 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Passenger

I booked early saver and it has worked great. Just make sure you are looking at the same cabin category and sail date, fill out the forms and within 48 hours they will respond. Because we have made final payment already (under 60 days to sail), everything comes in the form of On Board Credit. I have recieved $690 in OBC between 2 rooms, last week. We have reduced the total price of our trip by 30% since we booked in February through 3 different price reductions. They will continue to credit up untl 2 days before sailing. The only thing that will suck is I'm pretty confident some of the OBC will be used for a reinstated fuel surcharge by July.

Good luck.
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bobmiller;

Here is the fare code for the Early saver, PPB. When you booked under that promotion you had to select a cabin, not just a category. You should have already had your cabin assigned to you when you booked. You should still be able to get the lower rate? I wasn't sure if you used a TA or not but some TA's will be somewhat "hesitant" to get you the lower rate.
If your TA won't help you then maybe look elsewhere? Like you said maybe you are under a different promotion and you can get a refund and rebook?? Good luck and keep us posted!

Lee & Kelli
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I booked an early saver in Feb for July and we got a fabulous rate. Hundreds of dollars less than if the early saver wasn't offered....

Like the previous poster said, good luck, keep us posted...
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:18 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb

Don't worry, 8 days went by before mine was finally honored. They know what prices they launched so they will honor your request if/when the claim form is completed correctly.

Good luck!
Thanks for all of the replys and suggestions.

Our PP at Carnival found a conflict in the promotions we had booked. We Pre paid the deposit on a previous cruise (a test promotion) for a $100 OBC then booked the Early Savers.

Mario got everything straightened out for us and our final payment is $120 less now and we still have our OBC. Looks like he even changed the promotion code so we will not have the same problem going forward.

LLB's advice is good, don't give up.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good for you!

Old June 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well done!

Enjoy that cruise now...

Lee & Kelli
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Passenger

Glad it is taken care of. We booked back in Sept of last year and everytime I called to make a payment my PVP check the rates and lowered my price each time. By the time I was done my price on all our fares was about $200 cheaper that was originally quoted.
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Early saver workedgreat for us. We kept seeing the lower prices for the suite Cat 11 go down and kept submitting them. We went down from $1149 to 751 each for the five of us but it was hard work to keep watching it and submitting it. We booked it ourselves direct with Carnival.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Captain

Before the went to the Early Savers Program, our PVP always lowered the rate whenever possible. I had to call him at least once a month and have him check the price for me.

I am afraid of the no refund policy on this promotion. Too many what if's booking so far in advance. Does anyone know if it can be combined with the military discount?

AKcruiser
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I booked the Early Saver with my TA and I remember her asking if anyone traveling was in the military so I venture to say yes, you can get that discount. I couldn't

If you are in the military, thank you for the personal sacrifices you make to serve our country.

Old June 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Captain

We are booked early saver for our cruise in Feb. I checked with my PVP and she said this was a lower rate than the Mil. discount. I believe you can't get both discounts on the same cruise. This is the way I understand it. May be wrong, but it is my take on it.
Gary I.
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old June 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Captain

Thanks so much. My husband is a 20 year Air Force Veteran. I'm happy that Carnival extends the military discount to retired military. Current active duty service members certainally deserve kudos for their service as does those who served before them.

AKcruiser
Old June 11th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

AKcruiser...

We agree, thank you for your service to our country and thank you to all our active military & veterans. I can't think of a more relaxing vacation other then a cruise for them, or anyone else for that matter.

Enjoy;

Lee & Kelli