Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Familiar Face

Default cash for S&S account

I don't want to use my debit card for my s&s acct. How do they handle cash accts.? I don't have anymore credit cards so it's either debit card or cash. When I did the Funpass, I put down cash as my payment.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

You have two choices;

1. Go on the Carnival Web Site and purcahse Carnival Dollars which you can put towards your S&S account.

2. As soon as you are on board go to the Purser's/Information desk and give them the cash to put towards your S&S account.

Reguardles though you will have to give them a credit card during check in. As long as your charges do not exceed the cash amount on deposit your credit card will not be charged, also if you have not pre payed your gratuities they will be charged to your S&S account probably before your even on board the ship.

If you have any money left on your account at the end of the cruise they will give you a check for the differance on the last night.

Hope this helps.

Happy Sailing
Mark

Read and post cruise reviews

Need some cruise help?
LIBERTY - 5/2013
SPIRIT - 9/2012 (PLATINUM)
INSPIRATION - 9/2012 (B2B)
PARADISE - 4/2010
VALOR -3/2010
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS - 10/2009
SPLENDOR - 4/2009
VICTORY - 4/2008
GLORY - 11/2007
ELATION - 6/2007
PARADISE - 10/2006
Old June 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

From the Carnival FAQ
Cash Deposit:
U.S. Currency and Traveler's Checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited.

"Recommended" deposits per duration of the voyage are as follows:
2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp
5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp
9+ day cruises: $350 deposit pp

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hello bingodiva,

I've been in the same boat as you before; I didn't want to give my debit card so on my last cruise, I went straight to the pursers desk and gave them cash (I gave $300). I did not give a credit card or my debit card at the time of check in. I just told them I would be using cash for sail and sign and it was not a problem.

The only problem came when I boarded, and wanted that fruity concoction and had to pass because I didn't have any moola on my s&s account yet.

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have always used cash on my sail n sign card. I dont use credit cards and I dont want my debit card held up like that. So its jsut as easy to use the cash. I have also gotten a drink before I have paid on my card too. They know you are putting money in the acct so they have no worries. Trust me you will be charged by the time the money is in it. We go to put money in the acct right after we eat lunch and before we can get into our cabins. As soon as the pursers desk isnt 6 miles long. heheheI used to use travelers checks but our bank stopped selling them. I wont pay another bank to get travelers checks. So I just took cash and was very aware of where my purse was at all times. I carry a travel purse over my head and around my neck. not easy to get from me at all.All of my documents are in there also. All in one place so I dont need to dig for any of it when the time comes. Its all handy. I keep cash in the safe on ship also. the one in our cabin. very safe in deed. Happy sailing
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ahhh, good to know you can get the drink before the s&s account is set up. I didn't know that nor did I ask, I just didn't accept the drink because I fig I couldn't. Thanks!

Old June 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to april19820

on my last cruise I used my debit card and they held my money so getting back home I had to watch what I spent. I plan on using cash this time, my question is that I booked with a friend and she would like to use her credit card on the sign and sail account. is it possible to split it in the reservation. Thanks guys

Carnical Fascination~ 12/12/2009
RCL Majesty of the Sea~ 8/25/2008

Old June 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Admiral

There is another option... instead of waiting until you board the ship, you can call your VP or TA and put the money on your account ahead of time. This way your money is on your card and waiting for you when you board.
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old June 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb
Ahhh, good to know you can get the drink before the s&s account is set up. I didn't know that nor did I ask, I just didn't accept the drink because I fig I couldn't. Thanks!
Don't say anything to the server. Just give them your S&S card. Usually they are just making hand written charges for the Foo Foo drinks when you first board. In the event they run the card they will just tell you there is a problem and you need to go to the Pursers Desk. By then you are enjoying the drink.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

If the other person in the cabin is using a credit card thats fine. You each have your own account anyway. You will have your own folio number on the card. Thats the acct number. Happy cruising.