Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Default Dream Ship

Hi All. Is anyone booked on the new Dream ship? I've been thinking about booking a cabin for Aug 2010.
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Yes
Booked the 9 day Eastern Caribbean 12/03/09.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Familiar Face

Yes, but it is a lonnngg way off.....04/30/2011.
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are really along way off but excited about being on the Dream
Sept 25, 2010
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Booked on the Nov 23rd sail from NYC. Does the Dream have any time dining?
Old June 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser888
Booked on the Nov 23rd sail from NYC. Does the Dream have any time dining?
Yes
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old June 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Captain

I would love to book the Dream but in my heart I cant do that itenirary. I have done it too many times its not worth it to me to do it again just to sail on the new ship. Wouldnt it be nice if new ships sailed seldom visited places? That would be a real dream!!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I'm just getting ready to call my favorite agent and have her look at "Dream" for Feb or March of '10. That's when the prices seem to drop, and that's when I could probably get loose for a fabulous 7 day cruise. Everything I've read about "Dream" really gets me excited, especially the new two level "Serenity" adult area. PERFECT IMO. I'll let y'all know if I get booked.

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Well, I'm getting closer to booking. Looking at March 13th, or February 27th, both Eastern as I like ports and schedule a little bit better. I haven't nailed it down yet, but probably will tomorrow.

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Beginner

We are booked for 1/9/10 on the western carribean cruise
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Well, I backed off my "Dream" booking. It's still a bit high IMO. I booked the "Liberty" instead, for only about 60% of what it would have cost me to book "Dream", and of course, it's still a 7 day cruise. I figure "Dream" will be here for quite some time, and I'll catch her eventually. As soon as the newness wears off, the price will come down, and me and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) will get to sail her. (Actually, it just occurred to me that my 25th Carnival cruise is coming up fast, and with the discount for that cruise, I can probably do a really NICE "Dream" cruise later in the year!) HMMMM, sure glad I thought of that!

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Well, I backed off my "Dream" booking. It's still a bit high IMO. I booked the "Liberty" instead, for only about 60% of what it would have cost me to book "Dream", and of course, it's still a 7 day cruise. I figure "Dream" will be here for quite some time, and I'll catch her eventually. As soon as the newness wears off, the price will come down, and me and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) will get to sail her. (Actually, it just occurred to me that my 25th Carnival cruise is coming up fast, and with the discount for that cruise, I can probably do a really NICE "Dream" cruise later in the year!) HMMMM, sure glad I thought of that!

Ken
"SKY"
Sky
You may already know this but I did not so I will throw it out there. I thought the 25th cruise credit would be automatic but it is not. You have to call a special number and request it. Also I was told by Carnival that it does not have to be used exactly on the 25th cruise. If you are going to take a more expensive cruise later you can save it. They also gave me grief about requesting it too close to cruise time saying that since it was so close I might not get the credit on that trip (I did).
HAL Statendam
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Default Dream info

Other than the carnival website can anyone give me some info on the ship itself. Hubby and I are going to take the kids in Oct. 2010 and can't decied on Disney (again) or Dream. Sounds dreamy but anyone have any info - a link to an article or something would be great.
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Scurvy, thanks for that information. No I was not aware of all the details of that discount, but your information will be VERY helpful! Thanks!
Singing Mommy, I've seen several articles in reference to "Dream", and they all sound GREAT, but I honestly don't know where to point you to find anything new. One of the things that really "lit my fire" was the new Adult Serenity area, which is two decks high, and has lots and lots of really nice sounding padded loungers, hammocks, and others "dreamy" things. If you really are a "singing mommy" you'll probably enjoy Carnival more than Disney, (I know it'll be less expensive!) because of the entertainment, karaoke, and other venues pointed at those of us who enjoy singing. I always do the "Legends" show, which is really a lot of fun, and karaoke is usually every evening if you're so inclined. We usually have a GREAT group there. Come on along!

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Passenger

my fire is lit as well - Adult Serenity area to the max!!!! Sounds like a good time. I've been looking for some info on the reviews and whatnot but since it has not been out in the us Ive not seen much. Thank for the info!!!
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Beginner

I was at utube the other day. There is a video on there of the Dream ship on its test cruise. There is a posting on Facebook at a Carnival site that said its sailing till early July for testing.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
First Mate

I'm booked for Sept 2010 and I can't wait!!! I love the larger ships and this one looks just "dreamy"
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

My family and I will be on her in exactaly 363 days..July 31, 2010.
And we can not wait.