CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   My worst vacation ever...... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/365382-my-worst-vacation-ever.html)

janecruise June 17th, 2009 10:48 AM

My worst vacation ever......

.....was when I discovered I had to walk the pier when we docked.....no cool "people movers"....like at the airport!!

Dave the Wave June 17th, 2009 11:05 AM

You gotta be kidding me :!: :-? :shock: :roll:

janecruise June 17th, 2009 12:19 PM

Yes, just kidding.....

Yes, I am just kidding.....I was being sarcastic after reading the post of "the worst vacation ever"....I enjoy my cruises on Carnival....even the hamburgers and hotdogs on the buffet!

getsemani1 June 17th, 2009 12:41 PM

My worst vacation ever was back in '06 when I surprised my husband with a cruise to Key West and Cozumel, and his sister died in Puerto Rico while we were sailing. We all knew that it was a matter of time before she died, being that she had kidney failure, but his missing his sister's funeral was a tremendous blow to him.

I vowed to myself never, I repeat, NEVER go on vacation with my husband again and I've been good to my word. I'm ready to cruise with my children and enjoy myself as much as possible.

briguy June 17th, 2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsemani1
My worst vacation ever was back in '06 when I surprised my husband with a cruise to Key West and Cozumel, and his sister died in Puerto Rico while we were sailing. We all knew that it was a matter of time before she died, being that she had kidney failure, but his missing his sister's funeral was a tremendous blow to him.

I vowed to myself never, I repeat, NEVER go on vacation with my husband again and I've been good to my word. I'm ready to cruise with my children and enjoy myself as much as possible.

Until your husband dies while youre sailing with the kids and you will be the one who feels like crap.

green_rd June 17th, 2009 05:02 PM

... was my first cruise. They made me get off the ship after 7 days. I think there is still a railing on the Glory where they had to pry my fingers off!

No, just kidding, it was great.
http://www.testriffic.com/resultfile...tewie_evil.jpg

getsemani1 June 17th, 2009 06:58 PM

My husband's cruising experience was marred by his sister passing away, and he never wants to cruise again. He associates cruising with his missing his sister's funeral. I, on the other hand, have opted to move on, and show our children that we must move on, even when tragedy hits us dead on.

The reason I say "never" is because the experience was horrible and I felt guilty that he missed being there with his family during a time of deep sorrow. He blamed me incessantly, because I practically "forced" him to go on a trip when he didn't want to.

kevin c June 17th, 2009 07:28 PM

your pathetic, no more to say.

Trip June 17th, 2009 07:40 PM

Jane, don't you just hate when things like that happen? They made me sit by the pool and eat all I wanted...for shame..I think a letter to Carnival is in order LOL LOL

marilole June 17th, 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsemani1

hmmm.. insensitive, perhaps? :shock:

misguidedangel June 17th, 2009 08:27 PM

The walk to the pier and from the pier is the best!! Ya, some piers are long, but the anticipation is worth it!!!

My grandmother died and my aunt/uncle didn't even make it to the funeral. They were on holidays in the Dominican Republic and left the morning of the funeral! They couldn't leave early, so they went to the graveside the next day.

Don't jump over the poster cuz she cruises without he husband, it is her choice and leave it at that....

katlady June 17th, 2009 08:53 PM

My worst cruise was when the female table mate about my mom's age hit on me the entire cruise. She never made eye contact with me, she couldn't move her eyes from my chest. My hubby was sitting next to me at the table. It was a really strange experience.

I also hate the way the Carnival makes the food taste so good that I end up eating to much and gain weight. Mmm Chocolate Melting Cake. :D Bad Carnival!!!