Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:19 AM
Admiral

Default Sorry, another bottled water question!!

When you brought bottled water on board, how did you do it?
I've heard of putting a luggage tag on it and putting it with the check bags.
Then I read where some of you just brought a couple of bottles on board and refilled from the tap.

I'm interested in just bringing about 12 bottles betweeen 2 of us for a 7 day cruise, how shoud I do this?
Thanks everyone,
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

The water from the tap is very good water. All we do is get water bottles and then fill them every morning at the Lido deck beverage station. There is lemonade and juice. and also a water spout. Ice and all. I get the wide mouth bottles and put lots of ice in them too. can refill anytime of day at that station too. Save carrying on case of water. I was impressed how good the water tastes. Happy cruising.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Admiral

I think bringing bottled water on board falls under the soft drink rule. You can have a cooler up to 12"x12"x12" to bring a reasonable amount of beverages on board. Your 12 bottles for two people should be fine.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I wiuld recommend that you go shopping for a double walled, wide-mouthwater bottle instead of bringing bottles of water. A water bottle can be filled and a wide mouth allows you to put ice in to keep the water cold.

I have a narrow mouth double walled steel one and it came in handy on a hot day. Sure, the water wasn't cold, but it was water!!!!!

Your other option is to buy 2 1L bottles of water and just keep refilling the bottles as a cheaper alternative (under $5).

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

We brought our own wide mouth drink bottles. They hold about a quart and have the spout for drinking. The water on the ship is fine to drink, or you can fill with punch, etc from the lido. We bought insulated cover for the bottles, lets you hang it over your shoulder, and keeps beverages cool while walking around in tropical weather. With proper preperation, they also make a fine way to tote adult beverages also. At least that is what I hear.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have always told people to just bring a couple of bottles and refill them using the ship's water. I now "qualify" that statement. The Carnival Pride was the first ship that I've encountered that had bad tasting water. It was that way in November of '08 and April '09. While the water wasn't terrible it didn't taste good. I stated my displeasure on my comment card on both cruises.

Otherwise, in twenty-some cruises, the Carnival Pride is the only ship where I've had a problem with the water.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

The insulated bottle is a great idea. On a recent flight the passenger next to me pulled out his bottle of water and began to drink. I asked how it got it through security. The answer: empty and I filled it in the terminal. Duh! Such a good idea the DW did it on the way home with her insulated coffee mug.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapete
We brought our own wide mouth drink bottles. They hold about a quart and have the spout for drinking. The water on the ship is fine to drink, or you can fill with punch, etc from the lido. We bought insulated cover for the bottles, lets you hang it over your shoulder, and keeps beverages cool while walking around in tropical weather. With proper preperation, they also make a fine way to tote adult beverages also. At least that is what I hear.
Yes, I can confirm the last statement...
But we already bring water bottle for toting....
and last time we just bought a couple of bottles from our cabin stock...
This time, I think we may just bring a couple of wide mouth bottles like everyone is suggesting....
by the way, we also tote soda too. 8)

Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Beginner

I, too, had a question about bottled water. I ended up bringing 6 bottles for the 2 of us and refilling them. The tap water was perfectly fine.
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
I have always told people to just bring a couple of bottles and refill them using the ship's water. I now "qualify" that statement. The Carnival Pride was the first ship that I've encountered that had bad tasting water. It was that way in November of '08 and April '09. While the water wasn't terrible it didn't taste good. I stated my displeasure on my comment card on both cruises.

Otherwise, in twenty-some cruises, the Carnival Pride is the only ship where I've had a problem with the water.

Take care,
Mike
Funny you should mention that.... it was the water on the Pride last year that made me ask the question about bringing water on board.
It was okay for me, but my sister who just loves her water and has to have it 24/7 didn't care for it. So we ended up buying some water from our cabin stock, the price wasn't that bad if it's something you want bad enough.
Anyway it was last Sept on the Pride. I don't recall having any problems on the Paradise the year before.