Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Default We need more shows about Carnival ships on Travel Channel...

if Carnival would send Samantha Brown on a cruise on every one of their ships, and then these would be shown on the Travel Channel?

I've seen her go on Imagination out of a California port, so that was great, now we need to get her on the other ships! I wish these "cruise" shows would show more of the ship itself than the excursions, but they are fun to watch!
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Admiral

And why would you restrict it to Carnival ships??

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM
First Mate

She just made an excellent show based on Carnival Freedom, it was a girls week away - it aired in June and I am SURE they will show it again. It was much better than the one she did on Imagination, although it again centered on her activities/resorts more than the ship- I would have liked a lot more ship tours etc..
Old July 5th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I would love to see Samantha Brown on other ships as well. We love Carnival, but would love to compare it to other lines etc...and what a wonderful way to review another line.

I have seen Ms Brown on a RCCL cruise, I can't remember the ship.
(must be a sign)

and I also saw the Inspiration cruise from Tampa and the Carnival Freedom cruise from Miami.

Please please....send her on more cruises...or if she doesn't want to go....send ME!!!
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old July 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Yes, I agree, I've seen her do shows on two RCl ship so far, so I initlally wanted to see her more on Carnival, but it appear's she's finally doing that. I forgot I'd seen her to a week cruise with her mom and a few friends - I think that was the Freedom.

Actually it would be fun to see a different ship from a different line each week. Rotating a Carnival. Royal, Princess, Norwegian, etc...

It would be fun to see the different sort of activities each line/ship has, and especially to see the way the ships all look on the inside...
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: We need more shows about Carnival ships on Travel Channe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
if Carnival would send Samantha Brown on a cruise on every one of their ships, and then these would be shown on the Travel Channel?

I've seen her go on Imagination out of a California port, so that was great, now we need to get her on the other ships! I wish these "cruise" shows would show more of the ship itself than the excursions, but they are fun to watch!
Samantha Brown has done shows featuring several Carnival ships and the ships of other cruiselines also. The Travel Channel doesn't devote shows only to cruise travel.
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Admiral

our own Dave The Wave, has offered Samatha to film on the 'Minnow of the Seas', so look for it on an upcoming episode
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Watch, Cruises We Love, on Saturday nights at 10:30...diff ships and itinerarys....most interesting..no Sam, but oh well

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
First Mate

A 1/2 hr show on the Splendor was on "W" the wealth channel. :o
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Love the wealth channel Let's Shop, gives you shopping,and, a tour of the city they shop in.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I envy your travel channel's programming. The so called "Travel & Leisure," otherwise known as the former Travel Channel, in Canda SUCKS!!! I have seen so many of the repeats repeated repeatedly repititiously that I don't even bother with that channel anymore!!!!! They seem to think a food show that travels to different destinations is a travel show--no, he's going there to eat the food, not see the sights! (ANthony Bourdain).

I have only ever seen a handful of shows about the cruise industry--Freedom of the Seas construction, drydock/reconstrcution of a RCI ship, QM2, a behind the scenes show, and Cruise Confidential. All of these shows have been on Discovery, TLC, or MSNBC.

You all should be tickled you have dencet programming...I've voiced my opinion to the Canadian broadcasting authorities (CRTC), but it usually takes a lot more than one person to get better programming....It isn't just that, your programming for Discovery Channel and Animal Planet is different than what we get (once again, repeats repeated repeatedly reitisiously!)

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to april19820

I go over to my parents house on Sundays for dinner and afterwards we all gather and watch cruises we love and samantha brown. I just wish they would do longer shows with every diffrent cruise line. It would be much better to have an all cruise channel.

Carnical Fascination~ 12/12/2009
RCL Majesty of the Sea~ 8/25/2008

Old July 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I envy your travel channel's programming. The so called "Travel & Leisure," otherwise known as the former Travel Channel, in Canda SUCKS!!! I have seen so many of the repeats repeated repeatedly repititiously that I don't even bother with that channel anymore!!!!! They seem to think a food show that travels to different destinations is a travel show--no, he's going there to eat the food, not see the sights! (ANthony Bourdain).

I have only ever seen a handful of shows about the cruise industry--Freedom of the Seas construction, drydock/reconstrcution of a RCI ship, QM2, a behind the scenes show, and Cruise Confidential. All of these shows have been on Discovery, TLC, or MSNBC.

You all should be tickled you have dencet programming...I've voiced my opinion to the Canadian broadcasting authorities (CRTC), but it usually takes a lot more than one person to get better programming....It isn't just that, your programming for Discovery Channel and Animal Planet is different than what we get (once again, repeats repeated repeatedly reitisiously!)
See if you can get this to play in Canada- it is Peter Greenberg's recent show on CNBC (money channel) about the NCL Pearl, and it's really well done as are all the things he does.
I will give the link but if it doesn't work try his site.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?vid...9954767&play=1
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:30 PM
First Mate

Speaking of which - it is on CNBC right now, started at 9pm Eastern .
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:04 AM
First Mate

[quote="faraway"]
Quote:
The Travel Channel doesn't devote shows only to cruise travel.
So I have noticed. They devote more air time to poker than to cruising. I hate to admit my ignorance, but I was not even aware that poker tables were a mode of travel.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Admiral

I agree, they need longer showws about cruises! and a "cruise only" channel would be heaven! I notices the new show, Great Cruises, so that's a start! i agree it it sorely missing Samantha Brown's charm! She really seems to enjoy travelling and meeting new people and seeing new places, and she's the perfect travel show host.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Quote:

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, the boyfriend and I loved watching Samantha on the Freedom, as well as the Imagination show. On the other had, watching her on the Freedom just cost me a bunch of $$, because I just *had* to take another cruise asap after seeing that one (needed a 4 nighter to get me by until our 7 day in November)!

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past cruises:
Carnival Triumph Sept 2008 - Eastern Caribbean
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Everyone who agrees that the Travel Channel should air more specials on the cruising industry should post their comments on their web site. I am so tired of Andrew Zimmern, whose travels are a requirement for appearing on the "Travel" channel but provides a convenient venue to delve into each country's cuisine and eat almost anything, dead or alive. The same can be said for Anthony Bourdain, ho hum. These two programs would quality to be on the Food Network rather than the Travel Channel. When Samantha Brown sailed on the Carnival Freedom, the program concentrated a large amount of time on her shore excursions and precious little on the ship itself. The program "Do's and Don'ts of Cruising" that is constantly re-run on the Travel Channel is very old and contains outdated information. I also would love to see a program dedicated to just cruising and really explore the ship's amenities, programs, dining options, stateroom categories, ports of call, etc.