Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Passenger

Default CARNIVAL PRIDE INFO NEEDED

I AM GOING ON A CRUISE ON THE CANRNIVAL PRIDE LEAVING OUT OF BALTIMORE GOING TO THE BAHAMAS ON DECEMBER 6, 2009. I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS I SO HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ANSWER. FIRST, I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW OBSTRUCTED THE VIEW IS IN CABIN 5189 CATEGORY 7A, A PIC WOULD BE A GIFT FROM HEAVEN. ALSO MY CHILDREN WHO ARE IN THE 30'S AGE GROUP WANT TO KNOW IF THE D J ON BOARD PLAYS R&B/RAP MUSIC AT THE NIGHT CLUB. PLEASE HELP I AM LOSING HOPE THAT I WILL GET THE ANSWER WHICH WOULD BE A GREAT BLESSING. THANKS BETTY
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:30 PM
First Mate

First...welcome! Second, please do not post in ALL CAPS! It is considered shouting and it's a bit hard to read.

Third..i cruise the Pride next weekend 6/20 so when I come back i will see if i can help. Won't be able to look at cabins....but maybe i can check out the club.

Some of those cabins are blocked by the lifeboats. Not sure in this case, but someone else can probably help.

http://community.webshots.com/user/megr1125
That's for my photos and videos!

And..for Enchantment OTS photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mojitome...mentOfTheSeas#

Nov/Dec 2009 Explorer B2B photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mojitome...sB2BNovDec2009#

And Explorer B2B Video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cruisermeg
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Passenger

Default thanks

You are very kind to offer your help. I cannot tell you how very appreciative I am. I cannot wait for you to return from your trip. Who knows maybe you will become best friends with the mates in cabin 5189 and I will know if life boats block my view. Much Thanks, Betty
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Captain

Check out the map of the ships layout. I think if youre on deck 5 thats where the lifeboats are. Just look for your room on the map and see if there are the boats around it. If so you may be seeing orange and white for 7 days. Also, it seems that all the DJ's play hip hop these days. Thats the music of our times. You can request some songs too so if they are into rap they may get some of that as well. Enjoy!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Beginner

Default TRAVELING IN 7A STATEROOM ON 07/24

Hi Shay,

I will be traveling in a 7A on 07/24/09. I have wondered myself if the lifeboats would really block the view. I was told you could sit and look straight out, but dont look down. The $$deal on the room was too good to pass up, the price was the same as a inside cabin on the Riviera deck which I heard was not so good. I have cruised in an inside cabin before and barely spent time in the room but when I did, I felt completely claustrophobic. I will take a pic and post upon my return in August 09.

chat soon!!!
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have thought about upgrading to an 8B cabin so I can't wait to hear what you find out. Be sure to let me know what your cabin number is. I'll be waiting on pins and needles. Thanks
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Well, if you go to Webshots.com you can look up pics for the pride. I found an obstructed veiw on deck 4, it looks like it is smack dab in the middle of the life boat row... therefore, it's possible deck 5's obstructed veiw might be the tops of the life boats..... your cabin on the deck plan has the outline of a lifebaot right in the middle of it.

This probably doesn't really help but it was fun to look up.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 17th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: CARNIVAL PRIDE INFO NEEDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylorraine
ALSO MY CHILDREN WHO ARE IN THE 30'S AGE GROUP WANT TO KNOW IF THE D J ON BOARD PLAYS R&B/RAP MUSIC AT THE NIGHT CLUB.
Hi Betty.

Is this because they want to hear (C)rap music, or not? If it's R&B, your children have good taste.

If the Pride is anything like the Carnival Imagination, your kids might find themselves in a "time warp" as far as music goes. My experience was that nothing after 1995 was played...anywhere...on the ship. Not that I minded....but it was a bit "weird".