Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:12 PM
First Mate

Default RollerDonna's Reviews!

Hey RollerDonna -

I didn't want to reply to all of your individual 8-part reviews but leave you a BIG THANK YOU message here; perhaps others will too.

Your review, complete with blow-by-blow descriptions and incredible pictures was terrific and I feel as though I just went on a virtual cruise myself.

Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
First Mate

Totally fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to do that! I loved it!
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Donna, That was the best review i have ever seen anywhere. I want to thank you for all the beautiful pics the detailed review. Oh my God i am jsut in awe of how great it was. We leave for that Cruise on the Freedom in 310 more days. Our group is so excited to go. Now I want everyone to red it from our group. Thank you again and again. You are wonderful and the hard work was so nice for all of us. I spent the afternoon here at my puter with you and your cruise. Totally enjoyable. Thanks again.. Charlene 8)
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Rollerdonna's reviews are the next best thing to being there!
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much for such a fantastic review of not only the ship but the fun you had in the ports of call. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us fellow cruise adicts!

We cruise in 14 days, short 4 day on the Fantasy then we have our first 7 day on the Conquest booked for Sept (sooo excited as it's also first time for a balcony...extended aft! I may be spoiled now!)

If you happen to have any other pictures of your cabin or the size of the balcony, would you please share them or pm me with them.

Thanks!

Conquest, September, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2008
Fantasy, June, 2008
Fantasy, September, 2007
Ecstasy, September, 2006
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B
Rollerdonna's reviews are the next best thing to being there!
Paul.. you're right... they are terrific!!!

Only thing is if they were all posted in the same thread (like we do our virtual cruise reports), each day would be together, and could even be made a "stickie" to remain readable for awhile.

Sadly, the way Donna chooses to do it, all that hard work disappears as the pages on the message boards move along. Even doing a search for them will pick up one at a time later, instead of the whole story.

They're always a fun read, but pity they weren't kept together, where they could be archived more easily.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Great Review Donna!

Thanks for sharing the fun. I really appreciated your in depth coverage of the excursions since we are always on the lookout for the best way to optimize our time in port.

Oddly enough the back window was broken on our cruise in December also. I was surprised that it was not fixed by the end of our cruise but am really taken aback that it is still broken.

Compared to other ships, I also noticed the diminished availability of food in the afternoon. Even the fish and chips station was only open a short time during the day.

Glad you had a great time, we really enjoyed the Freedom.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

It was great to read your very comprehensive review of your cruise on the Freedom. We were on that ship with the Cruisemates on the Freedom for Turkeys cruise almost 2 years ago. It was just like being back on that ship once again. By the way, last Saturday night at 10PM on the Travel Channel, Samantha Harris did the same cruise as you did on the Freedom. So, I had a double dose of cruising last week and reliving my experience on that beautiful ship. Your photos were awesome, and your narration was over the top. I really felt like I was crusing along with you. You are a very talented writer and photographer. Keep up the good work on your next cruise.

Leyla from Long Island
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

RD, I have always enjoyed your reviews. I remember cold mornings in NH. I would get my coffee and sit with an afghan over my lap in that cold old house in NH. Your review would take me away to warm tropical places. I live in a warm tropical place now but It does not diminish my enjoyment of your reviews. I still get my coffee and sit down to relax. I am still whisked off to tropical beaches and fun in the sun. Thank you for all the reviews I have read in the past. Thanks also for all those wonderful stories to come in the future.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Admiral

I always feel sorry for her husband who has to take all of the pictures
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Admiral

GREAT JOB, as usual R.D. Thanks for taking all of us along on your cruise. As the others said, it was the next best thing to going along with you and James....

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Thank you to all who replied!

Venice, my husband only take the pics with me in them, he hates having his picture taken. Besides, he is too busy videotaping everything so we can enjoy our cruise once again when we get home!

Laura, glad you've so enjoyed all the past reviews, and hopefull, more to come!

Kuki, , if I knew how to post them like you say, or make them stick, I would, but I only know how to do what I know how to do! If you can help, please let me know!

CajunCruiser, I hate to tell you, but once you have that balcony cabin....there's no going back now!
Sorry, I don't have any more pics of the cabin, but I will tell you that that last-side-before-the-back cabin was HUGE, with lots of room to move around, which is nicer than the average balcony cabin. Sorry, forgot to take pics of the balcony!

ShotoJuku, thanks for starting this thread!

donna
Old June 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
First Mate

ShotoJuku, thanks for starting this thread!

donna[/quote]

You're welcome! The only thing is that we all have to wait 143 days until your next cruise and our next virtual cruise adventure!

Old June 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Kuki, , if I knew how to post them like you say, or make them stick, I would, but I only know how to do what I know how to do! If you can help, please let me know!
Donna .. the first part is easy. When you post them, post each in the same thread, rather than a new thread for each day.

So the title of the thread would be Conquest Review, and one would just keep reading each of the following days by scrolling down. The way you do it each one is its own thread.... and while they are on the front page of the message board people read them.... but after they disappear a few pages they deep they get scattered.

You put a lot of work into them. Shame for that to happen.
Old June 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Donna, thank you, thank you, thank you. As you can see your time, effort and hard work is thoroughly appreciated. I enjoyed reading all the threads and seeing the beautiful pics.
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:40 AM
Admiral

Kuki, I understand what you mean, for for that to happen, I would have to be at the computer for days on end, because it takes me SO long to load and re-size photos. The only way to handle it is to do one day at a time!

donna
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Kuki, I understand what you mean, for for that to happen, I would have to be at the computer for days on end, because it takes me SO long to load and re-size photos. The only way to handle it is to do one day at a time!

donna
I may be confusing you.....
Yup.. you do it one day at a time as you did.. BUT you just add each day to the same thread. This is what we do with our Virtual Cruise Reports, and those are done from the ships using the slow internet... For an example of what I'm talking about,
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=594346

Not suggesting you go back to redo it. Just a suggestion for next time, then all your hard work won't just disappear into cyberspace after a couple of days.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Wow! I am so ready to cruise now. I wish there was a way to take what you have already done and save it somewhere. It is like a good book that you want to read over and over and over. Thank you for sharing so much of your trip with us!
Marty
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

As I mentioned in another post..the fact that Donna laid down on the floor, for us to see the painted ceiling, shows just how dedicated she is at storytelling..I say that, vs a review, because we all get so carried away through the chapters of her days at sea..and I too, will say..Kudos!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Beginner

Donna, I just finished reading your latest review. Thanks so much! I REALLY enjoy the in-depth and picture-laden reviews that cruisers posted, and yours was fantastic!

My only qualm was that I thought there was a Nassau part II...is that in the works? I'm on tenterhooks here waiting for it!

I'm going on the Miracle for my honeymoon on 7/27. I hope to post a review that is 1/10 as good as yours! Thanks again!

*Liz*
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Awesome review. We almost selected Freedom next July but decided on The Dream. Will have to book her later she looks like fun...
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Admiral

jinxnb,
no, there was only 1 part for Nassau, that was covered in Part 9.
I wish there were more too, but you'll have to wait till my next cruise!

donna