Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Default 3 friends-1 room question

2 of my friends and I are thinking of taking a cruise together...I tried to research Carnivals room types and I see they have some Queen bed rooms with sofa convertible to twin...has anyone had these? I was looking for a balcony as well.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Admiral

The queen can actually be split into two singles and the couch makes into a bed in balcony rooms. You should be all set.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I frequently cruise with two other guests in my room. Carnival has many different types of rooms~the queen bed and the sofa, two twins and a bunk, two twins and a sofa, a queen and a bunk, etc. etc. The sofa bed wasn't horrible, the bunk is not meant for larger people. Call Carnival and ask for what you want and they will tell you what they have available.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Admiral

On our first cruise we had a cat 11 and the sofa was cumfy to sit on but terrible to sleep on.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 12th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli

You will have no problem w/three in a room.

Find out what the sleeping arrangements are before you book and enjoy your cruise. The square footage is about the same in all cabins but the suites are a little bigger

Have fun!

Lee & Kelli
Old June 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Admiral

it's not so much about the bed as it is the bathroom..get the largest category cabin you can afford and work out a schedule

I once share a cabin with two females..it was fun I was always the last one back to the cabin at night and the first one up and out in the morning..it all worked out for us, because most men only take 10 minutes to shower,shave and dress
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Unless you are booking a suite, I don't think that the bathroom sizes change that much. I have slept on the couch and found it quite comfortable. But, the pull down beds that are available even in some on the cheapest cabins will also work for you. So, pick the cabin category that works for you and book one with either the pull down or the couch.
And do work out a bathroom schedule for showering, etc. Plenty of hot water, so just a simple "you first, then me, then her" can work. And remember to ask your cabin steward for extra towels. They tend to stock all the cabins based on 2 in a cabin.
Marty
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: 3 friends-1 room question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldug
2 of my friends and I are thinking of taking a cruise together...I tried to research Carnivals room types and I see they have some Queen bed rooms with sofa convertible to twin...has anyone had these? I was looking for a balcony as well.[/b]
I often cruise with three or four in a balcony cabin. It's not a problem. There's enough room for all and the balcony gives you a separate area to take a deep breath. The convertible sofa is not a pullout but rather a fold-down. It's firm but I've found it to be comfortable enough.

I've never had to make a schedule for the bathroom. If you find it a problem, you can always use the showers/restrooms in the spa. The stewards have always made sure there were plenty of towels and washcloths without having to be asked.

Enjoy!
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Beginner

We three ladies had 3 in a quad inside. The first night, the steward pulled down one of the bunks that was directly over one of the twins. The person in the lower bed could not comfortably sit on her bed without ducking.The next day we asked the steward to please make down the other bunk instead because it was perpendicular to the bunk below it and not directly parallel over it. That meant that the bunk was over only the foot end of that bed, leaving the head end in the open.
I understand that the top bunk was maybe not the most comfortable in the world, but no real complaints from our 50-something 180 lb roomie. We were just happy to be there.
Sharing the bathroom was not that big of a deal. Just quick in and out of the shower. There are mirrors in the rest of the cabin for the finish work. Also, we located public restrooms for handling more extended sit-down jobs, if nature called more than one at the same time. (Don't forget the Sudoku!)Also, we each had a different colored mesh laundry bag ($1 @ Dollar Tree Store) on a suction-cup hook for our dirty clothes. No hamper to eat up floor space.