Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default stupid alcohol/soda clarification once again

Sorry for asking guys, I know there's a lot of posts on here about this but I'm still confused. A few years ago while I was boarding the Elation, they confiscated all of our bottled water and gatorade. They said absolutely no beverages brought on board. Judging by the quantity of confiscations sitting around, I assumed lots of people had the same experience. I'm leaving in two weeks on Ecstasy and wanted to bring some wine and soda but am a bit gunshy. What is the "real" procedure and what is the "sneaky" procedure. Thanks guys....Sail On!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Admiral

You are absolutely allowed to bring one bottle of wine per adult passenger. I guess it depends on who is checking for the other but I have not heard of anyone being told lately that they could not take water/gatorade on board.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
First Mate

The quote below is from Carnival’s FAQ on their website. For a group of 4 I frequently board with about 12 plastic bottles of soda and water in our carryon bags. No one has made any comments at all. I’ve have also seen families take on a 24 case of cans with no questions asked.

I don’t know if you hit the port at a time when security was a bit tighter or just a screener having a bad day but in my experience it would be unusual to see the port personnel have any problem with water or soda as long as it wasn’t multiple cases or in a large cooler.

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination