Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Advice on rooms to avoid on Liberty

I am almost ready to book my cruise and am wondering for those who have crusied on Liberty what rooms to avoid for the inside state rooms and really where is the best place to look for a room? I know some say different parts of the ship but since I am not really sure I need your advice. Here are the current rooms showing,2295,2317,2341,2421,2425,2294,2326,2338,23 78 and 2406. When I look at the ship map I am not exactly sure what I am looking at. Like what is behind the elevators? And what is the blank space between rooms?Thanks in advance
april
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi April!

I hope you get some good advice as I'm not the best person to answer but I do know that I previously stayed in 2403 on the Glory (same class ship as Liberty). I liked it because it wasn't right on top of the elevators which I think tend to get noisy; poople congregating etc... However, others like being close to the elevators for convenience purposes. I don't recall there being rooms across from us which is probably the blank spaces you're seeing. There was a laundry room across the hall and down a few so maybe the blank spaces are rooms used for other purposes; not guest rooms. I liked that because again, cuts down on noise.

I'll be curious to see what the others say as it will be an education for me too!

Old June 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Familiar Face

I am bumping this back up so I can get help!
april
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Passenger

I have a good one. Avoid choosing cabins on deck 6 (upper). Specifically, the fwd and aft cabins. Most of these cabins are directly above the lounges and dance clubs. I've stayed in both the fwd and aft cabins of this ship. Depending on where the cabin is located in the aft section, you may or may not hear the noises coming from deck 5. And in any of the fwd cabins, you will probably hear most of the noise coming from the main show lounge. When I stayed in the fwd cabin, one day, I was able to hear the song ABBA-Dancing Queen through the floor of my cabin and in the hallways being played over and over again like a broken record. They were either doing a rehearsal or giving dance lessons. At other times, I was able to hear the audience clapping through the floor.
Carnival Miracle 12/23/08
Carnival Legend 4/1/07
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06,11/21/06
Caribbean Princess 5/28/05
Norwegian Wind 3/20/04
Carnival Legend 12/20/02, 3/18/03
Carnival Fascination 11/1/02
Carnival Victory 3/17/02
Carnival Triumph 3/17/01
RCI Majesty Of The Seas 1/5/01
Carnival Ecstasy 1/15/99, 2/04/00
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Well, oddly enough, all the cabins you noted EXCEPT ONE, have bunks as well as the two double beds, which can be pushed together to make a queen, if you desire. With that in mind, if you DON'T need the bunks, I'd choose 2378. That's the only one that doesn't show bunks. Of all the others, I'd choose 2295, 2294, 2421, or 2378. To me, these are the best locations on deck 2, where all these are located. The rest are pretty much the same, except 2425 which I'd not choose because it's right next to the stairs, or 2314, which is next to a blank cabin, which probably is where the ice machine is located, and might be noisy. None of these cabins is way far forward, or way far aft, and therefore probably will be O.K.
Good luck, and IMO you're in GOOD shape, with most any of these cabins.

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

We cruised on the MS Liberty, November 2007. We were in cabin # 7334, port side, balcony. It was a very nice cabin, (standard balcony cabin), We always book a cabin in this area. The better off you are, middle & middle of the ship.

Oh yea... this ship has a wonderful "Oyster Bar"

You'll like this ship. Dave & Diane.

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you thank you thank you for the replies. This will be our first cruise and all the help us greatful!
april
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
First Mate

"Oyster Bar" WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO 8)
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Admiral

I would recommend looking at the floor layouts not only of the floor you are looking for cabins on, but what is on or near that location on the the decks above and below the cabin.

You want to make sure you are not above or below the main lounge, or other music areas, disco, etc. which I would assume are noisy due to the late shows.

I was on M118 on Sensation, an outer cabin. it was halfway between the two stairway/elevator areas so not a lot of noise as people congregated.

On my next cruise, I'll be in E189 (Imagination), which is inside a small inner/inner hallway that is in between the inside rooms near the rear of the ship. This has an upper and lower bunk, which is fine as I'm cruising solo.

This will mean low hallway noise as there are only 4-5 of these staterooms in that tiny hallway. I will have similar staterooms below me and a dining room above me. I don't expect that to be noisy late at night after the dinner hours are over.

I'll be just a few feet away form the cabins that look out over the back (stern) of the ship so maybe I'll be able to ask one of them if I can go out just to see what the view is like from that type of cabin.

I also like the fact that it's the bottom floor of the Atrium and the Internet cafe, art gallery, guedst services, etc. are there - though I expect to have wi-fi in my cabin. So it's not a secluded "cabins only" floor.

Whatever room you end up getting, remember that you can always bring earplugs to sleep at night, and there is no such thins as a "BAD" cabin on a cruise ship. Any cabin is better than NO cabin!