Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Default Supper Club - Dress Code?

I just reserved the supper club for one of our at sea nights and i was wondering what the dress code. Obviously if it is a formal night then we will dress formal. If it isn't a formal night is what we would wear to the regular dining room okay to wear?
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were told Smart Elegant dress code, DH was required to wear a jacket and tie.
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
First Mate

You will find on Carnival the dress code will be a lot less than other lines however officially the code is that which is for that day however since this is a first class experience I have always preferred a coat with a tie being optional however you will see everything just as in the main dining room,
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

and I would tell hubby to wear loose fitting pants! The elastic couldn't stretch enough by the time we got out of there!
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Regardless of what night it is I would recomend at least a sports coat, dress shirt and slacks for the Supper Club. We did the Emerald Room twice on our last cruise and thats what I wore both nights. As did all of the other men that were there on those evenings. Some had ties, some didnt. But treat it as if you were going to any upscale restaurant, ie Mortons, Capital Grille, etc. Have a great trip.

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I didn't know you could reserve the Supper Club in advance. I thought you had to wait until on board. How do you reserve it in advance?

Old June 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did the supper club on the Miracle last year. While we were dressed formal because we renewed our vows for our 25th I did see a gentleman at another table wearing a dress shirt and dress slacks. Everyone else there that evening did have suits and ladies had anything from nice pantsuits to dresses.
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Though they encourage folks to dress up a bit for the Supper Club, I have seen people there several times in casual clothing, and even sweat suits.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Why would you come to a nice restaurant in sweat clothes. Guess my question would be is this your dress code in your home town.
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum
Why would you come to a nice restaurant in sweat clothes. Guess my question would be is this your dress code in your home town.
Unfortunately Carnival has kind of "done this" to themselves. They chose to eliminate formal nights, and allow shorts in their dining rooms on casual nights... basically eliminating any dress codes... no doubt catering to what they felt their passengers wanted.

Though I do think it's better than what they did before... have dress codes with no enforcement.

I always think it odd on ships when the waiters are dressed better than those they're serving.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
First Mate

Guess those on other lines like the more formal evenings and even there they have gone to a more relaxed code however they are listening to their loyal cruisers. Totally agree with your comment on waiters better dressed better than those who are being served.Did notice on the 49 day Splendor cruise the dress was much more formal and am sure this was somewhat because of an older group and also the length of the cruise.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Re. the question about booking in advance, just go to the Carnival website. Your booking number will take you to a page where you can do the FunPass, print out doc's and luggage tags, but also reserve shore excursions and the supper club.
Marty
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Default Supper Club dress code

Here's a sample of a card you get when you make a reservation in the supper club.

NOTE: Dress Code and what is not permitted. Also, on formal nights the dress code is "Cruise Elegant".

[img] http://kzonca.net/Photos/SupperClub-Smaller.jpg [/img]
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Familiar Face

This is just the information I need! Thanks for posting ...also regarding dressing for dinner...Is it okay to dress up nicely (elegant) for dinner every night or is that too much?

And how can you decide what night to choose the supper club? DH and I are booked on Conquest in October and want to try it out

The wait is now down to 4 months woohoo!!
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Dress up as much and as often as you please. You may be one of only a few on the casual nights, but who cares. I sometimes dress up more often than others because I don't have many opportunities to wear some of my cruise clothes. Living in Florida, dress styles in general are much more casual than I am used to. I'm okay with that, but I hate for some of my pretty stuff to feel lonely and neglected.
Marty
Old June 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Dress up as much and as often as you please. You may be one of only a few on the casual nights, but who cares. I sometimes dress up more often than others because I don't have many opportunities to wear some of my cruise clothes. Living in Florida, dress styles in general are much more casual than I am used to. I'm okay with that, but I hate for some of my pretty stuff to feel lonely and neglected.
Marty
Very useful thread. We are seriously thinking of book a Carnival cruise. Looking at various possibilities at present by due to their policy of allowing infants, it looks as if Carnival is a favourite.

Yes, we wanted to join the super club also. Both my husband and I have a tendency to overdress, especially taking into account that we're in our 20s but I feel very much like you. I love the opportunity to wear pretty clothes. He's pretty comfortable in a tux also. We miss the days when he studied at Oxford and we had plenty of opportunity to dress up. I was a bit worried though to come across as a right snob. It seems that formal dress is fine then.